You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best and worst endings of TV programmes

Sugar Ape

11 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

The ending to Postman Pat was rubbish and absolutely gutting. Sent down for robbing postal orders and money out of birthday cards? Fuck off!

Think that was the adult channel version- Postman in my twat 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I liked the ending to Justified as well. Also, Kingdom had a shocking, brutal final. Loved that show.

Banshee wasn’t bad either.

Yeah Kingdom was brilliant, totally unexpected the way it went but very well done.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Did you ever watch Kingdom @Lee909? It’d be right up your street.

No, I never find time to watch series these days. That's the MMA one? 

If so it's a bit down the list. Pretty bored of all the bullshit around MMA these days. Blame the Irish tattoo'd dickhead and his nuthuggers for ruining it. 

Believe it or not I've never watched one episode of Sharpe so just bought the box set and I'm starting that and Vikings this weekend while I start glueing and painting a load of new wargames miniatures 

The office was a killer ending, it had everything including the perfect amount of sentiment.

Even when I watch it now I can't get over how good it is, Gervais has spent the rest of his life trying to recreate that level of genius & never got close.

Blackadder is another great shout.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

No, I never find time to watch series these days. That's the MMA one? 

If so it's a bit down the list. Pretty bored of all the bullshit around MMA these days. Blame the Irish tattoo'd dickhead and his nuthuggers for ruining it. 

Believe it or not I've never watched one episode of Sharpe so just bought the box set and I'm starting that and Vikings this weekend while I start glueing and painting a load of new wargames miniatures 

I’m no MMA aficionado but I don’t think Kingdom is set at the same level as McGregor etc...

It’s more local LA scene. It’s fucking brilliant thought, you definitely should give it a go.

2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I’m no MMA aficionado but I don’t think Kingdom is set at the same level as McGregor etc...

It’s more local LA scene. It’s fucking brilliant thought, you definitely should give it a go.

It's worth it for Keith alone.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Mook said:

The office was a killer ending, it had everything including the perfect amount of sentiment.

Even when I watch it now I can't get over how good it is, Gervais has spent the rest of his life trying to recreate that level of genius & never got close.

Blackadder is another great shout.

Everything I see Gervais in is another version of Brent. Even when hes being interviewed on something like The One Show.

Its a shame but I dont think it will ever be brought back  

• 11 months later...

I'm coming to the end of The Sopranos (probably about 7 episodes to go of the marathon last season) and one thing I can't work out:

Was the weight gain specifically for the character of Anthony Soprano or was it a case of James Gandolphini putting on weight as part of his life? I know you see him eat a lot so I assume it's a character development but was that intentional or was that circumstantial?

I think he just gained weight. They had a lot of actors in mind for tony but on the audition he had to have an altercation with Chris and gandolfini picked him up off the floor so they had their guy. The guy who played Jackie was considered as well as Ray liotta and the guy who played richie

12 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

"Deadwood" was amongst my worst.

I loved that show, the group of characters was fantastic. Great new character after great new character. I didn't want any of them to die, even the worst of the villains.

And it petered out like an old man's piss.

Don't think it was planned as a last episode 

Life on Mars

I'm sure I read that not was supposed to be one series, then they quickly changed it so they could stretch another series out of it. That may not be correct of course but it would help to explain why the second series and the ending was fucking shit.