You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 10 things you own or have owned

Tony Moanero

1. The match ball from a cricket game I took a hat trick in when I was 13. Adult game, at a decent level. Don't think I quite realised the magnitude of it at the time. Some old fella that used to play for Lancashire in the 50s and 60s said he had taken two in two over 70 times in his career but never a hat trick. I think he was proud and resentful in equal measure.

2. Similar note to above, trophy for being motm in a cup final when I was about 15. Four for, and 50 from about half as many balls. Including hitting an enormous six to win it in the last over.

3. My SNES. 7th birthday present. Wish I had one now actually.

4. The old east German commie coat I bought in Berlin on a college history trip. It was -15 degrees and I was both toasty as fuck and looking utterly immense (almost certainly ridiculous and slightly offensive).

5. My current pair of Adidas Hamburg. They really are incredibly comfortable. 

6. Current laptop. Bought one with a 14 inch screen and wish I had done the same with all laptops I've bought. Feels considerably less cumbersome and I have actually stopped twatting into stuff in my house. I'm a clumsy cunt and would regularly take chunks out of the walls.

7. A hat I had when I was about three. It was basically a Postman Pat bowler hat. As you can imagine it looked phenomenal. Sadly I don't have photographic evidence. 

8. My copy of Ultimate Soccer Manager. Think it came out in 1994. So I was hammering the management games at the age of 8. I remember Shearer being the most valuable player on the game. He was worth 5m.

9. Chess set I had when I was about 11. It was pretty shit to be honest, but I have good memories of my old man teaching me how to play. Think it probably sparked my interest in poker a few years later 

10. A set of cufflinks left to me by my great uncle. They're nothing special, and I think I've worn them once, but he was an exceptional human and it reminds me of him when I see them.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, A Red said:

How does one manage with only 3 shitters? I've got 8.

Well, I sometimes shit on the floor so I've really got unlimited shitters. 

In all seriousness, three is fairly standard these days in new builds it seems to me. A downstairs toilet, a full bathroom and an ensuite. Remember the days when one had to go upstairs to the nearest toilet, seems inhumane now. 

1. A signed boxing glove from Jane LA Motta. I took it to the Devonshire hotel when he was a guest speaker. I took it up with my program to get signed. His agent said no to him signing it but Jake La Motta pushed his hand out of the way and said "of course I'll fucking sign it". Probably admiring my cheek at taking a boxing glove on a night out and waiting all night for it to be signed. 

2. A signed shirt from the 1984 European Cup winning squad. My Uncle was reserve team manager at Liverpool at the time and got it after we went to see a reserve game. Even got a tour of the boot room before he gave me it. I've turned down about ten offers to sell it.

3. The extension on my house. Had it built for my son with an adapted bathroom. Made my house feel twice as big and has helped his quality of life considerably. I couldn't imagine being without it now. 

4. My old car. Was commuting up and down to Cambridge every week on the train and I bought a BMW off some fella who was desperate to sell as he was going abroad.  Easiest car I've ever driven and I got a proper bargain. 

5. A set of steel goalposts. We used to play footy on the field at the bottom of our road against loads of lads in the area. My dad worked in a steel company and got a set of goalposts made, slightly bigger than hockey goals so it was harder to score in them. Our record match was about 19 a side and one lasted 3 and a half hours. Managed to rob 2 full sized goal nets so stretched them back with stanchions to make them look like Real Zaragoza's massive goal nets.

6. My first house, it might have been a 2 up 2 down terrace in a shite area and shared with my lazy brother but I was desperate to leave home. 

7. A plaque with the lyrics to Strawberry fields on. Went to the Strawberry fields memorial in New York and a hippy woman who had a never ending John Lennon vigil gave me the plaque when she recognised my accent. 

8. A photo collage of most of the places I've been to around the world. Always brings back great memories when I look at it. 

9. A striker bike that I owned when I was eight. Literally never stopped playing on it from the moment I got in. 

10. A ring my Mrs bought me on our first year anniversary and she gave me it when we went back to the place we got married in. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DimReaper said:

Well, I sometimes shit on the floor so I've really got unlimited shitters. 

In all seriousness, three is fairly standard these days in new builds it seems to me. A downstairs toilet, a full bathroom and an ensuite. Remember the days when one had to go upstairs to the nearest toilet, seems inhumane now. 

6 of mine are the garden. But yes, the thought of climbing the stairs to relieve oneself is positively frightening

Not in any sort of order:

1. My record collection. As I virtually never add to it anymore I see it as one thing. 

2. My phone. I still love the fact that it has everything you need and it fits in your pocket. 

3. My car. Only nice car with plenty of creature comforts I’ve ever had. 

4. My kindle. Great device. I read constantly and this makes it much more convenient as well as cheaper to do so. 

5. My wedding ring. 

6. Favourite picture of the four of us on holiday in Spain, blown up on canvas. 

7. Sky Q box. I still love telly and this makes it much easier to catch everything you want to watch and avoid the shit you don’t, like adverts. 

8. Home. D’uh. 

9. My Guardian subscription. I still love reading the paper everyday, despite how out-dated that concept feels now. 

10. My season ticket. 

Reading that back, I’ve quite surprised myself that it’s not a list of nostalgic “things”; it’s more just the stuff that either reflects or facilitates my life and its small pleasures. I guess that shows I’m pretty content with my lot. Sound.  

• Upvote 3

In no order. 

My first ever drum kit - it's not used anymore and left in cases but I'll never sell it. Spent thousands of hours on that thing growing up and defined my childhood and was a gateway to a music obsession.

My Ludwig Black Beauty Snare Drum. One hell of a versatile drum and my 'go to' snare in the studio.

21" Sabian Vanguard ride - The ultimate versatile ride cymbal. 

Driving License - Best thing I finally got round to doing. Love now being able to drive us both around and the freedom it's given me. Driving the other half and the dogs to Cornwall shortly for a holiday, going to 'nip out' today and visit my brother and my neice. Brilliant.

Our Dogs - Absolutely love the little gits. Have really added to the house since getting them last year and love going out on walks with them. Best part of my day.

Our Home - Where we live, obviously 

My Kindle - I read a lot and this thing goes most places with me, always said I'll never go digital but since getting it I love having an entire library's worth of books with me at all times. Best gadget I own and I pack it before my phone, tablet...etc

Unique oil painting we bought from an artist in Havana, Cuba. Now framed and hung and I love walking past it each day and remembering that holiday. 

Signed and Framed squad shirt, given to me by the club when working with them. Nice keepsake from that period that hangs proudly in our home. 

Sonos One speaker. Linked to most devices in our house, plays all of our music, podcasts and films. It's constantly on and in use.

• Upvote 1