You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When is Violence Justified?

41 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

How would you define a fascist?

Ultranationalist far right with revolutionary ideas to protect and/or restore a certain race or nation at the expense of others, a hatred of democracy and diversity and liberty, happy to use violence or promote violent behaviour against their enemies

Those guys getting their asses kicked is awesome 

When someone takes 5 and a half hours to pick Tony fucking Kroos. 

If someone kicked my dog. 

If someone burglarised my house. 

Anyone who serves me any of the outer grid toasts from the toast grid thread. 

If someone turned into a zombie and wanted to do the same to me. 

Anyone who talks, chews or takes a breath between 7:15 and 8:15 am. 

Boxing. 

• Downvote 1

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.
Cormac McCarthy,
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, moof said:

Ultranationalist far right with revolutionary ideas to protect and/or restore a certain race or nation at the expense of others, a hatred of democracy and diversity and liberty, happy to use violence or promote violent behaviour against their enemies

Those guys getting their asses kicked is awesome 

Thing is though, you are happy to use or promote violence against your enemies.

And I'm pretty sure those people would say that you are promoting women/gays/muslims at the expense of others (white men).  So, who gets to decide who gets kicked in?

9 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Thing is though, you are happy to use or promote violence against your enemies.

And I'm pretty sure those people would say that you are promoting women/gays/muslims at the expense of others (white men).  So, who gets to decide who gets kicked in?

If certain sections of white male society is so terrified by the human race they deserve a kicking. 

8 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

This question has been alluded to on other threads.  Rather than getting bogged down in specifics, anyone fancy mulling it over in more general terms?

I think violence is generally best avoided, but it can sometimes be appropriate, depending on context.  Off the top of my head, I'd say that the key questions of context are:-

1.  Are your aims morally defensible?

2.  Is violence the most effective way of achieving those aims?

3.  Are there likely to be any unintended negative consequences?

4.  Is the violence proportionate or excessive?

Anyone reckon we can discuss this without ending up outside KFC on County?

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115ce3236b6775774a55

Another  (probably) important point of context is the issue of any power imbalance. For example, when Secsh talks about twatting burglars, a lot of people would agree with that. But if a 5 year-old child somehow broke into his house and started helping herself to his stuff, most of us would probably feel a bit squeamish if he gave her a fucking good kicking.

The power imbalance thing gets really relevant when you think about issues of violence against women, state violence and violence by majorities against oppressed minorities - specifically, in respect of the degree to which the victims of violence fight back.

I don’t agree with it but you can’t help but laugh at this...

It was a quality £6 Five Guys shake as wel, not some McDonald’s or Yoop one. Wasting a Five Guys shake is serious commitment to the the cause. 

F8BB33B4-9910-4787-A934-FB1C4FC4443D.png