You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When is Violence Justified?

15 hours ago, moof said:

So they don’t get fired from their jobs? Most of them actually have real jobs and are not grifters who make their living from patreon donations

Would you do that? Would you hit an old man over the head with a metal pipe because he disagreed with your world view?

All this talk of justifying beating people up, assaults and wishing people dead or having serious accidents is just silly internet waffle. In most cases the people spouting this nonsense would shit themselves at the first sign of trouble

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Boss said:

Would you do that? Would you hit an old man over the head with a metal pipe because he disagreed with your world view?

I personally wouldn’t do it myself, but I wouldn’t try very hard if at all to stop someone else from swinging at fascists.

19 minutes ago, A Red said:

All this talk of justifying beating people up, assaults and wishing people dead or having serious accidents is just silly internet waffle. In most cases the people spouting this nonsense would shit themselves at the first sign of trouble

Yet these fascists would,and sometimes do.

Guest Pistonbroke
56 minutes ago, A Red said:

It's also the shit internet waffle which leads to a lot of trouble. People who would normally be timid find themselves in a large group of self minded folk, a large group will always have a few bad eggs looking for trouble and whipping up hatred which then escalates. They then watch on as others turn violent and face the consequences. All planned to gain media sympathy and support. 

1 hour ago, A Red said:

Very true, sometimes though there are people out there that are easily influenced.

There does seem to be a disconnect between silly internet waffle from one side of the argument and the other side. One is generally taken seriously and police involved and the other it's dismissed as silly internet waffle. This isn't a dig at anyone here, just a massive hypocrisy that exists. 

1 hour ago, A Red said:

I'm not sure that's relevant. Take, for example, the D-Day landings; I'd class them as justified violence, but I probably would have run like shit if someone had ordered me onto a landing craft.

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'm not sure that's relevant. Take, for example, the D-Day landings; I'd class them as justified violence, but I probably would have run like shit if someone had ordered me onto a landing craft.

Doesn't that depend on what you're are fighting for? These people had seen for years the destructive power of the enemy, I think if you realised your family could be in jeopardy then you might think differently. I'm not saying you wouldn't be terrified, you would. 

Unfortunately, propaganda is an art these days, the media can bend minds very easily. An enemy is whoever they decide it is and whoever they put up for the two minutes of hate. 

11 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The men that fought and died in D-Day are not the type of men that would throw a milkshake at Nigel Farage or attack old people from behind with metal pipes. I can tell you that for nothing.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Boss said:

The men that fought and died in D-Day are not the type of men that would throw a milkshake at Nigel Farage or attack old people from behind with metal pipes. I can tell you that for nothing.

That's bollocks mate. Milkshakes probably wouldn't have been a thing, but you can guarantee there was a percentage of wrong uns who had police records/or not caught amongst the brave men. Violence isn't a new fandangled thing you know. There was plenty of violent acts back in the day, the lack of policing/old methods meant many crimes went unpunished. 

15 minutes ago, Boss said:

Quite a remarkable talent, being able to speak for dead people.  What would victims of the holocaust say about it?

20 minutes ago, Boss said:

That might be the most radio talk show host thing ever posted. Congratulations!

• Upvote 1

The men that act in the manner depicted in the last few pages are the same ones who would turn up to shout abuse at the troops as they return home from active service.

There's a video of them attacking a fellow leftist with an American flag because they thought he was a fascist. Run that back through your heads. They are in America, attacking a man with an American flag. These are not the men that would fight and die for their country in perilous times. These are the men that would abscond to Canada to avoid the draft.

• Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, Champions of Europe said:

Doesn't that depend on what you're are fighting for? These people had seen for years the destructive power of the enemy, I think if you realised your family could be in jeopardy then you might think differently. I'm not saying you wouldn't be terrified, you would. 

Unfortunately, propaganda is an art these days, the media can bend minds very easily. An enemy is whoever they decide it is and whoever they put up for the two minutes of hate. 

You think fascists and neo nazis are not a threat to society? Interesting 

6 hours ago, Boss said:

The fact you think it’s about “disagreements in world view” is very revealing, boss

Guest Pistonbroke
9 minutes ago, Boss said:

The men that act in the manner depicted in the last few pages are the same ones who would turn up to shout abuse at the troops as they return home from active service.

There's a video of them attacking a fellow leftist with an American flag because they thought he was a fascist. Run that back through your heads. They are in America, attacking a man with an American flag. These are not the men that would fight and die for their country in perilous times. These are the men that would abscond to Canada to avoid the draft.

Nice attempt to deflect from your previous post, you are still talking unfounded bollocks though. 

6 minutes ago, moof said:

The fact you think it’s about “disagreements in world view” is very revealing, boss

It is disagreements in world view though, that's precisely what it is. Besides the word fascist is so nebulous and that's compounded further by nobody wanting to define it. What is a fascist to you?