You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What did Klopp say about yesterday. Were in relegation form expecting things to just fix themselves or maybe if we practice what we are doing harder it will all be fine. We haven't the players or energy levels to play the system its reflected in teams playing very basic football with far inferior players making us look like mugs. I said a while ago no matter what I'm 100 percent behind klopp and I am but I also said it doesn't mean I won't be incredibly frustrated and pissed off if we are still persisting with a failing set up and we still after all the lessons we've been given are banging our heads against a brick wall. 

I'm just venting this shit out my system being locked down with a manc.

17 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

What did Klopp say about yesterday. Were in relegation form expecting things to just fix themselves or maybe if we practice what we are doing harder it will all be fine. We haven't the players or energy levels to play the system its reflected in teams playing very basic football with far inferior players making us look like mugs. I said a while ago no matter what I'm 100 percent behind klopp and I am but I also said it doesn't mean I won't be incredibly frustrated and pissed off if we are still persisting with a failing set up and we still after all the lessons we've been given are banging our heads against a brick wall. 

I'm just venting this shit out my system being locked down with a manc.

In a nutshell, this is the biggest issue. 6 games without a win at home and with the exception of City each team we’ve played have employed similar low block tactics and have kept us out easily. 

We’re all watching exactly the same thing every week yet we turn up the week after and still do the same things that have been failing. 

• Upvote 1

Personally, I think it's a bit of a simplification to say change the system. The game is just about putting the ball in the oppos net and keeping it out of yours. If neither your forwards and midfielders arent scoring, the best you're going to get is a draw.

If your defence and keeper are leaking goals as well, you're up shit creek.

While some say our form has been poor since winning the title, it's really gone tits up since Mo gave his Real Madrid & Barcelona radio interview and the longer Wijnaldum contract situation remains unresolved. Speaking of which, he should choose his words more carefully. I dont like hearing the word 'victim' linked with Liverpool and certain not from a Liverpool player.

Sadio seems to have got the hump. His form is every bit as bad as Bobby's. The only saving grace is he has a couple of goals this season.

Im a little concerned at the similarities between now and Jurgen's last season at Dortmund, particular the first half of that season. Dortmund went into free fall and ended up in the relegation places at the start of the Bundesliga winter break.

I dont for one moment think or suggest we'll end up like that. The players seem to have developed a mental block about winning at Anfield. Everyone, including me, seems to have ideas Jurgen needs to implement to stop the rot. But only he, his coaching staff and players can fix it.

The simplest idea is just stop conceeding goals. But to do that, we'd really have to go all defensive at the expense of the attack. That would likely mean more draws which isnt what we need right now.

However it ends up, Jurgen needs a good clear out of his squad come the summer.

We don't have to go all defensive just play 10/15 yards deeper. The expense of attack? Our attack is dogshit look at some of the teams we've barely registered a shot against. We toil for an opening yet shite teams do us in one or two passes due to the space we give them. We haven't the players or energy levels and by the looks of it the mentality to even try to play the way we'd like to. Common sense would say we need to change our play this season. Just being practical would say where are our strengths right now and how can we protect our weaknesses. 

The idea teams will sit in their box and just wait for us is nonsense they will fill the spaces left by us playing deeper. Weve players who can pass and players with the ability to run onto and with the ball yet we are condensing the final third so much with bodies we just huff and puff look clueless until we lose the ball and then its panic stations. Play deeper use more of the pitch, find a solution for Bobby because we are zero threat through the middle, try ox in his role at least he will run into space and shoot. Try anything I'm sick of watching the same repeat performance. If it at least looked like we were trying to fix issues it would be less frustrating. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Hope he uses the rest of the season to try some new ideas 

It would seem like a good opportunity to do so. If Fabinho is fit, maybe give it a game or two with him back in midfield and Phillips and Davies or Kabak alongside him first. 

I get the impression that Klopp prefers to save big changes for the summer, but this is a good opportunity to get a head-start and, you never know, perhaps find a bit of form in the process. It’s going so badly at the moment that it wouldn’t even be a gamble.

6 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

It would seem like a good opportunity to do so. If Fabinho is fit, maybe give it a game or two with him back in midfield and Phillips and Davies or Kabak alongside him first. 

I get the impression that Klopp prefers to save big changes for the summer, but this is a good opportunity to get a head-start and, you never know, perhaps find a bit of form in the process. It’s going so badly at the moment that it wouldn’t even be a gamble.

I agree - Fabinho in front of the defence should mean less work for the defence.

1 minute ago, Enrique Ponce said:

We haven’t been the same since that Winter break this time last year.

Before, completely unstoppable. Afterwards, losing to teams from Atletico Madrid to Watford. Should have broke all records but ended up limping to the title really. WTF went on?

Limping to the title?

I guess it turns out that the tactical tweak we heard about at the start of the season doesn’t really work. I’d still see every player in the team bar maybe Virgil leave before Klopp. I think we’re getting the anti Mourinho Mourinho effect. In so much as Mourinho mentally drains players of any joy or motivation with his wanky negativity and weirdo mind games over a period of three years whilst Klopp is on the opposite end of the scale but has such a positive style and manner that it can be just as exhausting. I think for long term success we’d need a steady stream of new players to put through the mill.

20 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

I guess it turns out that the tactical tweak we heard about at the start of the season doesn’t really work. I’d still see every player in the team bar maybe Virgil leave before Klopp. I think we’re getting the anti Mourinho Mourinho effect. In so much as Mourinho mentally drains players of any joy or motivation with his wanky negativity and weirdo mind games over a period of three years whilst Klopp is on the opposite end of the scale but has such a positive style and manner that it can be just as exhausting. I think for long term success we’d need a steady stream of new players to put through the mill.

Definitely some kind of element to this, although I put the blame more at the feet of FSG. 

We dropped off the cliff at the start of Jan, when it became apparent we weren't signing anyone. Got even worse when they signed two freebie rejects. 

Players surely just have just thought what is the point in running through brick walls for this.