You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When is Violence Justified?

2 hours ago, A Red said:

So you are guessing or making your own interpretation of the law

I'm not talking about the law. I'm talking about the concept of violence. 

As I've already said, just because something is against the law, doesn’t mean it's violence. 

A legal definition of common assault and a dictionary definition of violence are not the same thing. The former would probably include swilling someone with a cold drink; the latter wouldn’t. 

14 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'm not talking about the law. I'm talking about the concept of violence. 

As I've already said, just because something is against the law, doesn’t mean it's violence. 

A legal definition of common assault and a dictionary definition of violence are not the same thing. The former would probably include swilling someone with a cold drink; the latter wouldn’t. 

Ahh, now im with you! You know its against the law, you just disagree with it because its not included in a dictionary definition. What type of fucking dictionary, when defining violence, would include chucking drinks or ramming a feather duster up someones arse against their will for that matter?

So, do you want the law changed to include these things? You quoted gandhi, luther king etc earlier, is it a comparable cause to theirs?  How far are you prepared to go to get it changed? 

No matter how big a guy might be, Nicky would take him on. You beat Nicky with fists, he comes back with a bat. You beat him with a knife, he comes back with a gun. And if you beat him with a gun, you better kill him, because he'll keep comin' back and back until one of you is dead.

4 minutes ago, A Red said:

No matter how big a guy might be, Nicky would take him on. You beat Nicky with fists, he comes back with a bat. You beat him with a knife, he comes back with a gun. And if you beat him with a gun, you better kill him, because he'll keep comin' back and back until one of you is dead.

I doubt Farage is going to squash someone’s head like a watermelon in a vice, or hit someone with a phone until they can’t fit their cowboy head back on, to be honest.

3 minutes ago, A Red said:

Your makin a big fucking spectacle of yourself 

32 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

I doubt Farage is going to squash someone’s head like a watermelon in a vice, or hit someone with a phone until they can’t fit their cowboy head back on, to be honest.

I doubt it too. Yaxley Lennons idiots might though

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

But the context is everything.  A kid throwing  milkshake in a food fight at a kids party does it with the consent of the others.  A man throwing a drink at another in order to intimidate them or prevent them from expressing their views is an act of violence.   Mens rea and all that.  Just as if I spill my drink on someone the outcome is the same (someone covered in milkshake) but I have no intent.   

Exactly it is. 

Which is why it’s a bit silly when people go on about “what if twenty big smelly blokes followed a woman, then milkshaked her?” As if that proves the point that actions are the same.

Yes indeed, that would be a violent act.

A pompous authoritarian racist politician gets a milkshake poured on them, whilst not something I really agree with, is more of an act of ridicule and political comment rather than violence.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Exactly it is. 

Which is why it’s a bit silly when people go on about “what if twenty big smelly blokes followed a woman, then milkshaked her?” As if that proves the point that actions are the same.

A pompous authoritarian racist politician gets a milkshake poured on them, whilst not something I really agree with, is more of an act of ridicule and political comment rather than violence.

So it’s the ‘victim’ that defines the crime?  So if it’s a person you decide is ‘bad’ then it’s not violent.  Can’t you see the issue there? 

14 minutes ago, A Red said:

I'm only in this thread because I gotta be able to hang around the forum. You understand that. You know that. Come on.

Listen to me very carefully. There are three ways of doing things around here: the right way, the wrong way, and the way that Tony Moanero does it. You understand?

9 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Exactly it is. 

They obviously haven't been on the Kate Upton thread 

14 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Listen to me very carefully. There are three ways of doing things around here: the right way, the wrong way, and the way that Tony Moanero does it. You understand?

I want you to exit Tony Moanero off the forum, I want you to exit him off his feet and i want you to use his head to open the fucking door

3 minutes ago, A Red said:

I want you to exit Tony Moanero off the forum, I want you to exit him off his feet and i want you to use his head to open the fucking door

Get this through your head you Jew motherfucker, you. You only exist out here because of Tony. That's the only reason. Without Tony, you, personally, every fuckin' wise guy skell around'll take a piece of your fuckin' Jew ass. Then where you gonna go? You're fuckin' warned. Don't ever go over Tonys fuckin' head again. You motherfucker, you.

30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Get this through your head you Jew motherfucker, you. You only exist out here because of Tony. That's the only reason. Without Tony, you, personally, every fuckin' wise guy skell around'll take a piece of your fuckin' Jew ass. Then where you gonna go? You're fuckin' warned. Don't ever go over Tonys fuckin' head again. You motherfucker, you.

Ok