You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 10 Favourite Kid’s Television Programmes

Tony Moanero

10 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Repped. I loved all of those (completely forgot about Rentaghost) bar Why Don’t You. I absolutely loathed that. “Why don’t you just switch off your television set and go out and do something less boring instead?” Damn right I did, or I’d have put my boot through the telly and not have been able to watch any of the boss stuff.

I had a love hate relationship with Why Dont You.

It could be boring but occasionally they would cut some cardboard up and make stuff with glue.

Which was ace

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Thunderbirds.

Stingray.

Fireball XL5.

Animaniacs/Pinky and The Brain.

Grange Hill(Early Years)

DangerMouse.

Can't remember much else as I was usually out of the house doing stuff like kids used to do.

Smashing up phoneboxes no doubt

8 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Can't remember much else as I was usually out of the house doing stuff like kids used to do.

Oh, yes, I suppose things were pretty marvellous in 'the good old days'. Four year old kiddies digging coal! Three year old kiddies digging coal as well as the four year old kiddies. I suppose you think that was the limit, don't you? Well I've got news for you. I think old people are really boring. And the only reason you don't understand our music is because you don't like it!

• Upvote 3

Most of those already mentioned. Robinson Crusoe and White Horses intros definitely nostalgia overload.

Also (if not already mentioned)

Paddington

Marine Boy

UFO

Pipkins

Pogles Wood

Banana Splits

Animal Magic

Tomorrow People

Any Looney Tunes cartoon

Shaun the Sheep

2 hours ago, DimReaper said:

Oh, yes, I suppose things were pretty marvellous in 'the good old days'. Four year old kiddies digging coal! Three year old kiddies digging coal as well as the four year old kiddies. I suppose you think that was the limit, don't you? Well I've got news for you. I think old people are really boring. And the only reason you don't understand our music is because you don't like it!

I-want-to-send-a-telegram

On 23/05/2019 at 16:51, DimReaper said:

You've got me mixed up with Stringy. At least I had a couple of hours of rest before goin' down t'mine to start work,he had to prepare a Roman Orgy as soon as he popped out.

On 24/05/2019 at 17:39, CrownPaints said:

Rocket Man (was on Saturday mornings before Swap Shop I think)

Rhubarb & Custard

Grange Hill

Space 1999

Captain Caveman

Take Hart

Educating Marmalade

Press Gang

Knight Rider

No. 73

Quantum Leap

Captain Caveman!!!!

How could I forget that