You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (May 25-31 2019)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Saturday May 25: 

Happy Istanbul day. Usually this day depresses me a bit as for many of the years that followed we were a million miles away from that kind of glory. I can enjoy this one though, especially when the world’s greatest player is telling everyone that nothing he’s achieved this season really means much to him because he can’t stop thinking about getting battered at Anfield. These are great days, they shouldn’t be taken for granted. Up the Reds!

Tranmere got promoted today. Pleased for them, although I’m not sure why because Tranmere fans seem to hate us, the big weirdos. Nevertheless, I’m happy for them and would love to see them get back to the level they once were, when Aldo was getting them on the fringes of the top flight. It’s mad when you look back on that. They were in the playoff final and were one game away from the Premier League. I didn’t realise at the time just how incredible that was. 

Would they be the smallest club to play in the Premier League? Maybe Bournemouth is a good comparison, which again shows just what an incredible job Eddie Howe has done there. Especially as he keeps blowing money on our u23 players.

Meanwhile, Barca lost the Copa Del Rey. We’ve completely broken them. It isn't just Messi talking about how he can’t think about anything else other than what happened at Anfield, as Pique has said something similar. Glorious. Give us Real next season please.

Sunday May 26:

Milner reveals that Messi called him a donkey at half time of the first leg. He didn’t say what he called him after the second leg, so I’ll just go ahead and assume it was ‘sir’ or ‘master’. Seriously though, this is just dead funny and makes me love Milner even more than I already did, which I didn’t think was possible.

Messi apparently said to him (in Spanish) “that foul was because I nutmegged you”. No shit, Sherlock. That fancy dan bollocks doesn’t fly with Milner. Just ask Neymar. Milner replied to him in Spanish too, which just adds to the hilarity of it as you know Messi wouldn't have expected that. That's how you beat them James, they keep under-estimating you.

The beautiful irony about all this is that for all Messi’s snobbery, if Barca had a few 'el burro' types like Milner they wouldn’t have been so easily steamrollered by Roma and us in consecutive years.

Meanwhile, Man City’s head honcho says the recent shade that has been thrown their way is based on ethnicity. Get the fuck outta here. Classic case of horrible cunt acts like horrible cunt, and when he’s called on being a horrible cunt he pulls out the race card to deflect away from being a horrible cunt. 

Depressingly though, his brother is reportedly trying to buy Newcastle, and the owners of PSG are trying to get their hands on Leeds. Why can’t they just fuck off and leave footy alone? 

Edit: It's not his brother. They have the same name but apparently this Newcastle guy has a whiff of 'fake Sheikh' about him. Imagine if he turned out to be the 'George Weah's cousin' of owners and Newcastle got saddled with him after all the years of trying to get rid of Ashley. I might actually die laughing if it turned out like that.

Staying in the North East, what about Sunderland today? Fucking hell that was cruel. It was literally the last kick of the game. Just how many kicks to the balls does one fanbase have to take? My brother in law has been to Wembley seven times now, and they've lost every one. This was probably the worst though. The poor bastards. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that 'the Week that Was' is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u unpinned this topic