You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On 20/04/2021 at 11:56, El Rojo said:

Jurgen was hugely impressive last night in a situation where he was utterly shafted by his employers and left exposed as a lightening rod for everything that had happened in the previous 24 hours. 

Would have been so much easier for him to say that he was only concentrating on the Leeds game, as I've no doubt that some of the other 'Big Six' managers would have done in the same position. 

Loved his completely unnoticed dig at Leeds at the end of his first interview when he said that “ maybe they should remind themselves” clear kick in the balls at the Ridsdale era.  Nobody picked up on it obviously. The more this goes on the more I’m disappointed it didn’t happen.

On 20/04/2021 at 11:46, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Gary Neville should not be allowed near Anfield, I thought this before this.

Steaming pile of Manc shithousery.

Yes, he’s been a fucking disgrace. Piling into us and then gently pulling his own shower of shite into it to try and show “balance” Never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who have time for this horrible cunt.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Yes, he’s been a fucking disgrace. Piling into us and then gently pulling his own shower of shite into it to try and show “balance” Never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who have time for this horrible cunt.

Always been a rat and always hated us. Fucking mutual.

• Upvote 1

At least he’s talking about being here next season, even if he acknowledges we’ve probably made things even harder for ourselves. I guarantee it will be us and the Mancs that feel the brunt of the bad feeling.

‘I don’t worry about it — I know it will be like this,’ he said. ‘It is not about fair play. I am pretty sure the supporters of Leeds who were at the stadium and running after us knew that we (the squad) were not involved but they didn’t care.

‘Yes, it will be even worse when people are back in stadiums. I don’t know what we will do with that next season. If you show me the away game when people were not already on their toes when we show up, I’d be really thankful.’

‘Newcastle (two) years ago and we played there with a crowd and I had no idea why people were like this. They didn’t play for anything, we needed three points to become champions and the whole stadium was against us.’

‘I don’t know a lot of clubs who like Liverpool when we play there. They didn’t need extra fuel for their feelings. The Leeds supporters wanted to show us, as a team, they were shouting at us that we were greedy. What are you talking about?’

‘But that is exactly the situation we all create. They need to find somebody they can put their attention on and in this case it was us. It was not deserved but, as I said before, Liverpool are much more than this.’

• Upvote 1

Not happy with the team:

"We had to keep the ball. In a specific way we don’t fight enough. Keep ourselves in a position where we dominate the game. We had 70% of the ball, we should have 80%. We created a lot of chances, didn’t score with them, so we have to create more. That is how it is. We don’t do that well at the moment. It feels like a defeat. If you deserve, you deserve it. I didn’t see us deserve it today, playing Champions League next year.”

12 hours ago, PrivateParts said:

He did have a "sick of this shit" air about him at the press conference. 

A couple of wins and some fans back for the last two home games would do him the world of good. 

I'm just hoping he gets a decent break and the end of the season and comes back with some fire.

It's been a long year for everyone, and I'm sure he's feeling it more than most. 

I'm struggling to see where he finds the optimism to continue.  This is back to square 1. 

Without fans, the PL is going to die very, very quickly. What we're watching is the worst incarnation of football perhaps ever.  And there's no guarantees about fans returning, the whole thing is in a knife edge.   

I'm a bit distraught really, Sky and BT are pretending this is all fine but soon nobody is paying for this shit. 

• Upvote 2

lineker can get to fuck with his Jurgen's 'tone deaf' comment in response to Jurgen saying the broadcasters and everyone needs to calm down!

Why the fuck do these nobs always pursue their agenda and not listen? Jurgen's said he's not on board with the super league so stop making out he isnt.

This whole shitfest has meant any half arsed knob, like Lineker, who have any grudge against the six teams, but seemingly us in particular, has a free pass to take the piss or say pretty much anything they want that’s derogatory.

In all the games I watched over the last weekend there was at least one snide comment relating to the ESL and aimed at those who were involved.

Over the last three seasons in particular,  most of the time, we’ve given them no place to go with criticism and they’ve had to clench their teeth and give praise when, I suspect, that’s the last thing they’ve wanted to do.

So from now on and for the foreseeable future, we’ll be the enemy of the people, and we’d best get used to it.

15 hours ago, coachpotato said:

This whole shitfest has meant any half arsed knob, like Lineker, who have any grudge against the six teams, but seemingly us in particular, has a free pass to take the piss or say pretty much anything they want that’s derogatory.

In all the games I watched over the last weekend there was at least one snide comment relating to the ESL and aimed at those who were involved.

Over the last three seasons in particular,  most of the time, we’ve given them no place to go with criticism and they’ve had to clench their teeth and give praise when, I suspect, that’s the last thing they’ve wanted to do.

So from now on and for the foreseeable future, we’ll be the enemy of the people, and we’d best get used to it.

Good. Seeing what the people in this country support I'm happy to not be allies to any of them.

19 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

lineker can get to fuck with his Jurgen's 'tone deaf' comment in response to Jurgen saying the broadcasters and everyone needs to calm down!

Why the fuck do these nobs always pursue their agenda and not listen? Jurgen's said he's not on board with the super league so stop making out he isnt.

If I was a manager in his position, I’d fulfil the press duties but only give one word answers. Yes, no, maybe. Make copy out of that.

• 4 weeks later...

Obviously I love him and I think the he’s the best person ever, but what’s with his substitutions? We needed to make it about 10 minutes before Ox came on. Both Gini and Fabinho were struggling, we didn’t have a like for like for Fab fair enough, but we had Milner, Jones and Ox on the bench. I swear sometimes he’s testing the players out there just to see if they could hold on a bit longer.

7 hours ago, aRdja said:

Obviously I love him and I think the he’s the best person ever, but what’s with his substitutions? We needed to make it about 10 minutes before Ox came on. Both Gini and Fabinho were struggling, we didn’t have a like for like for Fab fair enough, but we had Milner, Jones and Ox on the bench. I swear sometimes he’s testing the players out there just to see if they could hold on a bit longer.

Really? After he puts a sub on who wraps the game up to make it 3-0? Horseshit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Really? After he puts a sub on who wraps the game up to make it 3-0? Horseshit.

Yeah, that was my first response. He ha always been slower than I would be to make changes. Considering we’ve only won the league and champions league in the last two seasons, I’ll take a seat and shit the fuck up about it. 

He needs a nice break & time to recharge the batteries. Hopefully he can get back to Germany this summer and celebrate his Mum’s life, bond with his family and friends again before getting ready for the new season (hopefully with a few quality transfers and better injury luck).  

love the man dearly. 

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, aRdja said:

I thought we were coping well. With the exception of the off the line header, did they have a proper chance in the second half? Just kept lumping it in and we cleared it. Rinse and repeat. I certainly wasn't screaming for a sub. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, that was my first response. He ha always been slower than I would be to make changes. Considering we’ve only won the league and champions league in the last two seasons, I’ll take a seat and shit the fuck up about it. 

I do prefer to cunt the bastard. I dont think Shit the fuck goes far enough.