You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

American Politics

Boss

11 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Southern states that will inevitably vote for Trump

Florida aside there is no Dem strategy that expects any different - if I had to guess I would say only Clinton the first time around has ever taken a single one. Obama was elected twice losing everyone of these.

12 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Biden is just more of the same Democrats - rich old white guy from party machine.

There hasn't been a Dem elected President in the last 60 years that fits this description.

The closest would be LBJ but he rode on Kennedy's coattails. The peanut farmer was neither rich or old and certainly not from the party machine.

Kennedy was the youngest fella ever elected President. Clinton, second youngest. Obama, not white and not old, third youngest.

Considering he threw up on himself trying to position his gun control stance, pooped his pants at nearly everyone of his personal appearances and was bitchslapped on TV by Elizabeth Warren it is certainly for the best.

Got this one as wrong as when I thought a certain Australian f##tballer would be a big hit for us.

Bloomberg has also jumped behind Biden.

Biden will have all Bloombergs money plus all the free media coverage, only hope for Sanders is if he blows up big time at the next debate and shows himself to be unelectable. 

Sanders needs to really go on the attack against Biden, basically using the same points Trump will use, his supporters will but not sure if he will. 

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Either more Dems prefer Biden this time around to Clinton in 2016 or Bernie has lost quite a few supporters.

Biden is less detestable, no?

More people to the left of Mussolini might actually bite their tongue and vote for him.

Biden seems such a bad choice to face Trump. I see how much Americans get totally fucked over with medical bills and insurance, it blows my mind they're so scared of a Medicare for all programme.  I read some bloke who had an accident when he was younger and he grew up feeling guilty as hell because it took his parents years to pay off his ambulance fee. 

Some woman on the BBC there hammering the voting system saying that its widespread that in areas with more young, african american and hispanic voters they are making it harder to vote. Corrupt as fuck. Snide behaviour like the Libs and Tories get up too. Fucking democracy my arse. Cunts 

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Some woman on the BBC there hammering the voting system saying that its widespread that in areas with more young, african american and hispanic voters they are making it harder to vote. Corrupt as fuck. Snide behaviour like the Libs and Tories get up too. Fucking democracy my arse. Cunts 

Why would Democrats do that?

27 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I think the focus was on Texas. Don't think it is the Democrats , it is the local councils ( or their version of them ) closing polling stations to save money  , and the vast majority being in poor and black/latino areas.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

48 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I think the focus was on Texas. Don't think it is the Democrats , it is the local councils ( or their version of them ) closing polling stations to save money  , and the vast majority being in poor and black/latino areas.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/02/texas-polling-sites-closures-voting

Texas closes hundreds of polling sites, making it harder for minorities to vote

Guardian analysis finds that places where black and Latino population is growing by the largest numbers experienced the majority of closures and could benefit Republicans

The Guardian now needs you to register to read, never used to be like that.

7 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

the majority of closures and could benefit Republicans

Not in the Dem primary it wouldn't, but these tactics have been on going for decades in the GE. The Republicans further consolidated power by gerrymandering.

And it would affect minority voters of every age - the premise was that somehow the system is making it harder for young minority voters.

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Not in the Dem primary it wouldn't, but these tactics have been on going for decades in the GE. The Republicans further consolidated power by gerrymandering.

And it would affect minority voters of every age - the premise was that somehow the system is making it harder for young minority voters.

I don't disagree, I was just quoting the only paragraph from The Guardian I could attach as the rest is behind a registration requirement.