You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 2 weeks later...

Im worried about Jurgen. I dont think anyone can ignore the fact he hasnt been his usual jovial self this season. And Im not talking just this poor run we're on either or that the owners have 'stitched him up' over transfers.  Post that in the FSG thread if you want.

I believe Jurgen takes a wider view of what's going on in the world and around him more than some other managers in the PL. Id imagine he's getting pretty pissed off with the clusterfuck of decisions that have affected the team. Some of the decisions have been diabolical but put yourself in his shoes. How does he tell the players to play when there's fuck all consistency ref to ref and game to game? One game the oppos will get a pen, exact same situation we dont. it must piss off the players, coaching staff and Jurgen seeing what's going on.

I mean how do you drill your defence to play after Jon Moss' complete shit show with that city offside goal against Villa? Are the defenders supposed to take a swing at it thereby making the offside player onside, leave it in the hope the ref blows the whistle or VAR intervenes? What if there's a chance an onside player who's been chasing the ball can get to it and have a free run at goal? Setting your defence up and telling them how to play must be a nightmare.

Jurgen isnt giving it the joy on the touchline any more, more so since that cunt Friend booked him for shouting 'Why are you laughing at me?' And that's ignoring the shit that's going on with Gini wanting away, Mo whinging about not being captain fora game, fluttering his eyelashes at real and Barcelona plus all the supposed friction between Mo and Sadio.

What is it with us, eh?

We ascend to best team in Europe arguably...European Champions one season, League Champions (ending 30 years of misery) the next....any other club in the fucking world would be booming, full of positivity, have the best players forming a fucking queue to play for them and have a massive feel good factor in every part of club.

Us - it is stories of owners not spending, a manager (rightly) unhappy with that and seemingly not as happy as usual generally, players supposedly bickering, an injury crisis that has tore the centre of our defence apart and caused all kinds of knock on effects to rest of team, our new marquee signing in summer crocked for months in first couple of games, our new forward who started in great goalscoring form crocked for months.

We just aren't allowed nice things are we!!

Time for some real us against the fucking world stuff here, starting tomorrow vs those manc bastards.

Come on, Liverpool - we have never been as good as this in 30 years, fight back v the world and show them what we are.

I reckon we’ve got 18 months left with him. I can’t see him wanting to commit to a full squad rebuild here when this team runs its course and will look to leave us in a strong position for someone else to have a go. It must be exhausting managing us. Esp the last 3 seasons and this. 

He’s made no secret that he  wanted to give us 7 years. That last contract he signed won’t stand in his way. 

Better to go out being loved than chased out. 

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Im worried about Jurgen. I dont think anyone can ignore the fact he hasnt been his usual jovial self this season. And Im not talking just this poor run we're on either or that the owners have 'stitched him up' over transfers.  Post that in the FSG thread if you want.

I believe Jurgen takes a wider view of what's going on in the world and around him more than some other managers in the PL. Id imagine he's getting pretty pissed off with the clusterfuck of decisions that have affected the team. Some of the decisions have been diabolical but put yourself in his shoes. How does he tell the players to play when there's fuck all consistency ref to ref and game to game? One game the oppos will get a pen, exact same situation we dont. it must piss off the players, coaching staff and Jurgen seeing what's going on.

I mean how do you drill your defence to play after Jon Moss' complete shit show with that city offside goal against Villa? Are the defenders supposed to take a swing at it thereby making the offside player onside, leave it in the hope the ref blows the whistle or VAR intervenes? What if there's a chance an onside player who's been chasing the ball can get to it and have a free run at goal? Setting your defence up and telling them how to play must be a nightmare.

Jurgen isnt giving it the joy on the touchline any more, more so since that cunt Friend booked him for shouting 'Why are you laughing at me?' And that's ignoring the shit that's going on with Gini wanting away, Mo whinging about not being captain fora game, fluttering his eyelashes at real and Barcelona plus all the supposed friction between Mo and Sadio.

Sadly I agree, he doesn’t look his normal self. We know he’s walked away from a job before, I’m worried.

36 minutes ago, an tha said:

What is it with us, eh?

We ascend to best team in Europe arguably...European Champions one season, League Champions (ending 30 years of misery) the next....any other club in the fucking world would be booming, full of positivity, have the best players forming a fucking queue to play for them and have a massive feel good factor in every part of club.

Us - it is stories of owners not spending, a manager (rightly) unhappy with that and seemingly not as happy as usual generally, players supposedly bickering, an injury crisis that has tore the centre of our defence apart and caused all kinds of knock on effects to rest of team, our new marquee signing in summer crocked for months in first couple of games, our new forward who started in great goalscoring form crocked for months.

We just aren't allowed nice things are we!!

Time for some real us against the fucking world stuff here, starting tomorrow vs those manc bastards.

Come on, Liverpool - we have never been as good as this in 30 years, fight back v the world and show them what we are.

Waited 30 years and then the world turned upside down before we had a chance to celebrate. 

On Klopp, in Honigstein’s book he talks about how him and Buvac would always put their heads together to sort out any big changes when they were necessary. I know Buvac has been gone for ages now but have we ever really fundamentally changed the way we play in that time? I don’t know. I reckon if he was ever going to be missed it would be this exact moment in time. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Waited 30 years and then the world turned upside down before we had a chance to celebrate. 

On Klopp, in Honigstein’s book he talks about how him and Buvac would always put their heads together to sort out any big changes when they were necessary. I know Buvac has been gone for ages now but have we ever really fundamentally changed the way we play in that time? I don’t know. I reckon if he was ever going to be missed it would be this exact moment in time. 

Our timing is lousy of that there is no doubt 

But there still should be a better feel around club, the club should be as strongly positioned as any even in this new fucked up landscape.

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Yes, by a lot. Pretty much as soon as Buvac left we became much more pragmatic. Maybe that was always going to be the evolution of the team, but the style in 16-17 and 17-18 seasons was wildly different to now. 

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Yes, by a lot. Pretty much as soon as Buvac left we became much more pragmatic. Maybe that was always going to be the evolution of the team, but the style in 16-17 and 17-18 seasons was wildly different to now. 

Was it? Or have we just bought better defenders and a keeper which allows us to shift the team a little bit further up the pitch?

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Was it? Or have we just bought better defenders and a keeper which allows us to shift the team a little bit further up the pitch?

Yeah. Tactically, we're doing loads of stuff different. Notably, the attack going through the fullbacks, we play more long balls, we press less, the midfield is less attacking than it used to be. 

My reading of Jurgen is that he's a perfectionist who sees his job as doing the very best he can with the materials available so he'll be primarily blaming himself rather than looking for excuses or pointing the finger. He's not a quitter so his frustration will just drive him harder to pull us through this bad patch. A couple of wins will sort us and him out. 

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah. Tactically, we're doing loads of stuff different. Notably, the attack going through the fullbacks, we play more long balls, we press less. 

I suppose you’re right but it’s still three workhorses in the middle and a front three that are scoring a fraction of what they were. It needs changing up now though. Completely. 

LivelyCapitalGuanaco-small.gif

We need to find different ways of playing. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I suppose you’re right but it’s still three workhorses in the middle and a front three that are scoring a fraction of what they were. It needs changing up now though. Completely. 

LivelyCapitalGuanaco-small.gif

But that's the thing, when Buvac was here, this wasn't the setup. In Gini's first season he had 6 goals and 9 assists in midfield. Lallana had 8 goals 7 assists. It wasn't always a workhorse midfield. 

We changed that completely once he left where instead the fullbacks had far more attacking responsibility and the midfielders would have to play more conservatively. Which I'm sure has made us harder to break down than we were, along with the fact we got better defenders and a keeper.  

I’m sure the pandemic is pissing him off. He finally wins us the league after we’d gone without it for 30 years, the culmination of an amazing 5 years work by himself, and he and the players don’t even get to celebrate it properly. The fact that this season has become such a grind due to both injuries and the busy schedule. I’m sure the clubs plans have also been hugely impacted by the pandemic as well with the massive losses in revenues and uncertainty about the years ahead. He’s maybe wondering if he can keep us competitive. But without doubt I’m sure he’s finding football without fans more of a grind. He waited for us to come in for him because he knew making us great again would be the ultimate, and it’s nowhere near as much fun without the fans in the ground. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

But that's the thing, when Buvac was here, this wasn't the setup. In Gini's first season he had 6 goals and 9 assists in midfield. Lallana had 8 goals 7 assists. It wasn't always a workhorse midfield. 

We changed that completely once he left where instead the fullbacks had far more attacking responsibility and the midfielders would have to play more conservatively. Which I'm sure has made us harder to break down than we were, along with the fact we got better defenders and a keeper.  

Stop proving me wrong, you little prick. 

I’m leaving this thread now.