You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Wilson set to quit Liverpool putting a number of clubs on alert.

tlw content

Harry Wilson is set to have a number of clubs scrambling for his signature both in England and on the continent with the young Welsh international set to leave the Reds.

The 22 year-old enjoyed a stellar campaign for Derby County in the Championship where he scored 18 goals in all competitions and won plenty of high praise along the way including from his manager Frank Lampard.

The midfielder showed he is certainly not afraid of the big stage scoring an absolute cracker of a free kick against Man United in the EFL Cup, while also having nerves of steel by slotting away crucial penalties against West Brom in the last game of the Championship season which secured their top six place, and away to Leeds in the second leg of their playoff tie at Elland Road.

Wilson also won plenty of plaudits in 2017/8 when he spent the second half of the season at Hull.

It had been speculated that the talented youngster could play a part in Jurgen Klopp's squad next season with an impact role most likely.

But it seems like Wilson has decided that now is time to look for pastures new and more regular first team football.

The Mirror reports that Crystal Palace are interested in him if they lose Wilfried Zaha, while a number of other teams including south coast rivals Southampton and Brighton and Rafa Benitez's Newcastle also are reported to be keen on his services.

Bundesliga clubs Hertha Berlin, Augsburg and Eintracht Frankfurt are also monitoring the situation, and it is believed some La Liga clubs are also keen on his services.

harry-wilson.jpg

While it would be disappointing to lose Wilson just when he seems to be maturing into a very handy footballer, you cannot deny someone wanting to make the most of their career.

The truth is that he would be playing limited minutes in the first team, especially with the number of options that Jurgen Klopp now has at his disposal.

Wherever he lands this summer, that club will have a handy prospect on their hands.

View full article

Was at a gathering last wednesday with Jan Mølby. He said there that Wilson would be sold as he was deemed not good enough, so probably the reports of him going got wheels. 

He also said there is talk about Klopp going back to Germany in 2022 as he was only allowed ONE club abroad by his wife.

Not sure about him leaving in 2022, but the wife thing I can believe.

1 hour ago, Johnlj said:

Was at a gathering last wednesday with Jan Mølby. He said there that Wilson would be sold as he was deemed not good enough, so probably the reports of him going got wheels. 

He also said there is talk about Klopp going back to Germany in 2022 as he was only allowed ONE club abroad by his wife.

Not sure about him leaving in 2022, but the wife thing I can believe.

He normally only spends 7 years at a club, so the 2022 thing sounds right, sadly.

I’ve caught around a few Derby games this season, mainly to ‘scout’ him. At his best, he’d be a useful player to have in the squad. However, he’s not often enough at his best, and it would be better for him to develop elsewhere where he isn’t expected to perform every game.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I’ve caught around half a few Derby games this season, mainly to ‘scout’ him. At his best, he’d be a useful player to have in the squad. However, he’s not often enough at his best, and it would be better for him to develop elsewhere where he isn’t expected to perform every game.

I come from a generation that understood measuring in rods, poles , perches and chains , but even I am struggling measuring 'half a few'

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I come from a generation that understood measuring in rods, poles , perches and chains , but even I am struggling measuring 'half a few'

Ha, I wasn’t gonna post half a dozen but I wasn’t really sure.

I've watched a lot of Wilson. He was brilliant up until Christmas. Since then, he's looked tired and probably has had more attention from the opposition. His dead balls are superb. He was also pretty decent for Hull in the Championship and helped save them from relegation. He may not make it here but he'll have a good career.