You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bouy/Spring/Seasons

lifetime fan

Please stop posting in LD/MH/anxiety threads pretending to be a qualified/clinical professional. 

This site and people who post on here has been a massive support for a great number of posters. 

Knowing others have been through similar situations, can appreciate their fears and weaknesses, can explain how they felt similarly at their lowest point etc. has helped a lot of posters through their worst possible times. 

But someone deliberately giving the impression they're a qualified/clinical professional in threads as important as these is taking the piss and can cause the exact opposite. 

Reading through your posts I believe you have suffered with depression/mental health issues yourself, I also believe you work in the profession (you obviously know where to go to C&P large sections of text), but you're not a qualified, clinical professional and should immediately stop pretending to be so. 

You'd actually have a lot to offer as a fellow forumite. 

This website continues to amaze all of us how posters can go out of their way to support and help others for no benefit to them self. It's incredible and I've probably benefited more than anyone. 

But that advice and support has to be given with honesty and not lies. 

Completely out of the blue this.

If you have an issue with any of my posts or how I have approached topics around mental health or any particular field then please feel free to send me a message.

Starting a thread like this is a little childish, mate.

3 hours ago, Seasons said:

Completely out of the blue this.

If you have an issue with any of my posts or how I have approached topics around mental health or any particular field then please feel free to send me a message.

Starting a thread like this is a little childish, mate.

I don’t need to send you a PM. 

I’ve called you out and made my issue with you very clear. 

Pretending to be something you're not is childish and can be fucking dangerous. 

7 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I don’t need to send you a PM. 

I’ve called you out and made my issue with you very clear. 

Pretending to be something you're not is childish and can be fucking dangerous. 

Amazing stuff.

I'm going to politely decline any further discussion regarding my qualifications and/or profession as frankly it's beyond your concern. I'd like to add however that most of the responses I've made stem from self-help resources widely available on NHS websites. You don't a qualified professional to discuss this.

14 minutes ago, Seasons said:

Amazing stuff.

I'm going to politely decline any further discussion regarding my qualifications and/or profession as frankly it's beyond your concern. I'd like to add however that most of the responses I've made stem from self-help resources widely available on NHS websites. You don't a qualified professional to discuss this.

Of course the text you’ve been C&P on here and trying to pass off as your own is widely available. That’s my point! 

You don't have a clinical qualification to discuss, stop pretending you do. 

Anyone can share experiences and thoughts on MH and depression, it should be encouraged. 

What you can’t do is lead people on and try to make out you’re something you’re very obviously not. 

22 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Of course the text you’ve been C&P on here and trying to pass off as your own is widely available. That’s my point! 

You don't have a clinical qualification to discuss, stop pretending you do. 

Anyone can share experiences and thoughts on MH and depression, it should be encouraged. 

What you can’t do is lead people on and try to make out you’re something you’re very obviously not. 

Let me just get on the same page as you. So, what we are saying here is that nobody should discuss mental health or LD without HCPC registration because it leads people on and is dangerous. Right?

6 minutes ago, Seasons said:

Let me just get on the same page as you. So, what we are saying here is that nobody should discuss mental health or LD without HCPC registration because it leads people on and is dangerous. Right?

No, that’s not what I’m saying and I’ve made that very clear! 

Everyone should be able to to share their fears, anxieties, experiences of depression and MH on here.

What shouldn’t happen is when people are already low in mood, feel very vulnerable and yet are still willing to open up...a poster deliberately mislead them, make out he's something he’s not and pretend to be a clinician. 

Its completely unethical and frankly dangerous. 

Just now, lifetime fan said:

No, that’s not what I’m saying and I’ve made that very clear! 

Everyone should be able to to share their fears, anxieties, experiences of depression and MH on here.

What shouldn’t happen is when people are already low in mood, feel very vulnerable and yet are still willing to open up...a poster deliberately mislead them, make out he's something he’s not and pretend to be a clinician. 

Its completely unethical and frankly dangerous. 

And so, what you're referencing here is anything beyond these experiences/fears (e.g. Self help guides) shouldn't be brought up unless that person is a clinician/qualified? 

16 minutes ago, Seasons said:

And so, what you're referencing here is anything beyond these experiences/fears (e.g. Self help guides) shouldn't be brought up unless that person is a clinician/qualified? 

No. That isn’t what I’m saying and your posts show why you failed your counselling course.

Because you don’t fucking listen.