You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Obviously his decision but I hope, if he wanted to go, the Club would have been supportive.

Liverpool FC can cope without him for any quarantine period. He needs his Liverpool family more than we need him right now. It’s been a while, if ever, that we’ve been able to say that. 

As many will know, grief is a bugger. Sometimes it can hit a good while after the bereavement happens, particularly where, for whatever reason, it wasn’t processed properly at the time.

I hope he’s given, and takes, the time to grieve properly, whenever/however that may be.

Thoughts with all the Klopp family. 

Rest in Peace Klopp's Ma.

Seriously Jurgen. Just take some time to be with your family.  If you have to be part of the matchday team do  it by Zoom or Facetime.  

Fucking Virus. Affects so many things we've all taken for granted. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Imagine having all that going on, the sadness, grieving, being away from family etc and then having to deal with Geoff Fucking Shreeves live on TV.

I'm surprised he hasn't punched that cunts lights out.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Not allowing someone to be with a dying parent or to attend their funeral is an unimaginable cruelty. The cost of everything is put under the microscope these days, with no appreciation of the benefits. I feel so sorry for Jurgen.

Absolutely no fan would have minded if Jurgen had gone to be with his ma and pay his last respects and then have to self isolate when coming back from Germany, absolutely no one.

I think Jurgen should have gone. He's put Liverpool FC ahead of himself. I think someone at the club should have made him go.

• Upvote 1

That shows to me the class and resolve of the man.Remember Salah going to Egypt to his brothers funeral and catching the covid?Of course he would want to be with his mum on her last day,I held my mums hand in whiston Hospital as she died of a heart attack and it was the worst day of my life so far. Feel incredibly sorry for him RIP Mrs Klopp,you raised a wonderful son .

• Upvote 5

30 minutes ago, halewood pete said:

That shows to me the class and resolve of the man.Remember Salah going to Egypt to his brothers funeral and catching the covid?Of course he would want to be with his mum on her last day,I held my mums hand in whiston Hospital as she died of a heart attack and it was the worst day of my life so far. Feel incredibly sorry for him RIP Mrs Klopp,you raised a wonderful son .

It was his brother's wedding, but that's an easy mistake to make.

I don't know what the German authorities' rules are or were regarding German citizens re-entering the country after arriving from the UK, especially as they've been toughening up their measures due to the new variant. If they required people to self-isolate for a period of time, that might prevent people from attending things like funerals.

37 minutes ago, Trumo said:

I don't know what the German authorities' rules are or were regarding German citizens re-entering the country after arriving from the UK, especially as they've been toughening up their measures due to the new variant. If they required people to self-isolate for a period of time, that might prevent people from attending things like funerals.

Apologies, meant to write wedding,but had funeral on my mind

I've thought for awhile there is a human element to our slump. As a squad we look sad. Life has been shit for them, an endless slog of games of football and covid test's that feel no different to the jobs we all do. All the good bits have been stripped away and we're left with only the shitty 90 minutes in front of no one. Klopp is a hugger and he can't hug, that's like cutting off his arms. He wins one of the biggest trophy of his career and he can't celebrate it with his family back home. His mam gets sick and he can't visit and then the cruelest part of all is he can't attend the funeral. Its just desperately sad for all concerned. Rest in peace Mama Klopp.

• Upvote 7

52 minutes ago, Trumo said:

I believe it's the other way around. Germany has prohibited entry from the UK but exceptions can be made for bereavements. However Jurgen would have to self isolate on return to the UK for 10 days.

Id have been more than happy for him to return to Germany and if he had toself isolate when he got back herem even if for 14 days, that would be fine by me.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, No2 said:

I've thought for awhile there is a human element to our slump. As a squad we look sad. Life has been shit for them, an endless slog of games of football and covid test's that feel no different to the jobs we all do. All the good bits have been stripped away and we're left with only the shitty 90 minutes in front of no one. Klopp is a hugger and he can't hug, that's like cutting off his arms. He wins one of the biggest trophy of his career and he can't celebrate it with his family back home. His mam gets sick and he can't visit and then the cruelest part of all is he can't attend the funeral. Its just desperately sad for all concerned. Rest in peace Mama Klopp.

Yep - footy this season is absolute shite. I guess people need to pay bills and money has to be made so it's going ahead, but I'd have been happy to cancel the season from the start. 

Even watching the rugby at the weekend with no fans - it was utter garbage. Can ANYONE honestly say they're enjoying sport with no fans? It's like that computer horse racing you see in the bookies - take away the human element and it's just like a simulation.

I obviously don't know the ins and outs but I wish Klopp had gone to Germany, even it was a month, or two! However long he needed.

• Upvote 4