You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When is Violence Justified?

10 minutes ago, Boss said:

It is disagreements in world view though, that's precisely what it is. Besides the word fascist is so nebulous and that's compounded further by nobody wanting to define it. What is a fascist to you?

Alright, I’m a reasonable guy, if it offends you so much I’ll stop calling them “fascists” - they’re just old men going about their day, not threatening anyone, just guys that have a “different worldview” 

fuck me sideways 

Just now, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Surely - to quote Smeg and the Heads - that'd be crypto-fascist?

Yeah, the cheerleaders and sympathisers would be crypto fascists. The ones out there marching through towns, attacking innocent people and murdering them and advocating for genocide and elimination of certain groups from society are called “people with a different worldview”

1 hour ago, Boss said:

The men that fought and died in D-Day are not the type of men that would throw a milkshake at Nigel Farage or attack old people from behind with metal pipes. I can tell you that based on nothing.

Fixed it.

You'll probably find that the sort of lawless hooligans who were lobbing bricks at that fine upstanding Mr Moseley in the 30s were among the first in line to fight Hitler and Mussolini.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TK421 said:

It makes you a fascist sympathiser.  Also your views on Brexit, women, etc.  It's all a bit alt-righty (fascist). 

I don't sympathise with either side. I think both sides are frankly dickheads. What I object to is violence being committed because that person is a "fascist". By your own reasoning more than 50% of the UK population are fascists because they voted for Brexit. 

24 minutes ago, Boss said:

It is disagreements in world view though, that's precisely what it is. Besides the word fascist is so nebulous and that's compounded further by nobody wanting to define it. What is a fascist to you?

It isn't a nebulous or subjective term. It's a clearly defined one.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fascism

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It isn't a nebulous or subjective term. It's a clearly defined one.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fascism

It's nebulous because every person has a different definition of it. You think it's fine to throw milkshakes at politicians. moof thinks it's fine to hit people on the head with metal bars who disagree with him. TK thinks i'm a fascist because i'm not a feminist - which means that 93% of the country are also fascists. That's the point. It's totally arbitrary. 

1 minute ago, Boss said:

It's nebulous because every person has a different definition of it. You think it's fine to throw milkshakes at politicians. moof thinks it's fine to hit people on the head with metal bars who disagree with him. TK thinks i'm a fascist because i'm not a feminist - which means that 93% of the country are also fascists. That's the point. It's totally arbitrary. 

Stop fuckin crying about it, snowflake. 

2 minutes ago, Boss said:

It isn't. 

You can argue that the term is misused - you can point to the definition and say "I don't believe in all that stuff, therefore I'm not Fascist " - but it's just factually incorrect to claim that the term is nebulous. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Boss said:

I don't sympathise with either side. I think both sides are frankly dickheads. What I object to is violence being committed because that person is a "fascist". By your own reasoning more than 50% of the UK population are fascists because they voted for Brexit. 

Right, but you stick up for the fascists more.  There is a noticeable lack of concern about all matters lefty.

I reckon 50% is probably about right.  It certainly seems that way.  The Daily Mail, for example, is the best selling newspaper and they are right fascist so-and-sos.  Extrapolate that to the population as a whole and you have your 50%, or thereabouts.

4 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Right, but you stick up for the fascists more.  There is a noticeable lack of concern about all matters lefty.

I reckon 50% is probably about right.  It certainly seems that way.  The Daily Mail, for example, is the best selling newspaper and they are right fascist so-and-sos.  Extrapolate that to the population as a whole and you have your 50%, or thereabouts.

So would you endorse violence against this 50% seeing as you think they're fascists?

Just now, Boss said:

So would you endorse violence against this 50% seeing as you think they're fascists?

I'd prefer them to die of natural causes, such as old age or grizzly bear attack.  

But if push comes to a shove, and they're up for a dust-up, I'll be ready.

Just now, TK421 said:

I'd prefer them to die of natural causes, such as old age or grizzly bear attack.  

But if push comes to a shove, and they're up for a dust-up, I'll be ready.

Ultimately, it's just about Brexit, isn't it? 

13 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Some right old put their money where their mouth is scrappers on here.

I never realised Internet forums were such a preserve of the alpha-male.

Who the fuck are you to say that?

You want some?

YOU WANT SOME???