Quantcast
Jurgen Norbert Klopp - Page 50 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Carvalho Diablo

Jurgen Norbert Klopp

I guess it turns out that the tactical tweak we heard about at the start of the season doesn’t really work. I’d still see every player in the team bar maybe Virgil leave before Klopp. I think we’re getting the anti Mourinho Mourinho effect. In so much as Mourinho mentally drains players of any joy or motivation with his wanky negativity and weirdo mind games over a period of three years whilst Klopp is on the opposite end of the scale but has such a positive style and manner that it can be just as exhausting. I think for long term success we’d need a steady stream of new players to put through the mill.

20 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

I guess it turns out that the tactical tweak we heard about at the start of the season doesn’t really work. I’d still see every player in the team bar maybe Virgil leave before Klopp. I think we’re getting the anti Mourinho Mourinho effect. In so much as Mourinho mentally drains players of any joy or motivation with his wanky negativity and weirdo mind games over a period of three years whilst Klopp is on the opposite end of the scale but has such a positive style and manner that it can be just as exhausting. I think for long term success we’d need a steady stream of new players to put through the mill.

Definitely some kind of element to this, although I put the blame more at the feet of FSG. 

We dropped off the cliff at the start of Jan, when it became apparent we weren't signing anyone. Got even worse when they signed two freebie rejects. 

Players surely just have just thought what is the point in running through brick walls for this. 

We’re playing like klopps told them he’s going at the end of the season. Apart from Robbo and Henderson, there’s no motivation in any of them. None of them are gonna be dropped and klopps drained the life out of those on the bench by never using them. 

It wouldn’t surprise me to see a lot more drop out due to “muscle injuries” these next few weeks and this terrible run continuing. 

We’ve spent far too much money on midfielders and ignored the point winning areas of the pitch. 

Major rethink this summer. 

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

We’re playing like klopps told them he’s going at the end of the season. Apart from Robbo and Henderson, there’s no motivation in any of them. None of them are gonna be dropped and klopps drained the life out of those on the bench by never using them. 

It wouldn’t surprise me to see a lot more drop out due to “muscle injuries” these next few weeks and this terrible run continuing. 

We’ve spent far too much money on midfielders and ignored the point winning areas of the pitch. 

Well that would be the best kept secret in football ever if your think that about Jurgen going.

Players losing heart might be one thing but to think players would drop out of the team due to their made up muscle injuries is just batshit crazy. Id also say it's disrespectful to the players. Presumably you're talking about Wijnaldum, Shaqiri, Origi, Ox Chamberlane, Allison?

As for spending too much on midfield at the expense of forwards, I also presume you're critizing Jurgen's strategy seeing as he said no one comes in or goes out without my say so? Or are you going to tell us all he spun us a lie and he doesnt have that authority?

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Well that would be the best kept secret in football ever if your think that about Jurgen going.

Players losing heart might be one thing but to think players would drop out of the team due to their made up muscle injuries is just batshit crazy. Id also say it's disrespectful to the players. Presumably you're talking about Wijnaldum, Shaqiri, Origi, Ox Chamberlane, Allison?

As for spending too much on midfield at the expense of forwards, I also presume you're critizing Jurgen's strategy seeing as he said no one comes in or goes out without my say so? Or are you going to tell us all he spun us a lie and he doesnt have that authority?

Sorry Ulla. 

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

The only thing the players are losing heart from is being shafted over and over and over by the referees. I guarantee you 100 pct it's a talking point among the players, and the coaching staff too. They are probably just as bewildered by it as us fans. You can point out that they are millionaires and whatever, they are still going to react negatively to injustice no matter how much you are paid.

Problem is, for every bad result, there are cunts all over the internet and twitter suggesting this is Klopp's and the players fault, and our own "supporters" are going to make the matter worse by criticising the players and the boss.

I suggest all of you even questioning the team look at the Leipzig game again. This is the team closest to the all-conquering Bayern side in the Bundesliga. We were far better than them, not least because the game was reffed to a normal standard, and the opposition showed up to play football. As long as the PL (Mike Riley) is appointing referees whose sole purpose is to indulge time-wasting and cheating, we need a full squad and full stadiums to be able to compete.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Red74 said:

It's an interesting point that, but I've got to say I would be amazed if that was the problem. Klopp came out and said last week when it was said he'd quit that he's going nowhere. I don't see him being a fella who would say that and then go. 

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's an interesting point that, but I've got to say I would be amazed if that was the problem. Klopp came out and said last week when it was said he'd quit that he's going nowhere. I don't see him being a fella who would say that and then go. 

Sorry, I should have added I don’t think Klopp has said he’s going nor do I think the players want him to go either.

These performances remind me of when Demento told the mancs half way through the season that this would be his last one and they just switched right off and threw the towel in. He had to come back out and say he was carrying on to get them back on track. 

12 hours ago, Red74 said:

Sorry, I should have added I don’t think Klopp has said he’s going nor do I think the players want him to go either.

These performances remind me of when Demento told the mancs half way through the season that this would be his last one and they just switched right off and threw the towel in. He had to come back out and say he was carrying on to get them back on track. 

Fair enough. That's actually why I said good point, is we do have that look about us I agree. 

https://twitter.com/TheRedmenTV/status/1365628992057987077?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1365628992057987077|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.liverpoolecho.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Ffootball-news%2Fliverpool-transfer-news-rumours-live-19924897Haha, love it.

https://twitter.com/TheRedmenTV/status

/1365628992057987077?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1365628992057987077%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.liverpoolecho.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Ffootball-news%2Fliverpool-transfer-news-rumours-live-19924897

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Jennings said:

He'll sort this out. Wish we were there to voaclly back him

Yep. Grab gold of him, kiss his head and thank him for being our manager. We could lose every game between now and the end of the season and I wouldn't wobble slightly about wanting him for the next 5 billion years here. Best thing thats happened to this football club since Dalglish signed in 77. 

• Upvote 2

I love Jurgen and I'm behind him 100%.

Some of the shite that's been spouted on here for the last few weeks, particularly last night is fucking disgraceful.

Blueshite behaviour.

• Upvote 2

I have to admit, Im worried about Jurgen. He's clearly a very strong man with a big heart. He's also an open emotional man. Nothing wrong with that, Im in touch with my feminine side.

Something is clearly wrong within the playing side of things. We've had bad luck, injuries and shite officiating. But come on, these are highly paid professional players and feeling sorry for themselves after what they have won is just a non starter for me.

Im just hypothesising but im wondering if there's been a mass breakdown of relationships within the squad. As we've seen, players all 'in' together can achieve incredible things. If they are all or, major personalities in the dressing room have fractured, for whatever reason, and going their own way, I think we start to see performances like we have, which have become utterly disjointed.

Jurgen is fiercely loyal to his players so he's never going to hint something like this is going on. But he's also between a rock and a hard place because injuries have decimated not just his squad but his whole tactical approach.

There was someone moaning last night about Fabinho playing alongside Kabak. Well what the fuck is the manager supposed to do when all the of CB's are injured and the same moaners are saying Rhys Williams is a 'Championship' defender 'at best'?

It's my opinion a couple of players are going through the motions because they dont want to be here. Im looking at Gini and Sadio. Mo might be one of them but at least he gives 100% effort every game. Bobby just looks shot.

Looks like a man that needs a good hug from 50'000 reds fans. 

Seriously I hope he has a chance to enjoy some down time, get home and see his family, pay his respects to his mum and just refresh batteries for next season.  
Oh and FSG don't leave your man hanging. Open the fucking chequebook!

• Upvote 1