You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

6 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Quite happy to sell my worldly belongings and follow Jurgen around the place if he ever quits football and starts his own religion. 

I've often wondered if the Germans had won the war and Klopp was the UK's Reich overseer would that be worth all the aggro, and I think yes.

18 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I've often wondered if the Germans had won the war and Klopp was the UK's Reich overseer would that be worth all the aggro, and I think yes.

There is a scene in Band of Brothers when a German officer is addressing his own troops after they have surrendered. The speech is very humane. I can imagine Klopp being that officer if he'd been born earlier in life, which just goes to show that war is shit. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, M_B said:

There is a scene in Band of Brothers when a German officer is addressing his own troops after they have surrendered. The speech is very humane. I can imagine Klopp being that officer if he'd been born earlier in life, which just goes to show that war is shit. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, M_B said:

Very true his qualities transpond his nationality it's his sheer brilliance at dealing with people and anything that is thrown his way , just a wonderfully human being , if you had a company you would want Jurgen involved at any level he wanted to be 

The RAF are a great team, wow, we perhaps were not at our best in the Battle of Britain, not always did we control our situations in these moments with Radar and, perhaps, the Spitfires and Hurricanes as well as we would have liked - okay maybe not so much with the Hurricanes, but I couldn't ask any more from the boys. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Section_31 said:

The RAF are a great team, wow, we perhaps were not at our best in the Battle of Britain, not always did we control our situations in these moments with Radar and, perhaps, the Spitfires and Hurricanes as well as we would have liked - okay maybe not so much with the Hurricanes, but I couldn't ask any more from the boys. 

He'd have loved the Hurricanes, nowhere near as glamorous and fancy as the Spitfire, but just quietly went about their business.

The Hurricane is the James Milner of fighter aircraft. No fancy dan bullshit, just gets the job done, no muss, no fuss and never lets you down.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

He'd have loved the Hurricanes, nowhere near as glamorous and fancy as the Spitfire, but just quietly went about their business.

The Hurricane is the James Milner of fighter aircraft. No fancy dan bullshit, just gets the job done, no muss, no fuss and never lets you down.

Biggles over here.

Has there been a meeting yet between Klopp and Keegan? If not the hacks have missed a trick. It would actually make for an interesting feature - the LFC legend who went to Germany, and the German who became an LFC legend. Klopp would have been a teenager when Keegan was at Hamburg. Both of them passionate people with a similar style of football who looked to have a strong rapport with the fans, one of them a disciple of Shankly, the other the modern day Shankly. It would be fascinating to see them brought together. LFCTV ought to do it.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Has there been a meeting yet between Klopp and Keegan? If not the hacks have missed a trick. It would actually make for an interesting feature - the LFC legend who went to Germany, and the German who became an LFC legend. Klopp would have been a teenager when Keegan was at Hamburg. Both of them passionate people with a similar style of football who looked to have a strong rapport with the fans, one of them a disciple of Shankly, the other the modern day Shankly. It would be fascinating to see them brought together. LFCTV ought to do it.

I think Keegan lost a bit of the fans adoration when he left us and has become more associated with Newcastle because of his PL exploits as manager.

On 02/06/2022 at 22:30, Section_31 said:

There were some situations which, okay, are not cool.

It’s not easy, [big exhale of breath], to do these things after France and this campaign in Russia, which [sighs] is or can be a bit much but we keep fighting and the press into Moscow was outstanding, but some of these moments you are like … We want to create this… we want to create that, but overall very happy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 02/06/2022 at 20:07, A Red said:

Me and the Mrs now use Jurgen to help us make decisions. We say "what would Jurgen do?"

We were looking at some garden furniture that was cheap but seemed to meet our requirements. We read the reviews and had second thoughts and said "what would Jurgen do?" We both agreed that he wouldn't just settle for the cheap version now and hope it worked out but would spend the time to identify the table and chairs he wanted and wait until they became available at the right price. So that's what we're doing.

On 02/06/2022 at 20:09, Jairzinho said:

He'd improve the table and chairs you have now. 

Hmmm.

thumb_117246_default_news_size_5.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Recent signings suggest that his focus is on making sure his successor has a young squad of the highest quality.  In terms of character, he's so far removed from a twat like Alex Ferguson it's unreal.

I think he's improving the squad for today.

I think Thiago for Gini, Konate for Lovren, Jota as a 4th option, Tsimkas to cover Robbo, Kelleher in as #2, Diaz for Mane and Nunez for Origi are massive improvements, regardless of age or contract.

Salah will be the tricky one, but if Nunez gets the 30 goals a season we lose from Mo, we can go for a number of players there.