You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When is Violence Justified?

6 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I've just re-read the egg assault on the Corbyn thread (March 2019).  The part where A Red says he should have been hit multiple times with hard-boiled eggs until he was unconscious is shocking.  

I think I might have used the word scrambled as an attempt in egg based humour

Or there again i might not 

1 hour ago, moof said:

He was punched in the head. Which is apparently enough to cause brain haemorrhaging, these days 

You seem to be perfectly fine with him being punched in the head repeatedly for minding his own business. 

6 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Anne Widdecombe is on The Crystal Maze.

Violence is justified. 

Richard A is giving her a hard time. On the physical where she had to throw bean bags at a target he said ‘Pretend it’s a Marxist.  Or someone who believes in social justice’  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, A Red said:

Well, thats news to me, a retractable neck and a grandad. You really need to work on the tough guy talk, i saw you used the word dweeb the other day. Fucking hell.

Did you march today dickwad? 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Did you march today dickwad?  

Of course I did, though I looked a bit of a knob marching down Penzance high street on my own.

Was one of your older relations a painter and decorator in the Aigburth area?

• Upvote 1

On 21/05/2019 at 04:51, Red Phoenix said:

I said "mainly", but there's loads of grey areas too I think. One that comes to mind is if we get to a situation in the future where it's widely accepted that we're almost fucked (as in it's accepted that our time has basically ran out unless we do something in that moment) for saving the environment I accept violence to eject workers from a polluting factory/workplace (say an oil company) so that the place can be destroyed if that's what activists choose to do.

Not mindless running in and beating people up, just basically getting them out of the place by force if needed so the place can be destroyed. That to me is trying to defend the species of the planet basically though, and is clearly an extreme situation. Hopefully we can avoid ever getting to that stage.

I think the grey area is arriving much quicker than we might have imagined....