You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bouy/Spring/Seasons

lifetime fan

Just now, lifetime fan said:

No. That isn’t what I’m saying and your posts show why you failed your counselling course.

Because you don’t fucking listen. 

Which is it mate? Counselling or Psychology? I'm confused as to which one I'm supposed to be not qualified in.

4 minutes ago, Seasons said:

Oh, come on Colin.

I thought you'd have known "Counsellor" isn't a regulated title?

The only title you have is Mrs/Mr. 

That’s my entire point! 

Please do share your experiences, thoughts and opinions. 

Don’t fucking pretend to be a clinician. 

3 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

The only title you have is Mrs/Mr. 

That’s my entire point! 

Please do share your experiences, thoughts and opinions. 

Don’t fucking pretend to be a clinician. 

Some wild assumptions there, cupcake.

But let's work within your logic —

What makes you qualified to discuss the problems within the care system and put forward your thoughts and recommendations on television?

Please post up your HCPC qualifications in social care, Col.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Seasons said:

Some wild assumptions there, cupcake.

But let's work within your logic —

What makes you qualified to discuss the problems within the care system and put forward your thoughts and recommendations on television?

Please post up your HCPC qualifications in social care, Col.

I’ve never claimed to be something I’m not, that’s the fucking point. 

As I've said from the very beginning you should share your experiences, thoughts and opinions. 

What you shouldn’t do is pretend to be a clinician when you’re not. 

25 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I’ve never claimed to be something I’m not, that’s the fucking point. 

As I've said from the very beginning you should share your experiences, thoughts and opinions. 

What you shouldn’t do is pretend to be a clinician when you’re not. 

You went on TV and discussed what you think should change in the social care industry and provided your own recommendations despite any discussion of why such places exist or why industry conditions facilitated and continue to facilitate these examples of abuse. You, whether you agree or not, were the 'expert' in that situation yet you hold no qualifications (it would seem if I assume you were agency/care staff) but found it perfectly acceptable to lay down your thoughts. You have no idea of how that may have impacted care, vulnerable people or families around the country. And yet, despite that, you're on here making assumptions of whether or not I'm qualified to discuss or help people further understand anxiety or depression. Leave it out.

Self help guides are widely used by charities, outreach workers and even care staff like yourself to further their awareness of mental health. They require no qualificaitons, expertise nor do you need to be a clinician or qualified practitioner to reference these. There are zero psychological interventions nor any psychological measures (other than wellbeing tools such as Mindfulness) within these resources and therefore they are ethical and in accordance with BPS/BACP they are completely fine to utilise by anyone.

My intentions within the depression thread were to help prompt people to see psychological therapies or discuss their options with their GP. My background/profession or experience shouldn't come into it and if it has, sound - apologies, speak to your GP if you have any concern or worries about your mental health and do not place your direction/therapeutic intervention solely based on what a Liverpool F.C discussion forum member suggests. Your GP should be the first and final instance of you seeking support if you're completely unsure.

So, back to my first post. If you have any further issue with that, feel free to send me a message. Don't start a petty little thread to air out your hostility.

15 minutes ago, Seasons said:

You went on TV and discussed what you think should change in the social care industry and provided your own recommendations despite any discussion of why such places exist or why industry conditions facilitated and continue to facilitate these examples of abuse. You, whether you agree or not, were the 'expert' in that situation yet you hold no qualifications (it would seem if I assume you were agency/care staff) but found it perfectly acceptable to lay down your thoughts. You have no idea of how that may have impacted care, vulnerable people or families around the country. And yet, despite that, you're on here making assumptions of whether or not I'm qualified to discuss or help people further understand anxiety or depression. Leave it out.

I am not and have never claimed to be an expert. What I have done is spoken about my experiences and given my opinions. 

Exactly as I have said you should.

Only you have tried to label me an expert, no one else. Certainly not me. 

Sir Stephen Bubb is an expert.

I'm not.

Neither are you!

But seeing as you brought up the Panorama programme maybe you would you like to try and show your expertise again? You know, when you tried to make out you knew what you were talking about without the slightest fucking idea. 

17 minutes ago, Seasons said:

Self help guides are widely used by charities, outreach workers and even care staff like yourself to further their awareness of mental health. They require no qualificaitons, expertise nor do you need to be a clinician or qualified practitioner to reference these. There are zero psychological interventions nor any psychological measures (other than wellbeing tools such as Mindfulness) within these resources and therefore they are ethical and in accordance with BPS/BACP they are completely fine to utilise by anyone.

My intentions within the depression thread were to help prompt people to see psychological therapies or discuss their options with their GP. My background/profession or experience shouldn't come into it and if it has, sound - apologies, speak to your GP if you have any concern or worries about your mental health and do not place your direction/therapeutic intervention solely based on what a Liverpool F.C discussion forum member suggests. Your GP should be the first and final instance of you seeking support if you're completely unsure.

There is nothing wrong with referencing self help guides, it can be helpful to a lot of people and signposting these for others who may not know where to find them can be very helpful. 

Copying and pasting large chunks of text from universally and freely available resources and trying to pass it off as your own less so. 

Of course your background and lack of professional qualifications will come into it when you pretend to be something you are not!

That is what is unethical and dangerous.

12 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I am not and have never claimed to be an expert. What I have done is spoken about my experiences and given my opinions. 

Exactly as I have said you should.

Only you have tried to label me an expert, no one else. Certainly not me. 

Sir Stephen Bubb is an expert.

I'm not.

Neither are you!

But seeing as you brought up the Panorama programme maybe you would you like to try and show your expertise again? You know, when you tried to make out you knew what you were talking about without the slightest fucking idea. 

Christ. I don't have time to stoop to this level of immaturity or even energy to explain to you that what you're assuming and trying to articulate is based on what you think/feel. Let's just draw a line under this – I'll put up a message in the depression thread for risk management if you're that concerned.

I won't be commenting further nor contributing to any threads relating to mental health or LD. Genuinely baffled as to why this has come about.

1 minute ago, Seasons said:

Christ. I don't have time to stoop to this level of immaturity or even energy to explain to you that what you're assuming and trying to articulate is based on what you think/feel. Let's just draw a line under this – I'll put up a message in the depression thread for risk management if you're that concerned.

I won't be commenting further nor contributing to any threads relating to mental health or LD. Genuinely baffled as to why this has come about.

You should. Just don't claim to be a clinician. 

2 minutes ago, Seasons said:

Woah, steady on. You can’t give up that easily. We could potentially drag another three or four pages out of this. 

• Upvote 1