Quantcast
Jurgen Norbert Klopp - Page 51 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Carvalho Diablo

Jurgen Norbert Klopp

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Sorry mate no idea what I was thinking.

I have no idea, make sure you run your opinions past me before offering the in future if you could.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SlugTrail said:

I have no idea, make sure you run your opinions past me before offering the in future if you could.

How do you stand on Chicken and Mushroom Pot Noodle on crinkle cut McCain oven chips? Asking for a friend.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

How do you stand on Chicken and Mushroom Pot Noodle on crinkle cut McCain oven chips? Asking for a friend.

I would tell him that investing in an air fryer would be a good idea to enhance the chip aspect and the beef and tomato one would be better but wouldn't rule that out completely.

 

I will investigate and probably forget to come back to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

I would tell him that investing in an air fryer would be a good idea to enhance the chip aspect and the beef and tomato one would be better but wouldn't rule that out completely.

 

I will investigate and probably forget to come back to you.

Got an air fryer great for chicken and home made chips, but I still like a McCain now and then. Sorry ‘ they ‘ have got one and still like etc etc.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Got an air fryer great for chicken and home made chips, but I still like a McCain now and then. Sorry ‘ they ‘ have got one and still like etc etc.....

The oven chips work really well in the air fryer, not so dry.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Kloppo’s style is very ambitious. We need all our players to work very hard and do their part. If everybody does and every single player sticks to the game plan, we’re almost unstoppable. But when one or two are out of form, or a new player doesn’t stick to the game plan 100% we’re equally poor.

That counter pressing style is great when we force opposition out of options. Then we’ll win the ball high up the field and can immediately use the unbalance to our advantage. If one single player doesn’t do his job, there’ll be a way out for the opp and all we achieve is being more vulnerable with too few people back to defend. If we do succeed with the high pressure, and one player doesn’t commit himself to the immediate attack, but i.e. plays a back pass to keep things controlled, the risky high line was all for nothing.

We’ve seen this from Kloppo before. When it works, his teams are the best in the world. When it doesn’t, clueless. In a way it’s either on or it’s not, nothing in between.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

I think Kloppo’s style is very ambitious. We need all our players to work very hard and do their part. If everybody does and every single player sticks to the game plan, we’re almost unstoppable. But when one or two are out of form, or a new player doesn’t stick to the game plan 100% we’re equally poor.

 

 

That counter pressing style is great when we force opposition out of options. Then we’ll win the ball high up the field and can immediately use the unbalance to our advantage. If one single player doesn’t do his job, there’ll be a way out for the opp and all we achieve is being more vulnerable with too few people back to defend. If we do succeed with the high pressure, and one player doesn’t commit himself to the immediate attack, but i.e. plays a back pass to keep things controlled, the risky high line was all for nothing.

 

 

We’ve seen this from Kloppo before. When it works, his teams are the best in the world. When it doesn’t, clueless. In a way it’s either on or it’s not, nothing in between.

 

 

Proof is in the pudding this season the injuries have had their effect and shown fully the limitations in the squad. A crowd, refs not being cunts and a few new players might help. Mental and physical tiredness too after the last few seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FSG backing Klopp to turn it around, according to Paul Joyce in The Times.  Blame injuries combined with the odd nature of the season. Also claims that “funds will be found to improve the team”, so we’ll see about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

FSG backing Klopp to turn it around, according to Paul Joyce in The Times.  Blame injuries combined with the odd nature of the season. Also claims that “funds will be found to improve the team”, so we’ll see about that.

Funds will be found. Okay. Damn right they should back Klopp. Every season so far bar this one has been a joy under him. Europa Cup final,two champions league finals and a win and a premier league title. They shouldn't be backing him they should apologise and then give him all his wants.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jürgen Klopp retains the unflinching support of Liverpool’s owner, Fenway Sports Group, and will remain tasked with leading the club forward.

The Liverpool manager has admitted that he is enduring one of the lowest points of his managerial career after an unprecedented sequence of six successive home defeats, the latest of which came with the 1-0 loss to Fulham yesterday.

Outside scrutiny on Klopp’s reign has intensified now that Liverpool have fallen to eighth in the Premier League, having been top on December 27.

However, Klopp can continue to count on the unequivocal backing of FSG, which harbours no doubts that he will oversee a revival in the champions’ fortunes. It believes that a two-month downturn in results is an anomaly and has been shaped hugely by a lengthy injury list during what is an unusual season owing to the pandemic.

After five years of progress FSG will not abandon 53-year-old Klopp and plans to make money available to strengthen the team despite the increasing likelihood of missing out on a place in the Champions League next season.

Liverpool’s finances will take a hit should they face a season outside Europe’s elite, and that would compound the effects of the pandemic, but funds will be found to improve the team, in keeping with FSG’s overall strategy.

Last summer, Thiago Alcântara, Diogo Jota and Kostas Tsimikas were recruited and a lack of availability, rather than complacency, prompted the January signings of Ozan Kabak and Ben Davies to try to offset a defensive crisis.

Klopp has said that his squad does not require an overhaul and FSG also believes that this is the case. Both manager and hierarchy are confident that when the likes of Virgil van Dijk, Jordan Henderson and Joe Gomez are available again, there will be an improvement in results.

With Van Dijk unlikely to be fit again until next season, there is the possibility of further pain in the short term, yet FSG’s belief that Klopp, lauded as the best manager in the world nine months ago, remains the perfect fit for Liverpool is unshakeable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

FSG backing Klopp to turn it around, according to Paul Joyce in The Times.  Blame injuries combined with the odd nature of the season. Also claims that “funds will be found to improve the team”, so we’ll see about that.

Sacking Jurgen would be a ridiculous thing to do from their perspective. The vast majority of our fanbase would be up in arms and even the few fans out there that doubt that this brilliant manager can turn it around wouldn't be shouting that too loudly when at best we appoint a Van Gaal type (previously world class and still very good but past it) or an up and comer with potential like a Brendan in 2012 or one of the hipster German managers who have done nothing of note yet. I would include Stevie in that category of up and comers.

 

From a business persepctive, Jurgen rarely gets a transfer wrong. His management has made the club massive amounts of money and his ability to work within the limitations afforded him is remarkable.

 

I hope that the last few months have given FSG a kick in the bollox that is sometimes needed. Their lack of proper investment in the squad was a hallmark of their belief that we just needed to show up with Jurgen and our brilliant 15 or 16 players and we would win the league and/or a Champions League. This season will be a huge loss to them financially. I doubt they will want to make a habit of it so backing the best in the world makes sense. Moving forward we need a bench with players of the quality of Jota to really keep the first team players on their toes rather than the complacency that is there this year.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheDrowningMan said:

FSG backing Klopp to turn it around, according to Paul Joyce in The Times.  Blame injuries combined with the odd nature of the season. Also claims that “funds will be found to improve the team”, so we’ll see about that.

 The dreaded vote of confidence eh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/02/2021 at 11:16, dockers_strike said:

Personally, I think it's a bit of a simplification to say change the system. The game is just about putting the ball in the oppos net and keeping it out of yours. If neither your forwards and midfielders arent scoring, the best you're going to get is a draw.

 

If your defence and keeper are leaking goals as well, you're up shit creek.

 

While some say our form has been poor since winning the title, it's really gone tits up since Mo gave his Real Madrid & Barcelona radio interview and the longer Wijnaldum contract situation remains unresolved. Speaking of which, he should choose his words more carefully. I dont like hearing the word 'victim' linked with Liverpool and certain not from a Liverpool player.

 

Sadio seems to have got the hump. His form is every bit as bad as Bobby's. The only saving grace is he has a couple of goals this season.

 

Im a little concerned at the similarities between now and Jurgen's last season at Dortmund, particular the first half of that season. Dortmund went into free fall and ended up in the relegation places at the start of the Bundesliga winter break.

 

I dont for one moment think or suggest we'll end up like that. The players seem to have developed a mental block about winning at Anfield. Everyone, including me, seems to have ideas Jurgen needs to implement to stop the rot. But only he, his coaching staff and players can fix it.

 

The simplest idea is just stop conceeding goals. But to do that, we'd really have to go all defensive at the expense of the attack. That would likely mean more draws which isnt what we need right now.

 

However it ends up, Jurgen needs a good clear out of his squad come the summer.

It’s not simplification to explain reasons why we aren’t scoring goals.  If we were creating chances and not scoring you could blame the finishing but we aren’t creating anything.  We can’t even work a decent long range shooting position that often.  It’s simplification go just say we aren’t scoring and everyone’s out of form.  It pretty much happened overnight and has been this way for months but you can date us not creating chances cleanly now for years.  A lot of our wins last season were very close games that were settled by one goal.  We weren’t sweeping sides left and right.

 

We need to come up with a new way of creating chances.  The current set up has been figured out by every level of team in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just watched klopp talking about how he's responsible for the club's relationship with the fans (while being questioned about ESL) and how he will try to sort it somehow..you can hear the passion in his voice. We're truly lucky to have this man running our club. He's a real football man - he's defended us tonight and let that twat Neville have it. He's defended his players. All while not defending the actions of the owners. I dread the day klopp has had enough and wants to move on, but he's genuinely a light in the darkness of self interest in modern football. I feel at the end of my line in football and hear this man talk, and he reminds me of what it's all about. 

  • Upvote 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've just watched klopp talking about how he's responsible for the club's relationship with the fans (while being questioned about ESL) and how he will try to sort it somehow..you can hear the passion in his voice. We're truly lucky to have this man running our club. He's a real football man - he's defended us tonight and let that twat Neville have it. He's defended his players. All while not defending the actions of the owners. I dread the day klopp has had enough and wants to move on, but he's genuinely a light in the darkness of self interest in modern football. I feel at the end of my line in football and hear this man talk, and he reminds me of what it's all about. 

He is the best manager we could possibly have.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

He is the best manager we could possibly have.

He's the best human being we could possibly have.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've just watched klopp talking about how he's responsible for the club's relationship with the fans (while being questioned about ESL) and how he will try to sort it somehow..you can hear the passion in his voice. We're truly lucky to have this man running our club. He's a real football man - he's defended us tonight and let that twat Neville have it. He's defended his players. All while not defending the actions of the owners. I dread the day klopp has had enough and wants to move on, but he's genuinely a light in the darkness of self interest in modern football. I feel at the end of my line in football and hear this man talk, and he reminds me of what it's all about. 

I’m out of rep ( never said that before) but yes, yes and yes.

His attack on Gary Neville was pure comedy gold and even more so Nevilles massively defensive reaction was fucking hilarious. He defended our right to sing the club anthem and Gary Neville is never gonna fucking take that away from us.

Neville talks a lot of sense but he does use that reasonable persona to get sly digs in and Klopp fucking called him out.

if you haven’t seen the Neville reaction yet I recommend you do. The pretend Sky sports laughing and smiling through gritted teeth was all gone, it was fucking funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×