You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I think Jurgen is conservative with a small 'c' with his subs. Personally, I think it's great Ox came on and found the back of the net.

I really thought Milner should of been on around the 70th minute. Instead it was the 87th? Even Tsimikas the 90th?

Yes, we are down to the bare bones (again!). It's true we dont know how 'fit' the subs are but if you cant give the manager 30 minutes playing time, you shouldnt be on the bench in my opinion.

Love Jurgen but I think subs are his one tactical weakness. And it still pisses me off we have Krawietz spending at least 5 minutes showing the incoming sub flip charts of where to go etc when there's less than 10 minutes to play!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Pete said:

He needs a nice break & time to recharge the batteries. Hopefully he can get back to Germany this summer and celebrate his Mum’s life, bond with his family and friends again before getting ready for the new season (hopefully with a few quality transfers and better injury luck).  

love the man dearly. 

This. Needs a good month back home. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

I'm not really comfortable with " celebrating " top 4 but this man deserves every plaudit going to get this squad into 3rd after everything he's had to put up with is remarkable. 

The ten game run is up there with his most remarkable achievements with us. We had a squad of about twelve or thirteen usable, physically drained players for most games. 

Somehow, we became the lightening rod for most criticism and protest in terms of the ESL shite too right in the middle of it, so maybe not a huge surprise that we drew the two games that followed. 

Of course, he had to deal with bereavement in the most awful way throughout too. 

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

The ten game run is up there with his most remarkable achievements with us. We had a squad of about twelve or thirteen usable, physically drained players for most games. 

Somehow, we became the lightening rod for most criticism and protest in terms of the ESL shite too right in the middle of it, so maybe not a huge surprise that we drew the two games that followed. 

Of course, he had to deal with bereavement in the most awful way throughout too. 

Everyone knows why we didn't win those 2 games.

IMG-20210523-WA0010.jpg

• Upvote 3

Remarkable achievement to drag this squad off the floor and finish as we did with Rhys Williams and Nat Phillips.

It was a miracle when Rafa got us through in the CL having to use Neil Mellor and Sinama Pongelle. But that was one game, this is miles beyond that. Three months ago neither of those lads where getting into any match day squad in the league, I include Sheffield Utd in that, as a management team they have developed those 2 into premier league defenders. Phillips has gone from struggling to find some where to send him to possibly ripping up transfer plans for the summer. Williams has probably done enough to earn himself a contract that will set him for life and at the same time shown 60 or 70 kids in the academy that listening diligently to the management team will take you places.

I'm delighted for this bunch, they don't deserve Thursdays in Baku, the gods done everything in their power to throw obstacles in our way but we stayed calm and got the job done.

The mentality monsters had their attitudes questioned by plenty but they answered in the way they always do, like red warriors. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Loved to see him belting out YNWA with the fans when at the Kop end yesterday. He didn't look the slightest bit tired, conversely he looked reinvigorated and ready to fucking go again.

It should be a really positive bridge into next season. Still not sure how we managed title-winning form for ten games in the way that we did.*

*Well, I know how we managed it and his middle name is Norbert, but you know what I mean. It's baffling and unbelievable in a fantastic way.  

14 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

It should be a really positive bridge into next season. Still not sure how we managed title-winning form for ten games in the way that we did.*

*Well, I know how we managed it and his middle name is Norbert, but you know what I mean. It's baffling and unbelievable in a fantastic way.  

Nathan Norbert Phillips? That’s a coincidence isn’t it?!

• Upvote 6

19 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

I'm not really comfortable with " celebrating " top 4 but this man deserves every plaudit going to get this squad into 3rd after everything he's had to put up with is remarkable. 

This felt different to other times we've just about made it into the top 4.

In the past it's been about getting in to hopefully see a few good European nights but not really being in with a chance, and the money, to try and improve the team a bit, so we can gradually get there. 

This time it was like the first qualifying round to getting in, and us actually having reasonable hopes of winning the thing.

Its us having so many great players, and feeling like we're wasting a year of their prime in the Europa. And having big future plans being put on hold. 

I didn't want one bad season to hangover into the next, it would have been devastating next season knowing we aren't where we should be. 

• Upvote 1

On 20/05/2021 at 06:22, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, that was my first response. He ha always been slower than I would be to make changes. Considering we’ve only won the league and champions league in the last two seasons, I’ll take a seat and shit the fuck up about it. 

I do agree that Klopp's subs are not usually his strong point but I thought he used them well in our last few games and quite noticeably when we had a wider variety of choices from the bench.

8 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

Where are the people who were saying that managers rarely turn it around when they hit the shit like we did? I’d like to go to their homes and personally address them all like at the end of Jay and Silent Bob.

The fatal flaw with that anal-ysis was always that managers rarely start winning the biggest trophies in football four years into their time at a club. It’s a rather short list that includes the likes of Ferguson and Dalglish at Blackburn, and the latter in particular has the luxury of being able to outspend everyone else in the division.

Klopp has made his share of mistakes, but we’ve got a special manager - even without the recovery of the last 10 games you’d have to be a complete idiot not to think he’s more likely than any other manager to have this squad playing at a level much closer to its best next season, another injury crisis notwithstanding.

He made mistakes this season.

Going with 3 centre halves, and putting his faith in Matip staying fit.

Jota in the dead rubber.

Ignoring Phillips for half a season.

Fabinho and Hendo in defence, as a consequence.

Restricting Jones' attacking instinct.

Keita versus Madrid.

Picking fights with the media and other managers.

BUT

He took full responsibility,  got his head down, and worked his magic in the end.

God bless Jurgen Klopp.

• Upvote 2

On 23/05/2021 at 15:47, Tj hooker said:

Getting Champions League football is always an achievement. And it's suitable to celebrate achievements. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't find the original source (so I don't know how legit it is) but I've seen a couple of people quoting Klopp answering the question "what was the worst moment of the season?" with "I don't want to pick just one; it wouldn't be fair on the other shit moments."

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I can't find the original source (so I don't know how legit it is) but I've seen a couple of people quoting Klopp answering the question "what was the worst moment of the season?" with "I don't want to pick just one; it wouldn't be fair on the other shit moments."

God, just marry me Jurgen.