You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When is Violence Justified?

37 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Well, I guess first you didn’t really stipulate which type of fascists, leaders, followers, part of a demonstration, whatever.

I mean I don’t think anyone, apart from maybe rico and NV, would object that if Hitler had been in mid exhorting rant and some ordinary German citizen had lobbed an egg at him, that would have been ok.

So if you’re not up for kicking in a fascist dickhead in the street, because you’ve decided they deserve it, that’s probably a good thing.

Claus von Stauffenberg's first attempt.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Well, I guess first you didn’t really stipulate which type of fascists, leaders, followers, part of a demonstration, whatever.

I mean I don’t think anyone, apart from maybe rico and NV, would object that if Hitler had been in mid exhorting rant and some ordinary German citizen had lobbed an egg at him, that would have been ok.

So if you’re not up for kicking in a fascist dickhead in the street, because you’ve decided they deserve it, that’s probably a good thing.

Throwing an egg at hitler would have undoubtedly resulted in being executed. 

1 minute ago, 16613 said:

Or, the whole third Reich would have started laughing at him with yolk dripping out of his tache, puncturing his facade of messianic power and therefore preventing world war 2 and the holocaust.

14 minutes ago, 16613 said:

Not if you did it before the cunt seized power.

Also, of course, that's an eloquent argument for why Fascists and Nazis must be stopped, by whatever means necessary. 

16 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Or, the whole third Reich would have started laughing at him with yolk dripping out of his tache, puncturing his facade of messianic power and therefore preventing world war 2 and the holocaust.

It wouldn't, because it would have been on the radio and throwing an egg at someone is not great radio.

19 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Not if you did it before the cunt seized power.

Also, of course, that's an eloquent argument for why Fascists and Nazis must be stopped, by whatever means necessary. 

Maybe he was all butterflies and dandelions before someone threw an egg at him? There are unsubstantiated rumours he visited this fair city. Maybe he attended a bitters game and had a kid thrown at him. Another first?

• Upvote 1

This is a picture of a Right-Wing Dutch populist called Pim Fortuyn. He had a cake thrown at him at his book signing by a bunch of protesters. The violence was normalised. It was only a cake though, right?

pim-fortuyn.png&f=1

This is a picture two months later when he was shot dead by a Left-Wing activist.

pim-fortuyn_shot_dead.jpg&f=1[/spolier]

Once you normalise actions of violence against political figures you disagree with, then don't be surprised when violence escalates.

11 minutes ago, 16613 said:

Maybe he was all butterflies and dandelions before someone threw an egg at him? There are unsubstantiated rumours he visited this fair city. Maybe he attended a bitters game and had a kid thrown at him. Another first?

It all started when he went into the Dispensary and ordered a blackcurrant and soda water. 

1 minute ago, Boss said:

This is a picture of a Right-Wing Dutch populist called Pim Fortuyn. He had a cake thrown at him at his book signing by a bunch of protesters. The violence was normalised. It was only a cake though, right?

pim-fortuyn.png&f=1

This is a picture two months later when he was shot dead by a Left-Wing activist.

pim-fortuyn_shot_dead.jpg&f=1

Once you normalise actions of violence against political figures you disagree with, then don't be surprised when violence escalates.

Not sure what point you are making here?

One picture is him covered in cake the 2nd one is months later when he has been shot dead. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Not sure what point you are making here?

One picture is him covered in cake the 2nd one is months later when he has been shot dead. 

Isn't the point obvious?

"I’m not going to lose any sleep about some fella pouring a milkshake on him"

"Throwing milkshake or egging someone is not violence"

"This is why I've got no qualms about Yaxley-Lennon or the rapey twat getting milky"

"You mean have a cold drink thrown on them? It's not violence, really, is it?"

"I don't fucking care. It's a milkshake."

36 minutes ago, Boss said:

pim-fortuyn.png&f=1

He was shot dead by an animal rights activist, over mink farming. 

He was a right cunt though, Pim. 

25 minutes ago, Boss said:

Isn't the point obvious?

"I’m not going to lose any sleep about some fella pouring a milkshake on him"

"Throwing milkshake or egging someone is not violence"

"This is why I've got no qualms about Yaxley-Lennon or the rapey twat getting milky"

"You mean have a cold drink thrown on them? It's not violence, really, is it?"

"I don't fucking care. It's a milkshake."

You think Fortuyn was murdered because throwing cake at politicians had been normalized?

8 minutes ago, SasaS said:

You think Fortuyn was murdered because throwing cake at politicians had been normalized?

No. The cake throwing incident was used to mock and ridicule him - like what's happening right now with Robinson and Farage. And then a left wing nutter killed him.

The milkshake thing is shitbag behaviour.  I think the point about it not being violence is an interesting one.  I think the fact it’s ambiguous is why these cunts are doing it.  They know they will get away with it.  I don’t class Farage and Robinson as the same but they’re both cunts for similar reasons.  It still doesn’t stand up though. I didn’t like it when that fella punched Corbyn but I also wouldn’t like it if people started throwing milkshakes over him wherever he went.  That’s what people are trying to turn this into.  It will just mean you get more and more attention seeking cunts who aren’t doing it to make a political point.

In response to the opening question I think the answer is yes when somebody throws a milkshake on you.

51 minutes ago, Boss said:

pim-fortuyn.png&f=1

Clearly, throwing food and committing murder are much of a muchness; the one always leads to the other.

Give your head a wobble, you daft twat.

6 minutes ago, Boss said:

No. The cake throwing incident was used to mock and ridicule him - like what's happening right now with Robinson and Farage. And then a left wing nutter killed him.

But the nutter would have killed him regardless, no? Same as politicians which were killed without cake or eggs being thrown at them previously.