You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

This. 3 years away and my arse I’d already twitching about it ! 

The thought of him not being in charge anymore is not something I'm happy with it was different back in the 80s when Bob and other managers left you were pretty certain that the new guy would just carry on where the old guy had left off , he's going to be a damm hard act to follow. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

The thought of him not being in charge anymore is not something I'm happy with it was different back in the 80s when Bob and other managers left you were pretty certain that the new guy would just carry on where the old guy had left off , he's going to be a damm hard act to follow. 

Agreed, there isn’t anyone else remotely like him 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

A third of the season gone and we're two points off the top, comfortably through to the Champions League knockout stages (where nobody will want to meet us) and in the Quarter Finals of the League Cup.

So far, so good.

Last season was an anomaly strange beyond belief  , injuries didn't help either , once the fans were back in and Klopp got the boys ticking again I thought we'd see a different team he obviously thrives on the fans being back inside  the ground and vice versa , were going to be the team to avoid in the champions league no doubt. 

14 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

A third of the season gone and we're two points off the top, comfortably through to the Champions League knockout stages (where nobody will want to meet us) and in the Quarter Finals of the League Cup.

So far, so good.

It's a shame the afcon could (and probably will) fuck us up the arse. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, an tha said:

Just imagine if he could stay here as long as Wenger at Arsenal or Demento at the mancs....

I still have my fingers crossed that he sees covid as something that has stopped us from reaching our full potential and signs an extension to make up for the lost time. 

50 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I still have my fingers crossed that he sees covid as something that has stopped us from reaching our full potential and signs an extension to make up for the lost time. 

It’s nights like the other night that makes me hope he’ll question that there is anywhere better he can go to finish his career. The absolute perfect fit for this club, hopefully he’ll stay and win the trophies that his team merits.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

It’s nights like the other night that makes me hope he’ll question that there is anywhere better he can go to finish his career. The absolute perfect fit for this club, hopefully he’ll stay and win the trophies that his team merits.

With baldy leaving the blue mancs after next season it would give Klopp a fair crack at the league for a bit while they're in transition. 

4 minutes ago, Aventus said:

With baldy leaving the blue mancs after next season it would give Klopp a fair crack at the league for a bit while they're in transition. 

I know, it would be nice for him to leave the club having won multiple CL/league titles and be up there with best in terms of trophies. This, of course, wouldn’t tell the true story about how he was hamstrung due to obscene spending by certain other clubs but it would certainly redress the balance in terms of his standing as a true managerial great.

Honest and insightful assessment of the Leicester loss as you normally get from Klopp.

He’s very clear we weren’t good enough, gives a bit of credit to the opposition, and is big enough to see the irony in the team playing on the 26th and 28th beating the team that had a rest.

Truely great coach, manager, leader and man. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Honest and insightful assessment of the Leicester loss as you normally get from Klopp.

He’s very clear we weren’t good enough, gives a bit of credit to the opposition, and is big enough to see the irony in the team playing on the 26th and 28th beating the team that had a rest.

Truely great coach, manager, leader and man. 

The irony is more to do with the opinion that we seem to play better when the games come thick and fast. I also think Klopp's outbursts are also veiled frustration at our owners given how he knows what is needed to win the League and CL. While he obviously wants a level playing field he's also smart enough to know that if the playing field is far from level,you have to level it as much as you can through transfers and such.

Jurgen is like anyone who isnt afraid to speak his mind on a subject then see a turn of events undermine his argument.

Shit happens and Im sure he's frustrated more than others about last night's performance and result.

What I will say about Jurgen is, he doesnt appear tohave played the covid card like many of his contemporaries to get games called off, quoting covid cases 'and injuries' as just about every other club has.

So much for the 14 players including U23s rule and it's  fucking funny, except it isnt, it makes my piss boil, that while we had covid cases and injuries last season, it was play on or else.

It's majorly disappointing to lose last night and if I had the choice of winning last night and losing to them in the EFL Cup, Id take the win last night every time.

• 1 month later...