You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

American Politics

Boss

Biden isn't particularly inspiring but some punter being interviewed made a good point that he just wanted America to get back to normal before they tried anything radical again.

Sanders' politics would be a good punt after four years of same old shit democratic politics, but you get the feeling non Trump supporters are so brutalized by what they've seen and heard in the last four years that they just want things to settle down.

I can't see how it would be possible for any candidate on either side of the spectrum to be such a perfect storm of human detritus as what Trump somehow manages to combine.

Even if Biden is slow or a bit cunty or whatever, I reckon he'll surround himself with people who know what's going on. Trump has basically taken a flamethrower to the whole Washington machine, apparently half the desks in the state department are empty and he's got used car salesmen he knows in top jobs in the CIA and shit

The only way is up.

9 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I thought it was a very mature message from Bernie. He was obviously stung by criticism last time that his support for Hillary was too late and too half-hearted. Joe using the "Not me, us" phrase was a nice touch too. 

Sanders ran much stronger last time around -- he also has alot of respect for Biden. 

Some people forget Biden was a serious power broker in the Senate for years. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

You know they will not be on the ballot in most states?

And how do you work that out?

Jill Stein's ballot status for 2016 here, hopefully they can do that again or better unless there's something you know that I don't yet : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jill_Stein_2016_presidential_campaign#Ballot_status

Just now, Red Phoenix said:

And how do you work that out?

Jill Stein's ballot status for 2016 here, hopefully they can do that again or better unless there's something you know that I don't yet : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jill_Stein_2016_presidential_campaign#Ballot_status

They are going to really struggle to get the signatures needed for GE - Jill Stein had been at it for years

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

You're not fooling anyone, Mr Hawkins.

Haha, didn't even think of that until I saw your post!

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

They are going to really struggle to get the signatures needed for GE - Jill Stein had been at it for years

Have faith Mr Hawkins, have faith.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Biden:

“Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

This dumb fuck was doing fine laying low and just keeping his trap shut.

• Upvote 1