You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When is Violence Justified?

17 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I meant you guys as a collective obviously. Not going to trawl through old posts.

Come on, dont be a gobshite. Its not that far to go back through this thread, if they're there you'll easily find them, otherwise have the balls to take it back.

Look, we all say stuff thats wrong, I know I have, you're no less a person for admitting it.

3 minutes ago, A Red said:

Come on, dont be a gobshite. Its not that far to go back through this thread, if they're there you'll easily find them, otherwise have the balls to take it back.

Look, we all say stuff thats wrong, I know I have, you're no less a person for admitting it.

As I said it in an earlier post to Rico, you can just deny it if you want. Anything I find would just be passed off as banter anyway.

40 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Not especially, but only because the list of things I care about is short and getting progressively shorter with time.

I would still think an assault to be unacceptable, regardless of who was on the receiving end.

Yeah most would if they took a step back and think that the victim is somebody’s husband/wife/father/daughter/etc. I believe who the victim is matters though e.g., the left leaning posters would show more empathy towards Diane Abbott for example than the right leaning posters. Whereas the right leaning posters would probably show a bit more empathy for Thatcher than the left leaning posters. I think that’s normal and expected. Don’t you?

23 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Yeah most would if they took a step back and think that the victim is somebody’s husband/wife/father/daughter/etc. I believe who the victim is matters though e.g., the left leaning posters would show more empathy towards Diane Abbott for example than the right leaning posters. Whereas the right leaning posters would probably show a bit more empathy for Thatcher than the left leaning posters. I think that’s normal and expected. Don’t you?

No, your reaction can be partisan, the law can’t. 

33 minutes ago, Hand Shandy said:

Kinda depends who's making the laws really, doesn't it?

The Nazis introduced a number of 'partisan' laws - would you protest, or even consider violence, if the elected government in this country (whoever it may be) started to implement similar legislation?

Are you suggesting the UK and US are Nazi governments?