You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Give him a year off when the current contract runs out if he wants it , then offer him whatever contract he wants and let him build a dynasty he's just brillliant 

Think he was saying the other week he is open to extending his contract again. Jurgen is very pragmatic and knows in 4 years time, results could be very different and people could want a new manager. I think he's thinking how it kind of ended at Dortmund, the 'taken a club as far as you can' syndrome.

Yes, it's almost impossible to think some people may want Jurgen to go if results did suffer but given how fickle some fans are, you never know.

Im not sure the sabbatical thing really works in football. Take a year out and everything you've built could have fallen down by the time you come back. What signal would it send to the players? Could they go well the manager's having a year off so why shouldnt we?

I think the club should pull out all the stops to keep Jurgen here as long as possible. But if the guy decides his time here is up or he wants a crack at the German National team, I'll be gutted but will wish him all the very best.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

I like this one. One finger goes one way and the other goes the other... One's going east, the other’s going west. And this guy's saying, "Whaddya want from me?" The guy's got a nice beard of white hair. Beautiful.

• Upvote 7

On 20/09/2020 at 22:19, dockers_strike said:

Think he was saying the other week he is open to extending his contract again. Jurgen is very pragmatic and knows in 4 years time, results could be very different and people could want a new manager. I think he's thinking how it kind of ended at Dortmund, the 'taken a club as far as you can' syndrome.

Yes, it's almost impossible to think some people may want Jurgen to go if results did suffer but given how fickle some fans are, you never know.

Im not sure the sabbatical thing really works in football. Take a year out and everything you've built could have fallen down by the time you come back. What signal would it send to the players? Could they go well the manager's having a year off so why shouldnt we?

I think the club should pull out all the stops to keep Jurgen here as long as possible. But if the guy decides his time here is up or he wants a crack at the German National team, I'll be gutted but will wish him all the very best.

I don’t if it’s true but I read in some books Kenny was ready to come back after a few month break in 91. But the club never called hip back, so he went on to join Blackburn.

1 hour ago, Arnaud said:

I don’t if it’s true but I read in some books Kenny was ready to come back after a few month break in 91. But the club never called hip back, so he went on to join Blackburn.

Marina said to the club to give him a 6 month break after he quit. I do think his decision to go was pretty spontaneous on the back of that 4-4 game. I cannot beginning to imagine the pressure Kenny had been and was under.

I remember some twat, Alan(?) Kennedy (not our barney rubble kennedy) of a DJ on Radio City, I think it was, saying Dalglish wasnt under pressure because not being able to pay your mortgage was 'real' pressure. I nearly chucked the fucking radio out the window hearing that simpleton say that on air especially given the circumstances involved.

The club couldnt operate in such a vacuum though and while Ronnie Moran guided the team for a while, the clamour to appoint Souey was growing daily. The rest as they say is history. But the King will always be a legend here.

• Upvote 3