You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What I also find amazing is that Klopp haven’t just copied his template for success from his brilliant Dortmund side. In many ways, this team is very very different, and almost the opposite. For example, Dortmund’s wide players were largely workmanlike (Schmelzer, Piszczek, Kuba, and Großkreutz), whereas ours are playmakers and goalscorers. Dortmund built his attack around a brilliant goal scoring no 9 in Lewandowski and creativity from his midfielders; Sahin and Götze. In our case, I’d say for Bobby and our midfielders, their main task is to provide the platform for our wide players to shine. 

Guest Pistonbroke

This is what JK said to German Sky during an interview on the 7th of June.

"That you can't celebrate in the way you've always dreamed of, that's not nice, I totally understand that," he told Sky Germany. "I feel the same way. It's not that my ideal is to celebrate alone in the stadium, then just drive home.

"It wasn't like that when you thought about it. But that cannot be changed now. Why should we now make a big deal about something that can't be changed?

"There comes a day when life will get back to normal. When someone has found the vaccine, when someone has found a solution to the problem, when infection rates are zero or below – that day will come eventually. Then we have the right to celebrate what we want to celebrate on that day.

"If this is the 12th or 13th matchday of next season and we want to celebrate it, who is going to stop it? Then we still have the trophy and then we can drive it around town and stand on the bus. If other people then think that we are completely crazy, I honestly don't care.

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Haha! 

Strange Lynyrd Skynyrd reference came to mind watching that... not sure why.

was cutting the rug
Down at place called The Jug
With a guy named Jurgen Klopp
When in walked a man
With a cup in his hand
And he was looking for you know who
He said, "Hey there, fellow
With the hair colored yellow
Whatcha tryin' to prove?

What I love about Jurgen is, he's the closest you'll get to a fan type mentality in any manager never mind one at the very top of his profession.

Loads of oppo fans and I dare say, managers do not like his goal celebrations. He celebrates each goal scored for his club like a fan does. He's clearly been told by the LMA, PGMOL or whatever, to wind the celebrations in because he's nowhere near as exhuberent as he was, which is a shame in my opinion.

At the same time as last night's interview on Sky Sports showed, he's a humble guy. You could see the emotion in him right at the very beginning of the interview. Again, just like any fan at that moment, most of us were either close to tears or had shed a few on the final whistle in London.

To be honest, I really dont know how he held it together so long, Id have been blubbering like a kid in his position being asked questions about how does it feel like and the rest.

I just love the guy. Oh and wasnt kenny in top form last night as well? Wear his Liverpool scarf. I think he even cracked the Germans were on the wrong side during the war meaning Jurgen's one of us!

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Haha! 

You can understand why some footballers get depressed after football despite all their wealth. How do you top highs like that? It must be amazing to be a player at this club, if I ever get the chance to be replugged back into the matrix there's no doubt what and where I'd want to be.

Just watching the beeb showing our managers since we last won the league,  obviously from Souy to Rogers and near the end their he is in all his glorious glory, the owl,  doing a 24 carat face rub (I think whilst getting done by someone like Northampton in the cup)   and for the first time since then I didnt grimace but laughed.