You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Some choice quotes from today's press conference:

"I'm pretty sure we will discuss it again, as all the teams have to play every three days from now and everyone will feel the difference to other seasons," added Klopp.

"And next summer it will become a problem for [England manager] Gareth Southgate because most of the players he wants to pick will have played three times a week all the time.

"So Gareth will get what we can give him and if we stick with three subs then he has the problem then. So it's an FA problem, in my understanding."

Klopp also disagreed with ex-Manchester United defender Gary Neville, who claimed that he wanted to be able to make more changes to benefit Liverpool.

"He [Neville] should not think that I am like him because I'm not like him," said Klopp.

"I speak about all the players - not just the Liverpool players."

I’m kind of split on the 5 sub rule. There are pros (player welfare) and negatives (benefits to bigger clubs / flow of matches). 

However, given every other major league in Europe and the CL & EL all adopt the 5 sub rule, we’ve gotta think we’re missing a trick.

Klopp raised a good point today - Coaches may support it but Chairman don’t. The price of failure in the Premiership is to high. If Fulham (or whoever) can get an extra couple of points v the bigger clubs when they have injuries and they stay up, then that’s the end game. Unfortunately there are to many teams keeping 3 subs benefits. 

On 27/11/2020 at 09:08, Scooby Dudek said:

Just watched todays press conference and they kept saying, after these questions we will be going to the embargo section for questions. They then didn't show the embargo section, any idea what this is ?

I know what an embargo and my thoughts are maybe questions for the LFC magazine or something like that, so an embargo on people knowing before the publication comes out.

Those press conferences are usually split into 3 bits.  The bit we usually see is for TV/Radio.  After that there are usually 2 embargoed sections.  One for the daily papers and then another for the Sunday papers. 

Blood red on you tube sometimes show the dailies part of the PC (After the embargo of course).

• Upvote 1

Good to see Klopp calling Neville a gobshite, such a great pundit that he lays all the blame for the mancs' failures at Edward Woodward's door purely because the manager is his mate. Fucking rat-faced simpleton. "Oooh me and carra are gonna hit each other with frying pans because, you know, he's a scouser and I'm a manc'.

Pointless twat.

• Upvote 6

19 hours ago, Rotpeter said:

Those press conferences are usually split into 3 bits.  The bit we usually see is for TV/Radio.  After that there are usually 2 embargoed sections.  One for the daily papers and then another for the Sunday papers. 

Blood red on you tube sometimes show the dailies part of the PC (After the embargo of course).

Here's one in case your interested.

30 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

If it was an English manager as title holder then the press would be nodding vigorously about the 5 subs.  Because he's foreign, he's not allowed to be right. 

Jurgen is chill about it though, he's told them what will happen next summer.  Every other competing national FA are helping their next summer preparations.

Build em up and knock em down is the fleet street way. They like you until they don't.

2 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

We all know he's the best manager in the world by some distance but to get these performances out of the boys with the amount of injuries we've got is truly fantastic management we really are  blessed to have him at our club 

He just gets everything right mate. Best man in Football right now. 

• Upvote 1

Even before Jurgen won us the league, the champions league and the world championship and oppo fans were calling him floppo and a 'serial loser' I wouldnt have changed him for any other manager in the world.

If you're destined to just have good times with a manager who wins you nothing, that's the way it is. We are blessed that Jurgen has won titles with and for us. It doesnt matter what age you are, Jurgen makes you feel like he's your dad.

• Upvote 5