You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

American Politics

Boss

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I don't know what MUA is and I'm scared to ask.

Make up artist. Its what all the scouse girls on Facebook and instagram put next to their name when they've done a half day course in mascara application. 

Going to be difficult to shoehorn in someone else at this point (Bloomberg shitting his pants did not help) - Moore is the biggest Bernie Bro out there but that ship has sailed. A successful candidate would need every faction of the party to lockstep too (see Republicans) to have a good chance.

I do agree at a minimum there will be shenanigans on election data and mail in voting specifically which will be in play as this virusy thing hangs around.

And, nothing would be Trumpier than to lose (to any candidate) and then say it was rigged and try to fight the outcome.

Hasan Minhaj came up with  (what sounded like) a neat summary of the American economy on Patriot Act

He said "Everything we want is fucking amazing - iPhones, Amazon, Grubhub; everything we need is dogshit - schools, airports, trains."

Sounds like a more general critique of capitalism, to me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

"Uh' Tim, this is Mitch."

"Who?"

"Mitch."

Tim Scott, the only Black Republican in the Senate, has been tasked by Mitch McConnell to lead a Republican police reform effort.

I haven't googled him but I'm getting a Carlton vibe.

• Upvote 1

He takes a fair wedge from the oil industry and voted to withdraw from the Paris climate accords, but he’s voted against a bill including money for Trump’s wall and against the appointment of a judge involved in black voter suppression.

• 3 weeks later...

Republican who won Colorado primary - beating a 5 time incumbent:

Her claim to fame locally is that waiters/waitresses in her restaurant openly carry loaded guns in her theme. It’s named Shooter’s Grill and is located in a town called Rifle.

She has said she hopes QAnon is real

She’s expressed support for abolishing the Department of Education

giphy.gif

22 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Republican who won Colorado primary - beating a 5 time incumbent:

Her claim to fame locally is that waiters/waitresses in her restaurant openly carry loaded guns in her theme. It’s named Shooter’s Grill and is located in a town called Rifle.

She has said she hopes QAnon is real

She’s expressed support for abolishing the Department of Education

Well...

Shooters-rct-062316-11-2-1240x1052.jpg