You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

8 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

As a specs wearer myself, I sympathise on the mask front, it’s a right pain in the arse. Nevertheless, I have perceived and learnt how to mix my specs and mask without major steaming up.

As I said in one of Dave’s weekly round ups, Jurgen without his gigs is like Tommy Cooper without his fez, just plain wrong. This shit needs sorting out.

200 (28).gif

9 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

As a specs wearer myself, I sympathise on the mask front, it’s a right pain in the arse. Nevertheless, I have perceived and learnt how to mix my specs and mask without major steaming up.

As I said in one of Dave’s weekly round ups, Jurgen without his gigs is like Tommy Cooper without his fez, just plain wrong. This shit needs sorting out.

Yeah. It’s a fucking pain in the arse and I find myself wearing my lenses more often. 

Jurgen Klopp says he cannot understand the heavy spending in the Premier League and how clubs have “no limits” in the transfer market.

The Liverpool manager has spent £36million this summer on Ibrahima Konaté from Red Bull Leipzig but his outlay has been small compared to Manchester City breaking the British transfer record for Jack Grealish in a £100million deal and Chelsea buying Romelu Lukaku for £97.5million. Manchester United have also spent £73million on Jadon Sancho.

City are also looking to break their own record to land Harry Kane before the summer transfer window closes but Klopp says his budget is based on how much money his club generates.

“If Harry is really going to Man City it would not make them worse, so that is incredible. City last year still won the league but not exactly what they wanted,” he said. “That is the situation.

“There are different things you can do in football. It is no criticism at all. I don't understand it 100%, how it is possible but it seems to be possible for them. That is the situation. For us, it is not possible.

“To say 'I need that or that', I'm not like this. My job is to work with the players I have and I love working with these players. I love each second. We will try to win it with all we have and there are ways in football to do it.”

Klopp has no intention to break the transfer policy of Liverpool, who look for value in the market. In the Champions League this season one of the favourites will be Paris Saint-Germain after they landed Lionel Messi in a deal worth £1million-a-week in wages.

"We cannot compare to other clubs because obviously they have no limits. We have limits. 'But we have been successful even with having limits in the  last few years and should try this again and not use it as an excuse,” Klopp said.

“If we don't win a game it will not be because we didn't sign him or him. We want to use our resources. That is passion, a good way, a desire and clear plan. That is our football. Let's see which is the right way. We can't spend money we don't have - maybe others can."

Liverpool’s focus has been on negotiating new contracts for exiting players, with Virgil van Dijk committing himself to the club until 2025 and Jordan Henderson’s situation set to be resolved as the club captain has two years on his existing terms.

“We will sort it. There is no doubt about that,” said Klopp. 

On his club’s spending power, Klopp added: “We are allowed to spend the money we earn. That's what we always did. We spent before we earned on Konate and that is what we did. I am never surprised by the financial power of City, Chelsea, United.'

“'The summer is always the same; people think that if you don't sign then you don't work. That's not the case. Maybe this summer is not the most exciting, but maybe if you are a real Liverpool fan you are happy with the news the club delivered last few weeks. Alisson Becker, Fabinho, Virgil - others will follow.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/08/13/jurgen-klopp-dont-understand-man-citys-spending-have-no-limits/

• Downvote 1

59 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yeah. It’s a fucking pain in the arse and I find myself wearing my lenses more often. 

Yeah. Especially if you have to do something that involves physical activity, I find it impossible for the glasses not to become foggy. Right fucking pain in the arse is right. 

• Upvote 1

It's official, he's had his eyes 'done.'

A source told them: 'He's had a bit of treatment on his eyes which went really well. It means he doesn't need to wear his glasses all the time. But he still may wear them occasionally in the dugout.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9894507/Jurgen-Klopp-eye-operation-means-Liverpool-boss-no-longer-needs-trademark-glasses.html

20 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

It's official, he's had his eyes 'done.'

A source told them: 'He's had a bit of treatment on his eyes which went really well. It means he doesn't need to wear his glasses all the time. But he still may wear them occasionally in the dugout.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9894507/Jurgen-Klopp-eye-operation-means-Liverpool-boss-no-longer-needs-trademark-glasses.html

No idea if true but was told he had a sponsorship deal with Oakley that came to an end this summer. 

It may well be whataboutery but are we gonna see Tuchel on social media talking about Chelsea fans booing minutes silences, or Solskjaer condemning the “The Sun was right” chant? Let’s have Benitez fronting up the wall pusher gestures when they inevitably happen this season, eh?

I don’t think I sung that song on Saturday (I was half cut) because I barely noticed Gilmour at all, but I remember hearing it mainly coming from a little section down the front. 

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It may well be whataboutery but are we gonna see Tuchel on social media talking about Chelsea fans booing minutes silences, or Solskjaer condemning the “The Sun was right” chant? Let’s have Benitez fronting up the wall pusher gestures when they inevitably happen this season, eh?

I don’t think I sung that song on Saturday (I was half cut) because I barely noticed Gilmour at all, but I remember hearing it mainly coming from a little section down the front. 

The idea there was clearly that Liverpool fans were impacted negatively by the chant.

If those songs impact the mancs or the chavs, their managers may well take a stand.

I also get the feeling this was Klopp's idea.

Not sure if you're suggesting otherwise, but that's my 2 cents.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Funnily enough Ikea used to do it in a mustardy velvet yellow, and I wanted one, but they stopped making them. Life is full of hardships.

They were still advertising the mustard one when I looked earlier this week.

I have my eye on the charcoal one for our ‘remodelled’ living room

26 minutes ago, Champ said:

They were still advertising the mustard one when I looked earlier this week.

I have my eye on the charcoal one for our ‘remodelled’ living room

The mustard one is still on the website, just not available for delivery or collection, annoyingly. No idea if it's ever coming back in stock, but someone was selling a grey one locally so I plumped for that. Really impressed with it considering the price and relatively small footprint.

What kind of thing are you aiming for with the remodelling?

4 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

The mustard one is still on the website, just not available for delivery or collection, annoyingly. No idea if it's ever coming back in stock, but someone was selling a grey one locally so I plumped for that. Really impressed with it considering the price and relatively small footprint.

What kind of thing are you aiming for with the remodelling?

To prevent further derailing I’ll see you on the Fixxy Uppy thread

• Upvote 1

People shouldnt call out Klopp for saying dont sing that song just because successive chelsea and united managers have done the square root of fuck all telling their fans not to sing about Heysell or Hillsbrough.

That's a cunts trick attempting to put the focus on what Klopp shouldnt do, rather than point the finger where it should be.

• Upvote 5