You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Letter on the offal from a Milwall fan.

WaltonRed

"There were many thousands of other fans in the ground who feel the same as myself, that tragedies like Hillsborough should not be used for baiting away support, and I hope that the majority of Liverpool fans can understand that."

I wasn't at the game, but I couldn't hear many of the Millwall fans booing during these chants.

My point is if the genuine good natured Millwall fans were so sickened why didn't they show it?

I think it was President Kennedy who said "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing".

Maybe this Millwall fan should be asking his fellow fans why they did nothing, he's not apologising for that is he?.

Hermes, I took your point. I think having a letter published on the widest read football website in the world counts as taking a moral stand. This guy is leading by example - one the FA would do well to look at in embarrasment as, to my mind, it's their silence on this issue that's deafening - not that of the decent Millwall fans (many of whom were there with kids, judging by last night's coverage).

My point is if the genuine good natured Millwall fans were so sickened why didn't they show it?

I think it was President Kennedy who said "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing".

Maybe this Millwall fan should be asking his fellow fans why they did nothing, he's not apologising for that is he?.

Spot on Hermes, in the 'Gary Neville' FA Cup game at OT a few years back the Munich song started to pick up quite a volume within our end until it was booed out by the majority of our support......this fans apology is a nice gesture but personally I think Hermes is spot on, if the majority of their support is good then they should do something about the knobhead element.

Spot on Hermes, in the 'Gary Neville' FA Cup game at OT a few years back the Munich song started to pick up quite a volume within our end until it was booed out by the majority of our support......this fans apology is a nice gesture but personally I think Hermes is spot on, if the majority of their support is good then they should do something about the knobhead element.

Millwall have done mroe than probably any other club in the world to eradicate such things from their club. In fact, I wish every club had done half as much!

But when almost the entire support are a bunch of complete pricks it's difficult to get shut of it completely!

To be fair to them, Millwall should be commended for the steps they've taken. Still a way to go of course but they've had a fucking good go at it as best they can.

Millwall have done mroe than probably any other club in the world to eradicate such things from their club. In fact, I wish every club had done half as much!

But when almost the entire support are a bunch of complete pricks it's difficult to get shut of it completely!

To be fair to them, Millwall should be commended for the steps they've taken. Still a way to go of course but they've had a fucking good go at it as best they can.

What like? The Chairman denying the songs their fans sing and the manager blaming all trouble on opposition support? The rot seems to run right through the club to me.......

I wasn't there last night and so can not comment on the specific mood. However, I can say that if I was at the match with my son and saw crowd trouble, no matter how serious, whether provoked or otherwise, my only concern would be his safety. I try to be someone who does the right thing and in a similar context to last night, on my own, I'm sure I'd have been someone shouting down the scumbags. Being with your family changes EVERYTHING, and I saw many young kids in the crowd on TV last night - indeed I commented on it at the start of the match to my missus as a positive sign that things must be changing at Millwall.

This bloke has publicly said sorry. Maybe he was intimidated from acting at the ground. Who knows? What he did do was publicly state his condemnation. And now he's being castigated for it? The phrase "holier than thou" springs to mind. This guy did what he felt he could. That's good enough for me and more than anyone else seems to have done so far, the FA and police included.

This bloke has publicly said sorry. Maybe he was intimidated from acting at the ground. Who knows? What he did do was publicly state his condemnation. And now he's being castigated for it? The phrase "holier than thou" springs to mind. This guy did what he felt he could. That's good enough for me and more than anyone else seems to have done so far, the FA and police included.

Noone is castigating him for it, his apology is a nice gesture but as Hermes said if the majority of Millwall fans were as disgusted as him at the singing that represented their supporters then they should have done something about it. For me this guy is representing himself and not most Millwall fans.....

If we are casting stones (and I don't go to away games so I stand to be corrected) but from what I hear our fans don't boo the Shipman song out of existence. The guy has taken the trouble to write, and I welcome that.

We do boo Munich songs and the condemnation of Shipman songs is becoming more and more widespread.........

I fully accept his appology and it was good of him to write

The reason that the Millwall fans who apposed the chants probably did not boo was through shear fear that they might be attacked by there own hard core element.

I still want Millwall kicked out of football alltogether but that wont happen

They keep denying the chanting, but I've just spoken to John Gallagher who was there, and he says he knows what he heard, and that was songs about Hillsborough. That's good enough for me.

Paphitis is a fucking liar, and so are the other gobshites denying it.

Ever since that major riot in that play off game with Birmingham (another shower of pricks) they've been bricking it. They made attendance at matches a members only affair. They know that the next big embarassment is going to cause them a load of grief ie. fines, ground closure etc. so will do anything to pass the buck for trouble on their patch to the away support. That knobhead chairman knows exactly what went on, and the consequences for his club if they get the book thrown at them by the FA (Fucking Arseholes, who will bottle it as always), so does his best to pass the buck.

The day Millwall are no longer a blot on the landscape, will be a day for celebration.