You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 10 things you own or have owned

Tony Moanero

Great thread

(1) My current car, purely because every other one I've ever had was shite and this one works. 

(2) SNES - was the first in my school to have one, I waited while they all got Mega Drives. Needless to say, i had the last laugh.

(3) Playstation - was late to the party with this but it was brilliant. FFVII, Colony Wars, Tomb Raider. What an era. 

(4) My Tissot watch. Had it about seven years, real quality stainless steel effort, understated watch in terms of design but it's so fucking heavy I hardly wear it now.

(5) My Star Wars Scoutwalker. I din't often get good Christmas presents, not just because we were skint but because my mum had and has really bad taste,  but this was her moment in the sun, remember how excited I was seeing it in the bottom of the Crimbo sack with 'Return of the Jedi' written on the box.

(6) Old British Rail pocket watch my granddad gave me before he died, he was a guard on the railway for years. I keep it in my drawer. 

(7) My wedding ring. It took my 33 years to meet a woman that wasn't a complete cunt and it was worth the wait.

(8) My first PC. Got it in about 2,000 when they were about 1,500 quid. I'd started an IT degree and was fed up of being the last person in Uni well into the evening so used an overdraft to buy it. Put loads of research into it and had it built, so it was much better than what you'd have got in somewhere like Curry's at the time. Probably the third most expensive thing I've ever owned.   

(9) My house. Was never fussed on the idea of owning but just wanted to live somewhere reasonably quiet and peaceful, and buying one was the easiest way to not have the hassle of feeling like I could put down roots and still get turfed out by some twat landlord. I've lived in rented property with such landlords and it wasn't nice. So  that feels nice in all honesty.

(10) My press card. Symbolises quite a bit of hard graft I've put in over the years and it allowed me to set my mate  up with an interview with Chris Barry once at a convention. 

• Upvote 4

1. My Ludwig Vistalite 1974 drum kit, I miss it so much

2. My Slingerland root beer sparkle 1976 drum kit

3. My harrington

4. My Adidas Kolns

5. My delux Tony Williams Lifetime, Turn it Over CD. Rare as fuck.

6. My old Atari Lynx

7. My karate man toy I had when I was a kid

8. My signed Ian Rush ball

9. My '87/88 Adidas Liverpool trackie, I never had that thing off

10. My house, I can't believe I have a house with two shitters

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Mook said:

1. My Ludwig Vistalite 1974 drum kit, I miss it so much

2. My Slingerland root beer sparkle 1976 drum kit

3. My harrington

4. My Adidas Kolns

5. My delux Tony Williams Lifetime, Turn it Over CD. Rare as fuck.

6. My old Atari Lynx

7. My karate man toy I had when I was a kid

8. My signed Ian Rush ball

9. My '87/88 Adidas Liverpool trackie, I never had that thing off

10. My house, I can't believe I have a house with two shitters

Repped. I knew you would pick your Kolns, and it was a toss up between a Harrington jacket and a polo shirt. That trackie was brilliant.

A5A36E02-8893-478D-A9CC-6185D035FC9C.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1. House, which has THREE shitters

2. NES with about 30 games in boxes with instruction manuals, gun and the weird robot 

3. Orbis World Cup 90 binder/sticker album - complete

4. Old blue teddy bear I've had since I was born

5. Marvel Super Hero/Super Villain Top Trumps

6. Big bag of 80s/90s football shirts

7. Revolving CD rack filled with about 400 CDs

8. Photos

9. Liverpool Husky drinks fridge

10. Can't really think of anything else so I suppose my car, which I've just got recently, though I'm not big into cars

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

California Games for the Atari Lynx was ace. As was Gauntlet.

I used to play the ice hockey non-stop, it was magic the Atari Lynx but died a death because everyone bought game boys & game gears.

• Upvote 1

1. Vic 20. My first computer.

2. Spectrum 48k. My second computer.

3. Action Man Deep Sea Diver.

4. Dinobot transformers.

5. Millennium Falcon 

6. Gibson Thunderbird Bass

7. My first PC which was a Pentium 2 400. 

8. My current car. It's starting to get a bit ropey now, but it was ace when I first got it.

9. Ampeg 8x10 bass cab.

10. PS2.

• Upvote 2

Great thread!

1 - My car. I have a decent car and appreciate it a lot. My family never had a car so it's great to be able to give that luxury to my son.

2 - My house. Like others, I can't believe I have a house with more than 1 toilet. Crazy stuff!

3 - Sega Mega Drive. Hours and hours of fun with my mates and my brother. I love gaming.

4 - Rep of Ireland 1990 world cup shirt. I got a kit out of Primark in the lead up to the world cup that my folks bought me. The next day my uncle arrived up with the real thing. I'll never forget the excitement. 6 years of age and my life was complete.

5 - Handheld LCD racing car game. I had it when I was about 7 or 8. I never left it out of my hand, until I dropped it down the toilet.

6 - 1996 LFC cricket collar shirt with Fowler on the back. I needed an operation to remove it.

7 - My collection of signed boxing gloves. GGG, Barrera, La Motta, Cotto, Sergio Martinez, Roy Jones JR, Tyson Fury, Floyd Mayweather.

8 - Signed Robbie Fowler shirt (and book)

9 - Signed Kenny Dalglish book

10 - My music collection. Something I'll treasure until I die.

• Upvote 2