You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Really feel for Jurgen losing your Mum is  unbelievably tough and not being able to be close by must be torture , football comes 2nd when it's a close family relative I'd be fully behind him 100% if he had made the trip to Germany to attend the funeral and had to self isolate on his return as I'd like to think the club would be as well .

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Tj hooker said:

Really feel for Jurgen losing your Mum is  unbelievably tough and not being able to be close by must be torture , football comes 2nd when it's a close family relative I'd be fully behind him 100% if he had made the trip to Germany to attend the funeral and had to self isolate on his return as I'd like to think the club would be as well .

And you be can certain we would have made any of the players go if it was them. He would have driven them there himself if needed and self isolated for as long as was required. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

This 110%. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

I agree. He should be on compassionate leave, not running the club remotely, but on leave.

• Upvote 3

Feel so sorry for Jurgen. May his mam rest in peace.

Really wish he had gone to the funeral or even just be in Germany with his family. He owes us nothing. If he needed a few weeks that's fine.

All those knobheads with their shit banter and those journalists with their bullshit can take a good hard look at themselves.

Great teams don't decline like this in a few weeks, even taking into account all our injuries. I think this explains a lot. Managers and players aren't super human. They have the same concerns as any of us and dealing with a bereavement is the hardest thing in the world to do. I can't imagine dealing with that and managing one of the biggest clubs in the world, dealing with the expectations of us fans and then navagating Des Kelly and Geoff Shreeves with their bullshit.

It looks like he sacrificed going to the funeral and isolating for the sake of the team & club. I love him to bits. Not only a top top manager, but an amazing human being. Yes, he could have gone, but no he chose not too. That takes huge courage as a decision. I lost my Mum 18 months ago, and, I’m still falling apart. I didn’t have time to grieve during the whole post passing period of arranging travel for family, meeting with funeral people etc. I was completely running on auto pilot. 

Really feeling for him right now. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Daisy said:

Absolutely no one would have had an issue with him going to the funeral with FSG having given up on the season

Give it up son!

3 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Yep - footy this season is absolute shite. I guess people need to pay bills and money has to be made so it's going ahead, but I'd have been happy to cancel the season from the start. 

Did you feel the same last season? 

24 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Give it up son!

Did you feel the same last season? 

Well we were three quarters into the season then and about a million points ahead - it would have been quite unfair to cancel the league so near the end and with us so far ahead. 

I'm not sure what else could have been done this season, and I can see why it's gone ahead, but I don't like it and I've given up watching. Haven't watched us since Crystal Palace I don't think, not a full live game anyway. 

6 hours ago, ManéMan said:

Really sad news and an even more heartbreaking situation.

I thought it is the current travel restrictions that has prevented him from travelling?

Yeah I thought the same. Is their strict restrictions for travelling into Germany not the reason why the game with Leipzig was moved to Budapest?

I don't think Klopp could have gone even if he wanted. These are his words below.

“The fact that I can’t be at the funeral is due to the terrible times.

“As soon as the circumstances allow, we will hold a wonderful commemoration that is appropriate to it.”

• Upvote 2

On 10/02/2021 at 23:02, johnsusername said:

Well we were three quarters into the season then and about a million points ahead - it would have been quite unfair to cancel the league so near the end and with us so far ahead. 

I'm not sure what else could have been done this season, and I can see why it's gone ahead, but I don't like it and I've given up watching. Haven't watched us since Crystal Palace I don't think, not a full live game anyway. 

I haven’t watched a full game since 2014. Gave up watching MOTD around the same time, too. Caramac’s goals and highlights gifs are pretty much all I’ve seen since. I still watch old football but don’t miss the current stuff at all.

7 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I haven’t watched a full game since 2014. Gave up watching MOTD around the same time, too. Caramac’s goals and highlights gifs are pretty much all I’ve seen since. I still watch old football but don’t miss the current stuff at all.

You’re missing a real treat. The whole VAR candid camera initiative has brought a much-needed sense of fun and comedy to the whole spectacle. 

• Upvote 1

Would like to see FSG take a firm hand and send him and his Mrs on a fortnights compassionate leave on the USS John Henry yacht round Dubai. Take his phone off him so he can get the fuck away from football and recharge. 

The mental stress the mans been under getting us back to the top then having to go through all what he’s been through these past few months must be incredible. 

Managing this club is all consuming and it shouldn’t come before his mental health.  

He can keep his eye on virgil while he’s out there anyway so at least he’s keeping his eye in. 

• Upvote 8

I don't want him to leave and the vast vast vast majority don't want want him to leave but how long does he give himself? I'd be sorely tempted to piss off out of it if I was in his position but luckily for all of us, I'm not in charge.

This is such a unique situation and I'm not saying he's going to but when do we get start to get worried that he will just say fuck it, I'm off. 

17 minutes ago, niallers said:

I don't want him to leave and the vast vast vast majority don't want want him to leave but how long does he give himself? I'd be sorely tempted to piss off out of it if I was in his position but luckily for all of us, I'm not in charge.

This is such a unique situation and I'm not saying he's going to but when do we get start to get worried that he will just say fuck it, I'm off. 

If he gets no backing in summer that might be point he thinks fuck this shite.

The way they failed to back him in the centre half crisis must really fucking grate as well....getting £7.99 worth of defenders on deadline day and only after Matip was finally put down for season.

I wouldn't be surprised if Minamino went out against his will too, to balance the window "spend"