You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

I’m sure the pandemic is pissing him off. He finally wins us the league after we’d gone without it for 30 years, the culmination of an amazing 5 years work by himself, and he and the players don’t even get to celebrate it properly. The fact that this season has become such a grind due to both injuries and the busy schedule. I’m sure the clubs plans have also been hugely impacted by the pandemic as well with the massive losses in revenues and uncertainty about the years ahead. He’s maybe wondering if he can keep us competitive. But without doubt I’m sure he’s finding football without fans more of a grind. He waited for us to come in for him because he knew making us great again would be the ultimate, and it’s nowhere near as much fun without the fans in the ground. 

He definitely misses the fans on the ground and appears to feel a little unloved at the moment. 

9 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

would the germans be like the english, where the funeral takes place a good bit after the death?

you'd imagine we'd have had a statement from the club. 

I expect so but there’s still the issue of the travel in these Covid times.

I’m sure if he’s not at the game today they’ll be some sort of club announcement.

17 minutes ago, suzy said:

I expect so but there’s still the issue of the travel in these Covid times.

I’m sure if he’s not at the game today they’ll be some sort of club announcement.

Well I hope for him and his mother's sake it's not true. 

And if true, goes to show there's more important things than football that's for sure

• Upvote 2

I've not heard this, there's been things said in the papers and on here about his future and his reactions lately, if so it's completely understandable referring to the latter. 

It must be an awful situation if unable to travel to be with family in such circumstances. 

And yes there's more important things to address than football right now. 

Terrible news about his mum if true, just appalling and if true I hope it wasn't COVID and I hope she didn't suffer.

Aside from that awful news, looking at things dispassionately, is he done? Thinking back his last season at Dortmund was awful, and he took Mainz down in his last season there!

Is it possible he has a tipping point? I mean apart from winning the two domestic cups and the Europa (to complete the set if nothing else) what else can he do here? Especially with the lack of squad investment (admittedly they've coughed up for the first eleven) maybe he's just had enough?

If it is true about his mam, he may just be thinking why bother?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

Terrible news about his mum if true, just appalling and if true I hope it wasn't COVID and I hope she didn't suffer.

Aside from that awful news, looking at things dispassionately, is he done? Thinking back his last season at Dortmund was awful, and he took Mainz down in his last season there!

Is it possible he has a tipping point? I mean apart from winning the two domestic cups and the Europa (to complete the set if nothing else) what else can he do here? Especially with the lack of squad investment (admittedly they've coughed up for the first eleven) maybe he's just had enough?

He signed a contract till 2024 knowing full well he would have to rebuild the team by then. He took on that challenge when he signed for that long. 

Problems with health and family can rob anybody of their will or passion, but that aside, this self-flagellation thing Liverpool supporters are doing right now where we have one terrible period after two excellent years and that means Klopp is done, is just nuts. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

Oh for heavens sake, is he done?! Really?

32 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He signed a contract till 2024 knowing full well he would have to rebuild the team by then. He took on that challenge when he signed for that long. 

Problems with health and family can rob anybody of their will or passion, but that aside, this self-flagellation thing Liverpool supporters are doing right now where we have one terrible period after two excellent years and that means Klopp is done, is just nuts. 

Fucking hell guys, snap out of it. All this doom mongering has led me to agree with stacksy.

I'm a little disappointed with myself but extremely disappointed in the rest of you hysterical fannies.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

Fucking hell guys, snap out of it. All this doom mongering has led me to agree with stacksy.

I'm a little disappointed with myself but extremely disappointed in the rest of you hysterical fannies.

Well, I kind of want us to gut some of the team next summer, so I'm as hysterical as anybody else. 

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Oh for heavens sake, is he done?! Really?

I don't know, that's what I'm saying, anything is possible. He's been a football manager for the last 20 years with a maximum 4-5 month break between Dortmund and us in that time. And that's after 12 or so years as a player! Maybe he does need a break, maybe it's time for him to retire and enjoy his achievements?

• 2 weeks later...

Hope he dusts himself down and gets back to concentrating on the job in hand now.

He’s getting involved in too many petty arguments with arsehole interviewers now (Geoff Shreeves this morning) and these never end well with these vultures.

Although he’s got involved in a lot of well meaning debates (Brexit, Covid etc) he hasn’t come out with the support he should have got. Especially from his fellow managers over the 5 subs etc. 

Hope he plays a straight bat to all these loaded questions he’s gonna get now instead of rising to the bait and let’s the team do the talking on the pitch and fucks the external distractions off before he gets fed up with it all. If he hasn’t already. 

2 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Hope he dusts himself down and gets back to concentrating on the job in hand now.

He’s getting involved in too many petty arguments with arsehole interviewers now (Geoff Shreeves this morning) and these never end well with these vultures.

Although he’s got involved in a lot of well meaning debates (Brexit, Covid etc) he hasn’t come out with the support he should have got. Especially from his fellow managers over the 5 subs etc. 

Hope he plays a straight bat to all these loaded questions he’s gonna get now instead of rising to the bait and let’s the team do the talking on the pitch and fucks the external distractions off before he gets fed up with it all. If he hasn’t already. 

Agreed. The way football is covered in England is often immensely stupid and the pundits are almost all clueless, but he's gotta stop getting in these fights with these people. I'm sure he thinks to himself it's all ridiculous and these people are fucking stupid, but he needs to start biting his tongue.

He'll never be backed to the tune of the Manchester clubs, Chelsea, or the rich Euro clubs and that may well be the project he signed up to but it's just not sustainable to compete long term with the level of backing he is getting. 

He's being asked to take on man city and psg and Bayern without the tools to do it. 

6 minutes ago, KevieG said:

He'll never be backed to the tune of the Manchester clubs, Chelsea, or the rich Euro clubs and that may well be the project he signed up to but it's just not sustainable to compete long term with the level of backing he is getting. 

He's being asked to take on man city and psg and Bayern without the tools to do it. 

He’s got the tools. Our starting XI is better than theirs. They’re just not available at the moment.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, KevieG said:

Im pretty sure he knew that when he signed up. If he was that bothered about having bucketfuls of money to spend, he could have gone to united when approached, gone to Bayern or even PSG.

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Im pretty sure he knew that when he signed up. If he was that bothered about having bucketfuls of money to spend, he could have gone to united when approached, gone to Bayern or even PSG.

This. He clearly prefers to manage a club that operates in a different way to the likes of City, PSG, Chelsea,Real and Barca. Even if the latter two can’t keep it up any more it seems.