You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When is Violence Justified?

4 minutes ago, Hand Shandy said:

It's not that hard a question is it?

If Nazis took over would I protest? 

Probably not to be honest, I’d protest before they took over but once they were in I’d leave. 

If Communists took over would you protest? 

49 minutes ago, A Red said:

It doesn't matter

I'm in a good mood, getting ready for a weekend away on the piss, I dont want to argue with you. 

Bit slippery..... slippery dipperryy if I might add snarf snarf 

20 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

If Nazis took over would I protest? 

Probably not to be honest, I’d protest before they took over but once they were in I’d leave. 

If Communists took over would you protest? 

Outstanding answer, entirely inkeeping with your attitude that what happens to other people doesn't really matter as long as you're alright. Well done for maintaining your famous 'consistency'.

To what level would you be prepared to take your protest before they came to power? Would you resort to violence to prevent them coming to power? Given the precedent set by the Nazis, if another party started making similar noises in terms of policy, how far would you be prepared to go?

Re the Communists taking over - I'm unsure why you're asking me that question, given I've never expressed any particular preference towards communism.

However, in light of the previous precedents set by many of the 'governments' claiming to be communist, I'd certainly have my concerns...  

32 minutes ago, Hand Shandy said:

Outstanding answer, entirely inkeeping with your attitude that what happens to other people doesn't really matter as long as you're alright. Well done for maintaining your famous 'consistency'.

To what level would you be prepared to take your protest before they came to power? Would you resort to violence to prevent them coming to power? Given the precedent set by the Nazis, if another party started making similar noises in terms of policy, how far would you be prepared to go?

Re the Communists taking over - I'm unsure why you're asking me that question, given I've never expressed any particular preference towards communism.

However, in light of the previous precedents set by many of the 'governments' claiming to be communist, I'd certainly have my concerns...  

1) Why would anyone stay once Nazis were in power

2) Surely it’s too late once they are in? 

3) what are your views on people who left Nazi Germany before the war? Are they selfish? Are they to be condemned? 

14 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

3) what are your views on people who left Nazi Germany before the war? Are they selfish? Are they to be condemned? 

I don't know about you, but personally I would stay and get gassed.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

You're very good at asking questions, less good at answering them, and you appear to be trying to turn this into a discussion about history rather than what I've asked you.

However, as you've asked...

1) Fuck knows, but they did. Many people don't have the economic means to change their circumstances so dramatically, but I suppose in your world that's their problem. I'd rather they didn't get into power in the first place.

2) Not quite sure why you're asking this, or which part of my response it relates to. But yes it is - I suppose it would be another excuse for you not to do anything.

3) Are they selfish? No, because everyone has a sense of self-preservation. Anyone who could see what was coming and had the means and opportunity to get out would have been daft not to. However, you're talking about before the war, when they're already in power. Those people who stood by and let Hitler take control of Germany and then legged it - yes, I would say they should, at the very least, take a long hard look at what they created before leaving everyone else to pick up the pieces.

Any chance of responding to what I actually asked you?   

3 minutes ago, Hand Shandy said:

You're very good at asking questions, less good at answering them, and you appear to be trying to turn this into a discussion about history rather than what I've asked you.

However, as you've asked...

1) Fuck knows, but they did. Many people don't have the economic means to change their circumstances so dramatically, but I suppose in your world that's their problem. I'd rather they didn't get into power in the first place.

2) Not quite sure why you're asking this, or which part of my response it relates to. But yes it is - I suppose it would be another excuse for you not to do anything.

3) Are they selfish? No, because everyone has a sense of self-preservation. Anyone who could see what was coming and had the means and opportunity to get out would have been daft not to. However, you're talking about before the war, when they're already in power. Those people who stood by and let Hitler take control of Germany and then legged it - yes, I would say they should, at the very least, take a long hard look at what they created before leaving everyone else to pick up the pieces.

Any chance of responding to what I actually asked you?   

Wackamole 

You asked if I’d resort to violence, I think that’s the only question. The answer is no. Because I don’t think it works.  When the state has machine guns and I have a flag I’d weigh up the odds. 

I’d get the fuck out of dodge. Early fucking doors. 

Would you stay? Would you fight? If you say yes are you better than me? 

29 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Some people would call them economic migrants. 

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Wackamole 

You asked if I’d resort to violence, I think that’s the only question. The answer is no. Because I don’t think it works.  When the state has machine guns and I have a flag I’d weigh up the odds. 

I’d get the fuck out of dodge. Early fucking doors. 

Would you stay? Would you fight? If you say yes are you better than me? 

The fuck are you on about, wackamole?

What I'm trying to get to the crux of is would you stand by and let an organisation/political party reach a position of power in this country standing on a platform based on division and hatred, or would you do something about it?

I've specifically stated, on a number of occasions, that I'm talking about before they take power.

Apparently the answer is yes you would stand by, and you'd just fuck off somewhere else.

In which case, I'm quite happy to say that I'm better than you.