You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

2nd verse done and dusted.

One doing the rounds on WhatsApp ;

I’m so glad - that Ulla loves the Scouse, 
I’m so glad that she’s not moving house…

Ulla said to Jurg (yanno),
She doesn’t want to leave (yanno) she said no…

I’m in love with her and I feel fine

I'd like to chuck in a third verse for big bird, seems like the players want it ;

I'm so glad that Joel is a red
Magic with his feet, and magic with his head
Our Joel's a little bit daft you know he buzzes off fun facts you know he said so
I'm in love with him and I feel fine

• Upvote 1

I don't know about you, but I'm getting strong Mbappe vibes about all this. 

Nevermind Salah, this was obviously a strong play to entice some other top footballers to sign for us for four years, we're doing our transfer business now.  Two top footballers with contracts on their mind are Gavi and Mbappe, and I'm getting very excited about the narrative behind this great news.  

23 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Dying with man flu so cannot be arsed looking up details . The 2028 fact ? Or post current extension euphoria causing speculation on your part ?  

Just seen it written in various places. Think Maddock may have said 

I keep a spreadsheet of all the games I've been at, a legacy of a time when I first moved to Liverpool and worked in a job where I had little to do - yeah, it was fun. Anyway, at two points for a win, one for a draw and nothing for a loss, I have a 71.07% win rate from the 121 times I've watched Liverpool. Take out the 13 games I've been at where Klopp was the manager and the win rate drops to 68.52%. It's still darn good, most football fans can only dream of such a record. But then look at the record with Klopp in charge: Played 13 Won 11 Drew 2 Lost 0 Goals For 41 Goals Against 8 Win Rate 92.31%. And even the raw stats don't tell the whole story. Five of those eights goals-against were in the 5-5 draw with Arsenal which, as I wrote at the time, was my son's first ever Liverpool game and illustrative generally of just what a blast it is following Klopp's Liverpool. Heavy metal football, eh? I have been eagerly looking forward to being able to finally acquire a season ticket for the start of the 2023/4 season, an eagerness undermined a little by the thought that it would be Klopp's last season in charge. Now I'll have at least two more years to look forward to, and I can hopefully be seated beside my wife and we can mix-and-match attendance with our son. What a time to be a Red.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

16 minutes ago, deiseach said:

I keep a spreadsheet of all the games I've been at, a legacy of a time when I first moved to Liverpool and worked in a job where I had little to do - yeah, it was fun. Anyway, at two points for a win, one for a draw and nothing for a loss, I have a 71.07% win rate from the 121 times I've watched Liverpool. Take out the 13 games I've been at where Klopp was the manager and the win rate drops to 68.52%. It's still darn good, most football fans can only dream of such a record. But then look at the record with Klopp in charge: Played 13 Won 11 Drew 2 Lost 0 Goals For 41 Goals Against 8 Win Rate 92.31%. And even the raw stats don't tell the whole story. Five of those eights goals-against were in the 5-5 draw with Arsenal which, as I wrote at the time, was my son's first ever Liverpool game and illustrative generally of just what a blast it is following Klopp's Liverpool. Heavy metal football, eh? I have been eagerly looking forward to being able to finally acquire a season ticket for the start of the 2023/4 season, an eagerness undermined a little by the thought that it would be Klopp's last season in charge. Now I'll have at least two more years to look forward to, and I can hopefully be seated beside my wife and we can mix-and-match attendance with our son. What a time to be a Red.

Fuck off, Code.

• Upvote 3