You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Has Jurgen become a better manager since Buvac left? I know  Jurgen referred to his long time friends as 'The brain' but hasnt his success improved since Jurgen has had Lijnders and Krawietz have been by his side instead?

The criticism of Jurgen was he always lost finals. Since Buvac left, we've won the Champions League, European Super Cup and World Club Champions. We're also nailed on to win number 19 and still in contention to retain the Champions League and maybe win the FA Cup.

Also, the new manc myth is that Liverpool have given Jurgen 'time,' time he wouldnt have got if he'd gone to manchester united. Seriously? Considering he was appointed manager in October 2015, he had Liverpool in the EFL Cup final by March 2016. In May the same year, he had us in the Europa league Final and 2018, into the Champions league Final.

There's no 'time' given there, he was straight at it and the improvements in not just the team but the club were evident almost from day 1.

6 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Has Jurgen become a better manager since Buvac left? I know  Jurgen referred to his long time friends as 'The brain' but hasnt his success improved since Jurgen has had Lijnders and Krawietz have been by his side instead?

The criticism of Jurgen was he always lost finals. Since Buvac left, we've won the Champions League, European Super Cup and World Club Champions. We're also nailed on to win number 19 and still in contention to retain the Champions League and maybe win the FA Cup.

Also, the new manc myth is that Liverpool have given Jurgen 'time,' time he wouldnt have got if he'd gone to manchester united. Seriously? Considering he was appointed manager in October 2015, he had Liverpool in the EFL Cup final by March 2016. In May the same year, he had us in the Europa league Final and 2018, into the Champions league Final.

There's no 'time' given there, he was straight at it and the improvements in not just the team but the club were evident almost from day 1.

They are confusing time with pedigree. Let them.

• Upvote 1

In an era of throw-in coaches, this is hardly surprising that such a tactic would be studied and adapted to football to gain even incremental advantages. Has any team used it to such good effect though? It's only putting in writing what we've seen with our eyes- this team is so finely tuned now, making the lack of spending (ie maintaining an already cohesive squad) look like a brilliant move. 

8 minutes ago, A_S said:

In an era of throw-in coaches, this is hardly surprising that such a tactic would be studied and adapted to football to gain even incremental advantages. Has any team used it to such good effect though? It's only putting in writing what we've seen with our eyes- this team is so finely tuned now, making the lack of spending (ie maintaining an already cohesive squad) look like a brilliant move. 

Interesting what that article says about Clyne 'Out of the squad for reasons unrelated to his long term injury.' The Blue taxi drivers are right.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Interesting what that article says about Clyne 'Out of the squad for reasons unrelated to his long term injury.' The Blue taxi drivers are right.

There are obviously other issues as no one even mentions him anywhere. Even he has'nt done any interviews or talked in the media. Been more sightings of Lord Lucan the past year.......

31 minutes ago, BCM said:

There are obviously other issues as no one even mentions him anywhere. Even he has'nt done any interviews or talked in the media. Been more sightings of Lord Lucan the past year.......

I think Jurgen didnt like 'clyney's' hedonistic lifestyle while he was out injured instead of trying to get fit. Neither did Clyne seem to take note when Jurgen bombed sakho out of the club for the stunts he pulled out in the US and with his, erm, dietary supplements. Ignore the warning signs at your peril.

5 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I think Jurgen didnt like 'clyney's' hedonistic lifestyle while he was out injured instead of trying to get fit. Neither did Clyne seem to take note when Jurgen bombed sakho out of the club for the stunts he pulled out in the US and with his, erm, dietary supplements. Ignore the warning signs at your peril.

The positive peer pressure within this group must be off the charts. But if an individual does go and do his own thing instead, it'd stand out like dog's balls. 

3 hours ago, A_S said:

The positive peer pressure within this group must be off the charts. But if an individual does go and do his own thing instead, it'd stand out like dog's balls. 

220px-The_Wave_(novel).jpg

If they see this will now expect an Athletic article from the City correspondent - Inside Klopp’s Tyrannical Regime....

I remember day he flew in. I was tracking the flight on the interweb thing. Looking out of the window to see if I could see it fly over our office. Like a kid tracking Santa on the NASA webby.

I thought to myself, "Should I be doing this at 47 years old?".

Then I thought, "Yeah fuck it. No-one will ever know.".

Don't tell anyone.

• Upvote 5

I genuinely don't understand the vitriol from other supporters.

It's obvious that not only is he a great manager, he's a decent human being as well.

If he were managing another side in the Prem I wouldn't be going out of my way to praise him, but I'd have enough class to save the abuse for the long list of those who are more deserving.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Klopp should have replied with a letter calling him a bitter little gobshite and enclosed a crisp packet filled with his own piss. 

Jurgen has gone down in my estimation here. 

Nah. He trolled the kid with the six stars on the letter.

• Upvote 3