You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best and worst endings of TV programmes

Sugar Ape

1 hour ago, davelfc* said:

Life on Mars

I'm sure I read that not was supposed to be one series, then they quickly changed it so they could stretch another series out of it. That may not be correct of course but it would help to explain why the second series and the ending was fucking shit. 

The second series and ending are boss, in my opinion.

6 hours ago, davelfc* said:

Life on Mars

I'm sure I read that not was supposed to be one series, then they quickly changed it so they could stretch another series out of it. That may not be correct of course but it would help to explain why the second series and the ending was fucking shit. 

LOM was supposed to be one series of 8 episodes only. But it got recommissioned for a second series before the first had been shown.

The key to the original ending is the first thing that Sam Tyler sees when he wakes up. He sees his shoe buckle, grass, and trees etc. This is part of the ending of series 1 when he realises he had seen his dad savagely attack a woman and he had suppressed the memory and hence why he was so emotionally closed down in 2006. He works this out in his coma dream and then wakes up etc.

They changed it to him waking up and committing suicide. Quite a good ending but not brilliant

• Upvote 1

Great Ending

The Americans. So understated and perfect

Mash
Person of Interest

Cheers

That 70s Show

Shit endings

Life on Mars (US Version) 
Ashes to Ashes. Though it was shit alround

Mad Men

Only Fools And Horses

Scrubs

You're The Worst

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

Michael C Hall has been involved in both one of the best endings (Six Feet Under) and worst (Dexter).

I was going to say Dexter, although it had been rapidly heading downhill since series 5 anyway.