Quantcast
Jurgen Norbert Klopp - Page 32 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Carvalho Diablo

Jurgen Norbert Klopp

1 hour ago, Arnaud said:

I don’t if it’s true but I read in some books Kenny was ready to come back after a few month break in 91. But the club never called hip back, so he went on to join Blackburn.

Marina said to the club to give him a 6 month break after he quit. I do think his decision to go was pretty spontaneous on the back of that 4-4 game. I cannot beginning to imagine the pressure Kenny had been and was under.

I remember some twat, Alan(?) Kennedy (not our barney rubble kennedy) of a DJ on Radio City, I think it was, saying Dalglish wasnt under pressure because not being able to pay your mortgage was 'real' pressure. I nearly chucked the fucking radio out the window hearing that simpleton say that on air especially given the circumstances involved.

The club couldnt operate in such a vacuum though and while Ronnie Moran guided the team for a while, the clamour to appoint Souey was growing daily. The rest as they say is history. But the King will always be a legend here.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

5 year ago today this great man walked into our club

giphy.gif

Imagine if we hadn't gotten him?

Actually, don't. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arnaud said:

I don’t if it’s true but I read in some books Kenny was ready to come back after a few month break in 91. But the club never called hip back, so he went on to join Blackburn.

It is true. He said it himself. 

• Upvote 1

Both Bill and Kenny would have come back if we'd been more flexible.  Obviously it worked out well with Bob.  

33 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

That's fucking brilliant. Do you know why Lewis was writing to him?

He's an 11 year old boy who was anxious about starting senior school.

Someone told him to write to one of his heroes so he wrote to Jurgen.

The story is on the Echo website.

• Upvote 1

On 08/10/2020 at 11:55, dockers_strike said:

Marina said to the club to give him a 6 month break after he quit. I do think his decision to go was pretty spontaneous on the back of that 4-4 game. I cannot beginning to imagine the pressure Kenny had been and was under.

I remember some twat, Alan(?) Kennedy (not our barney rubble kennedy) of a DJ on Radio City, I think it was, saying Dalglish wasnt under pressure because not being able to pay your mortgage was 'real' pressure. I nearly chucked the fucking radio out the window hearing that simpleton say that on air especially given the circumstances involved.

The club couldnt operate in such a vacuum though and while Ronnie Moran guided the team for a while, the clamour to appoint Souey was growing daily. The rest as they say is history. But the King will always be a legend here.

Alan Kennedy - aka barney rubble used to host the phone in on radio city. It’ll be the same guy.

9 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Alan Kennedy - aka barney rubble used to host the phone in on radio city. It’ll be the same guy.

Nah, it wasnt our barney. If the guy wasnt called Alan, it was something else Kennedy. The guy didnt have a geordie accent.

On 08/10/2020 at 14:34, Herp McDerp said:

Christ has it been 5 years? I still remember that Dortmund match like it was on just last week.

I still remember that Villa match like it was just last week!