Quantcast
Terry Mac... - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lifetime fan

Terry Mac...

Doesn’t get anywhere near the recognition from us he should and I hate the fact Geordies try claiming him as their own. 

Look at the guy now! 

267ADD87-EBA5-4790-9016-0CDF8E1F3FF6.jpeg

Try arguing anything with him. 

• Upvote 2

Read Kevin Keegan's book recently, and he recounts that when he brought Terry into his backroom team during his first spell managing Newcastle in the early 1990s, he'd been running a burger van.

Cut from a slightly different cloth to today's spoilt brats, though I could definitely see Milner and Robertson running a fantastic burger van.

• Upvote 2

Great player and always liked a goal for the big occasion. Very strange how the Newcastle connection has stayed strong given his local roots. Terry Mac,Stevie Heighway,Jimmy Case were probably earlier favourites of mine before King Kenny waltzed in and blew us all away.

• Upvote 1

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

Great player and always liked a goal for the big occasion. Very strange how the Newcastle connection has stayed strong given his local roots. Terry Mac,Stevie Heighway,Jimmy Case were probably earlier favourites of mine before King Kenny waltzed in and blew us all away.

Terry Mac and Jimmy Case were good mates, liked a bevvy. 

• Upvote 1

The steel in those 70's and 80's sides though. Case, McDermott, Souness, Smith.... Hard hard bastards. Then you get people calling the likes of Shawcross and Barton 'hard-men'. They wouldn't have lived with those lot. Barton couldn't even live with Scott Brown ffs 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The steel in those 70's and 80's sides though. Case, McDermott, Souness, Smith.... Hard hard bastards. Then you get people calling the likes of Shawcross and Barton 'hard-men'. They wouldn't have lived with those lot. Barton couldn't even live with Scott Brown ffs 

Barton's a cunt with a short temper,  wouldn't call him hard at all. 

30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

This is probably what made Bob sign Souness...

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

Two of my favourite not only Terry Mac goals but LFC goals

I was actually thinking of the header at the back post after running the pitch.

Scored some goals.

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Read Kevin Keegan's book recently, and he recounts that when he brought Terry into his backroom team during his first spell managing Newcastle in the early 1990s, he'd been running a burger van.

Cut from a slightly different cloth to today's spoilt brats, though I could definitely see Milner and Robertson running a fantastic burger van.

Some good Terry Mac stories in Keegan's book, like when he was subbed off (as he often was) he'd run off backwards as if he was getting reeled in.

Cracking finish - and the way the camera zooms in on the still-spinning ball is perfect.  Probably more than any other Liverpool goal, this is still the one that gives me that frisson.