Quantcast
What are your top 10 favourite songs? - Page 3 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tony Moanero

What are your top 10 favourite songs?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Additional 10

 

A Horse with No Name - America

The House of the Rising Sun - The Animals

Number 9 Dream - John Lennon

Baker Street - Gerry Rafferty

Annie’s Song - John Denver

Silly Love Songs - Paul McCartney

Young Turks - Rod Stewart

Everybody Wants to Rule the World - Tears for Fears

Something’s Gotten Hold of My Heart - Gene Pitney

This Old Heart of Mine - The Isley Brothers

 

 

 

 

 

Then change the title thread to top 20!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leatherface - Springtime

Desmond Dekker - You can get it if you really want

The Beatles/Nina Simone - Here Comes The Sun

Dusty Springfield - Ain't No Sun Since You've Been Gone

Youssou N'Dour - Li Ma Weesu

The Bronx - Notice of Eviction

Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros - X-Ray Style

Jimi Hendrix - Castles Made of Sand

Restorations - Separate Songs

Bouncing Souls - Say Anything

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, aws said:

Today's list:

 

Tangled Up in Blue - Dylan

Hurt  - Cash

Thunder Road - Bruce

Badlands -Bruce

LA Woman - Doors

Paint it Black -Stones

Days - Kinks

Sitting on the Dock of the Bay - Otis

Hey Joe - Hendrix

On The Road Again -Canned Heat

Made my day, have some Canned Heat rep. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 more because Tony is an evil wanker (I've used artists I didn't last time) :

 

YNWA - Gerry & The Pacemakers

Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd

Faithfully - Journey

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John

Cutt Off - Kasabian

Mystify - INXS

West End Girl - Pet Shop Boys

Common People - Pulp

Everlong - Foo Fighters

You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC 

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

10 more because Tony is an evil wanker (I've used artists I didn't last time) :

 

YNWA - Gerry & The Pacemakers

Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd

Faithfully - Journey

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John

Cutt Off - Kasabian

Mystify - INXS

West End Girl - Pet Shop Boys

Common People - Pulp

Everlong - Foo Fighters

You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC 

 

 

 

If lists were colour, this would be beige...

 

The first ten would be black, or an absence of colour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

 

If lists were colour, this would be beige...

 

The first ten would be black, or an absence of colour.

Bit like your sex life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

10 more because Tony is an evil wanker (I've used artists I didn't last time) :

 

YNWA - Gerry & The Pacemakers

Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd

Faithfully - Journey

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John

Cutt Off - Kasabian

Mystify - INXS

West End Girl - Pet Shop Boys

Common People - Pulp

Everlong - Foo Fighters

You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC 

 

 

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Pet Shop Boys rep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drops of Jupiter - Train

Breaking Into Heaven - Stone Roses

This is the One - Stone Roses

Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac 

The Chain - Fleetwood Mac 

Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division 

Dakota - Stereophonics

The Whole of the Moon - The Waterboys

Real Gone Kid - Deacon Blue

Supersonic - Oasis 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vol 2

 

The Byrds - Mr Tambourine man

The Rolling Stones - Miss you

JJ Cale - Call me the breeze

Beck - The Golden Age

The Connells - 74 75

Neil Young - Harvest moon

Fleetwood mac - Man of the world

Captain beefheart - Sure nuff and yes I do

America - Ventura Highway

The Travelling Wilburys - End of the Line

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top ten cover versions, no particular ords:-

 

Afghan Whigs - Lost in the Supermarket (I'm not a Clash fan, and think this version improves on it.  Neg away)

Supersuckers - Dead Homiez (this rules so much it makes both of my lists on this thread to date)

Seaweed - Go Your Own Way (appears on the OST from the movie Clerks)

Beachwood Sparks - By Your Side (amazing Sade cover)

Dinosaur Jr - Quicksand (amazing Bowie cover)

Red Red Meat - I'm Not In Love

Truly - Our Lips Are Sealed

Killdozer - Sweet Home Alabama (better than the original.  Negs accepted)

Roxy Music - Jealous Guy

Scud Mountain Boys - Where's The Playground, Susie?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Drops of Jupiter - Train

Breaking Into Heaven - Stone Roses

This is the One - Stone Roses

Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac 

The Chain - Fleetwood Mac 

Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division 

Dakota - Stereophonics

The Whole of the Moon - The Waterboys

Real Gone Kid - Deacon Blue

Supersonic - Oasis 

The Chain rep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been a few shouts for Go Your Own Way.  It's almost impossible to live up to the original but this is a great effort.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

 

Ya ma seems happy enough with it.

You throw E.L.O on for her mate and you wouldn't have to touch the sides 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Top ten cover versions, no particular ords:-

 

Afghan Whigs - Lost in the Supermarket (I'm not a Clash fan, and think this version improves on it.  Neg away)

Supersuckers - Dead Homiez (this rules so much it makes both of my lists on this thread to date)

Seaweed - Go Your Own Way (appears on the OST from the movie Clerks)

Beachwood Sparks - By Your Side (amazing Sade cover)

Dinosaur Jr - Quicksand (amazing Bowie cover)

Red Red Meat - I'm Not In Love

Truly - Our Lips Are Sealed

Killdozer - Sweet Home Alabama (better than the original.  Negs accepted)

Roxy Music - Jealous Guy

Scud Mountain Boys - Where's The Playground, Susie?

 

 

 

 

Top 10 Covers

 

Something’s Gotten Hold of My Heart - Gene Pitney

Stand by Me - John Lennon

Without You - Harry Nilsson 

Mr. Tambourine Man - The Byrds

Always on My Mind - Willie Nelson

Caravan of Love - The Housemartins 

The House of the Rising Sun - The Animals

Only You - The Flying Pickets

Whiskey in the Jar - Thin Lizzy

Killing Me Softly with His Song - Roberta Flack

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

10 more because Tony is an evil wanker (I've used artists I didn't last time) :

 

YNWA - Gerry & The Pacemakers

Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd

Faithfully - Journey

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John

Cutt Off - Kasabian

Mystify - INXS

West End Girl - Pet Shop Boys

Common People - Pulp

Everlong - Foo Fighters

You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC 

 

 

INXS rep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Covers:

 

Aretha Franklin - Let It Be (that glorious middle 8)

Joe Strummer - Redemption Song

Jimmy Cliff - Ruby Soho

New Found Glory - Never Ending Story (first song I ever crowdsurfed to)

Hot Water Music - Radio

The Zombies - What Becomes of the Broken Hearted

Streetlight Manifesto - Linoleum

Jimi Hendrix - Day Tripper

Cap'n Jazz - Take On Me

Motorhead - Heroes

 

Also, just realised I forgot one of my top three from my previous list (The Pogues - Rainy Night in Soho)

 

edit: Originally included Nina despite mentioning her in my previous list, but still left out Dusty so decided to replace Nina with Aretha.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another 10 is fair cop

 

Janey - Foy Vance

Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

Touch Me - Doors

Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult

Turn Turn Turn - The Byrds

A 1000 Times - Hamilton Leithauser

Jolene - Ray Lamontagne

The tracks of my tears - Smoky Robinson

Let's Stay Together - Al Green

Strange and Beautiful - Aqualung

 

It would be a good idea if everyone who posted listened to other people's top 10's, just for some interest? Might learn something. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Also, just realised I forgot one of my top three from my previous list (The Pogues - Rainy Night in Soho)

Nick Cave effort.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×