You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I can't believe its even up for discussion. We've got far too many two-bob mings from miles away who have never and will never go to Anfield with far too much to say for themselves when the reality is they know fuck all about what it means to be a fan of this football club. We could be bottom right now and I'd still want Klopp to stay. 

A good post in full.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I can't believe its even up for discussion. We've got far too many two-bob mings from miles away who have never and will never go to Anfield with far too much to say for themselves when the reality is they know fuck all about what it means to be a fan of this football club. We could be bottom right now and I'd still want Klopp to stay. 

This. The manager is not the issue here, and he deserves our full and unquestioning support, especially as hes going through a difficult time right now.

• Upvote 3

@gkmacca, Sorry for your loss mate. As hard as the situation is for your and your family to get their heads around, try and hang in there.

As for Jurgen, sadly he is not the only one in the difficult emotional situation he finds himself in. There are so many people dealing with the same unfortunate and heartbreaking situation, and I've a feeling he sees it that way too. I also think he's trying to focus on his job as a means with which to cope, and all the funeral stuff has already been dealt with. People are still having to socially distance and only travel where absolutely necessary so even if he did take some time out to go to Germany, there's not an awful lot he'd be able to do while out there. That said, I'd back him however he feels it is best to handle things.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gkmacca said:

My own wonderful mum passed away three days after Jurgen's. I'd happily walk in front of a train right now. I'm done. I have no idea how he's functioned this past month but there's no way he should be left to manage as normal. The club needs to give him exceptional support, someone else needs to do the media duties, and the players need to show their support really publicly - not because it will help him, it won't, but because they owe him. 

It takes some time, but it does get a little easier, and I’ve learned to allow myself all the time I need to come to terms with it. I don’t wallow in it, but self permission to express the loss, is paramount. I feel for you - be tenacious of spirit.

That little photo up there under my user name is Five Lamps Waterloo. That picture keeps me close to my Mum and Dad. It’s one way I deal with things. Just opposite there is Bramhall Road, where they set up their first flat together, newly married, their world in front of them. 1954. My Dad stood on the Kop in between voyages as a merchant seaman.

I drive a 1990 Toyota Corona Sedan. Red. It’s 30 yrs old. It was my Dad’s car, from new. I drive it because I can put my hands on the wheel just like he did for 24 yrs. It brings me closer to him.

These are the things that keep me going.

We need to support Jurgen now more than ever before, as well as the team, even while we feel our own pain. 

YNWA

• Upvote 12

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

...We've got far too many two-bob mings from miles away who have never and will never go to Anfield with far too much to say for themselves when the reality is they know fuck all about what it means to be a fan of this football club. ...

Nonsense. It's got fuck all to do with where you are from. Dickheads can be from anywhere.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

He’s odds on now at the bookies to go this week. These people often know more than the average punter becuase they pay insiders at clubs for information. It may just be punters chasing a rumour and pushing down the odds but I think it’s a very worrying sign. I’ll be absolutely gutted if he goes but I can see FSG trying to appease us with Gerard. The club need to give him the rest of the season off. 

A couple of 100 quid votes is enough to sway odds in markets like this. Bookies aren't stupid, they realise markets like this someone might have inside info, so as soon as a few quid goes on out of their expectation, they quickly narrow the odds. The fact they haven't stopped taking bets would make me think there's not even that much money on it. 

• Upvote 2

If the crowds were allowed he'd feel the love...and some. 

I didn't really wanna post my personal stuff on here, but I lost my dad over Christmas. The greatest man I have ever known (This thread has some info about him). I don't profess to know what Jurgen is going through - but I know it must be hard. 

God bless him and give him strength, whatever he decides.

• Upvote 23

We've had a bad six weeks during an injury ravaged season where much of the first team have been out injured at the same time whilst not having any recognised CB's for most of this season. In a season where due to COVID we're playing twice a week routinely pushing a smallish 1st team squad which has been running flat out for approaching three years or so. Not really that surprising we've had a dip. A dip that means we're only in contention for a top 4 finish. All the while whilst being reigning champions after winning the CL the season before last.

People are really calling for Klopp to go or that he should walk?

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I didn't really wanna post my personal stuff on here, but I lost my dad over Christmas. The greatest man I have ever known (This thread has some info about him). I don't profess to know what Jurgen is going through - but I know it must be hard. 

Fucking Hell mate. Condolences go you and yours. 

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

Nonsense. It's got fuck all to do with where you are from. Dickheads can be from anywhere.

It’s not nonsense. I’m talking about the blerts on Twitter for the states and the Middle East coming out with all sorts of bollocks. So no, I’m not talking nonsense. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Really sorry to hear that mate x 

49 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

No one besides faceless Twitter losers and hot take merchants on call-in shows are calling for Klopp to go. Those people don't count. These things are all imaginary and don't really deserve a response.

I'm sure Klopp has said a few times that he doesn't have any social media accounts.  Whatever noise is happening there won't bother him.

• Upvote 1

I love him dearly. It must be soul destroying at the moment for him.  LFC then only club not to play in front of full houses as champions.  Add to this his personal issues.  I hope he’s ok. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

He might not know what’s good for him at the moment mate, it affects people differently. My missus had an awful year and to cap it she lost her mum just before Christmas. I thought it would destroy her but up to now she has handled it well.

That may change.

Obviously we don't know what's going on in Jurgen's head, but this can be very accurate. Even though I've had issues with depression for years the last couple have been the worst I've ever had it be a long stretch. 

It actually took a combination of someone who I work and study with who as a result was seeing me for 10 to 12 hours per day and actually seeing the occasional 30 minutes of "normal" me where I was productive and could see the future vs the remaining time where everything was hopeless etc. and my other half who has a Masters in Psychology seeing me basically wiped out by doing a tiny amount of work both prodding me with "this ain't normal you need help" kind of shit a year into that process before I actually started with it. You can be pretty deep into it and either not fully realise it or maybe be too stubborn to acknowledge it.

All we see is the public him, but with the way he is I am always mindful of the Shanks, I never cheated anyone and I put everything I had into it kind of quotes. I always feel a bit like that's how Klopp is and that if he is suffering that a lot of his primary concern is his "boys" and not wanting to let them and us down by taking a break.

If he needs it he should have it in my opinion. He's the best thing to happen to the club in the time since Kenny left the first time around and if he needs the support and/or a break everything we possibly can do for him should be done.  

• Upvote 6

On 13/02/2021 at 20:45, Jairzinho said:

I hope the club has offered, or offers, him the rest of the season off if he wants it. 

Yes that's what should happen if he's feeling depressed through grief. Give the poor man a break and let him go back to Germany and be with with his family. He can come back in at the start of next season all guns blazing. The last thing the club needs is to lose Klopp permanently. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Some overseas fans are more loyal than the old blokes who sit in the main stand, complain the whole game and leave with 10 minutes to go whatever the score. 
I had a client from Kuala Lumpur, massive fan. Told me that when he was a kid, they didn’t have a telly so every Saturday him and his brother would get up and sneak out of the house to go to the next village on his brothers moped at about 3 in the morning to watch us on MOTD at a friends house. Did this every week throughout his childhood often in the pouring rain in monsoon season. He’s never been to Anfield. 

Wool beaviour

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

This. I get fed up of reading absolute shite on social media from so-called Liverpool fans from god knows where in the world demanding Klopp resign. Fuck these internet fans that haven't been within 500 miles of Anfield.

• Downvote 1

This is the shitty social media driven world we live in now.

Before there would be the odd person who would spout bullshit at a game and more often than not would be shouted down by those around them. Now though you have "fans" on all types of social media who like Stig says have no idea what is means to support us, and some who probably even support our rivals.

Add to this the media then jumps on these posts and the narrative is Liverpool fans disgruntled with Klopp, which couldn't be further from the truth.

• Upvote 1

Tips for ignoring twitter mings:

Block anyone with a Liverpool player name in their twitter bio. 

Block anyone who is in the #lfcfamily or has ever begged for followers because they support LFC

Anyone who had a podcast related to LFC

Anyone who plays devil's advocate over Tory reds fans 

OOTers aren't the problem.  Knobheads are. 

• Upvote 4