You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

9 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Klopp was saying in the run up to Wembley how draining he found last season. 

If he stays, absolutely brilliant. If he leaves, I’m sure it’s his choice and all the best to him. 9 seasons is unheard of these days. 

Given we all missed a year due to COVID19, I’d hope he’d give another year, but I’d respect his decision either way. 

I'd respect his decision even more if he said: "I was surprised and delighted to be offered a position on the board, and am looking forward to working with King Kenny".

• Upvote 1

It might be a good idea to just promote Pep and try to keep everything else exactly the same, especially if Jurgen is walking away from football for good. The problem we have is if Klopp wants to leave and then take another job after a year off. That'll mean the fitness coach, the assistants, the nutritionist and Lijnders will probably leave with him.

• Upvote 1

Jurgen seems to like projects and at 57 in summer 2024 I can't see him wanting to start from scratch anywhere else.

I reckon the only job he would feel unsated if he doesn't give a go before retirement is the German national job, so how they go in the Euros held in Germany that summer may be key.

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

Jurgen seems to like projects and at 57 in summer 2024 I can't see him wanting to start from scratch anywhere else.

I reckon the only job he would feel unsated if he doesn't give a go before retirement is the German national job, so how they go in the Euros held in Germany that summer may be key.

That's how I see it.  He'll either renew with us (maybe after a sabbatical) or retire from club football. I really can't see him being a club manager after he's sixty.  

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

That is the same with Salah if you look at it that way. Not sure if Klopper is the best paid manager in the world, but he should be. I would bet the contract on offer doesn't reflect that.

He won't be the best paid manager in the world, Simeone earns something mental like a basic of 30m euros a year. 

https://socceronsunday.com/article/the-quadruple-is-in-the-bag-insists-klopp/

Jürgen Klopp has insisted that Liverpool will win an unprecedented quadruple after clinching the Carabao Cup on Sunday. The Merseysiders are still competing for the FA Cup, Premier League and Champions League.

For sure, the quadruple is in the bag,” Klopp told Soccer on Sunday. “Who’s going to stop us? City? Don’t make me laugh. I respect Pep, but he’s basically a shit me. The man doesn’t even have hair — that’s if you can call someone without hair a ‘man’. I suppose baldies are men, technically.”

“See this?” said the German, pulling down his tracksuit bottoms and Y-Fronts to reveal a bright red ‘Quadruple 2022’ tattoo on his arse. “This is how much I believe in the boys. It was Milly’s first time doing a tattoo, which is unbelievable when you really get in close to my cheeks and examine the lettering.”

“The quadruple quadruple is on,” he added. “One quadruple more or less down, three more to go.”

klopp-1024x602.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 05/03/2022 at 14:51, coachpotato said:

Mbappe, Haaland, Bellingham…………?
Jurgen is the best signing we could make.

If he were to agree to stay on until, say, 2027, then that type of calibre of player would be more attracted to coming here than to most other clubs I believe.

But with him not here, I doubt any of them would want to come to a club transitioning between managers, particularly to one who is unlikely to be as good as the one that’s just left.

Unless it’s Guardiola who comes in?

(dons tin hat!)

When have we ever signed those types of players under Klopp? He'll buy players who suit the club and his style of management. I dont think these players are.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Klopp on the hypocrisy of the media & football world by largely turning a blind eye to Abramovich before now, with Newcastle getting a mention too. Notable that he genuinely seems to be happy with FSG.

As ever, Jurgen tells it like it is.

• Upvote 2

On 09/03/2022 at 01:18, VladimirIlyich said:

When have we ever signed those types of players under Klopp? He'll buy players who suit the club and his style of management. I dont think these players are.

I didn’t say those players, I said players of that calibre. Some of the players we have here now, who are regarded as world class, I have no doubt signed because of Klopp being here, would they have signed had he not been here? I don’t think so. Virgil for one one was reported to have turned down interest from other big clubs to sign for us because of Klopp.

If I didn’t explain that clearly enough then I hope this clarifies that?

On 19/03/2022 at 08:48, coachpotato said:

I didn’t say those players, I said players of that calibre. Some of the players we have here now, who are regarded as world class, I have no doubt signed because of Klopp being here, would they have signed had he not been here? I don’t think so. Virgil for one one was reported to have turned down interest from other big clubs to sign for us because of Klopp.

If I didn’t explain that clearly enough then I hope this clarifies that?

Fairy muff. Peace out.

• Upvote 1

I still scratch my head that quite so many of our fans actually wanted Ancelotti to become our manager instead of Jurgen.

I mean, come on; the football he plays, the humour he possesses, the loyalty and dogged determination, sportsmanship and decency, his moral decency, high character and politics so in tune with the Liverpool people, Klopp of The Kop, it was written in the stars man.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I still scratch my head that quite so many of our fans actually wanted Ancelotti to become our manager instead of Jurgen.

I mean, come on; the football he plays, the humour he possesses, the loyalty and dogged determination, sportsmanship and decency, his moral decency, high character and politics so in tune with the Liverpool people, Klopp of The Kop, it was written in the stars man.

I thought Klopp was out of reach but then i thought the same about Ancelotti.

while I didn’t agree with those that preferred Ancelotti I kind of understand where they were coming from. Klopp had a terrible final season at Dortmund but hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

7 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I did and I was bang wrong. My logic was that ancelotti has always been a winner and I though klopp was just a motivator. I have never been so happy to be a nothing cunt 

• Upvote 1

You'd have been disappointed if Ancelotti had been appointed? I really wanted Klopp, but he seemed too good to be true. Turns out he was even better than too-good-to-be-true. The thought of the road not travelled freaks the shit out of me.

• Upvote 1

This is a bit unfair to those that did want Ancelotti as we'd just had Brendan Rodgers and almost anybody was an improvement. It was not long previous that we'd had The Owl. I wanted Klopp desperately as he looked a perfect match but had little faith in FSG feeling the same way.

8 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

DD318-F93-AD4-B-4-EA9-B78-A-EF107-A2-E07