You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

American Politics

Boss

Lmao Tulsi. 

There’s no reason for Sanders to drop out at this point. They’ve run a groundbreaking, inspirational campaign. He’s not going to be president, unfortunately, but the campaign can still have a positive influence in holding the democratic establishment to account and offering clear solutions on a policy/impact basis. Especially in a time when the instability of capitalism is becoming more exposed by the day. He will drop out by time conference rolls around anyway. Can’t see it moving the needle with regards to the general election. 

How insane is this?

This is the easiest softball question in the world! "What do you say to Americans that are scared?" You don't even have to give any specifics, any politician in the world knows how to answer that.

You give some platitudes, you stroke everyone's patriotic pride, whatever. The response is easy. "To Americans who are scared? To them I say 'Have faith in the greatness of America. Every time we are challenged, we rise to the occasion.'"

Whatever, you can say almost anything to that question. What you absolutely cannot say is what he said. Yikes!

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

How insane is this?

This is the easiest softball question in the world! "What do you say to Americans that are scared?" You don't even have to give any specifics, any politician in the world knows how to answer that.

You give some platitudes, you stroke everyone's patriotic pride, whatever. The response is easy. "To Americans who are scared? To them I say 'Have faith in the greatness of America. Every time we are challenged, we rise to the occasion.'"

Whatever, you can say almost anything to that question. What you absolutely cannot say is what he said. Yikes!

Superb. If this whole thing was an American sitcom it would be on most of our top 5 lists. 

6 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Predictions.

1. Biden's going to win the nomination, just like Clinton did.

2. Biden's going to lose the election, just like Clinton did.

3. We are all fucked.

3. Biden is going to blame Sanders and all his supporters, just like Clinton did and continues to do.

4. 2024 the DNC will conspire against any Progressive candidate and claim only a centrist can win. 

• Upvote 2

I'm still unsure about Biden. So many people are sick of Trump, and his handling of the coronavirus is clearly a complete fucking mess. That could see him lose it I think, even though Biden is a nightmare candidate.

Even if he wins the thought of that twat in power instead for four years still freaks me right out. Either of them are a nightmare, I really hope the US starts off an alternative party because we can't keep going through this shit every four years. Electing a new world cop who's almost as bad as the previous, or so similar that there's simply no hope of any real and lasting change for the better.

It didn't look like Biden had a chance and he was shit in debates, getting called out for all his lies regularly on social media and making "gaffes" and messed up speeches all the time. But then other Dems backed him and he's destroyed Sanders with his support. I don't think it's so much of a stretch to think that voters will carry on ignoring him being shit and back him anyway just to get Trump out. That's something that I think could see him win the election.

After what he's done in these primaries (even though he did have a lot of help) I'm not writing him off any longer anyway. Trump managed to defeat the Dems last time, but voters hadn't had to deal with four years of his bullshit, because they have this time it could make all the difference.

Biden is obviously too old and doddery and has a lot of voting skeletons in his closet - although I don’t think those will matter because what most people will go by are the Obama VP years.

Really remains to be seen how much people disliked Hillary.  Clinton beat Bernie by 12% of the popular vote, and it was probably closer than that by the end as Bernie started off slow, whereas Biden is polling 20% ahead of him at the moment.

Clinton beat Trump in the popular vote, but lost the electoral college, that extra support Biden currently has could easily make up that distance.

A former staff assistant to then-Senator Joe Biden claims she was sexually assaulted by the Democrat presidential candidate in 1993. 

Tara Reade, the former staffer who said she viewed Biden as a “champion of women’s rights,” made the allegations in an audio interview with podcaster and journalist Katie Harper. 

Reade explained that the entire exchange was odd. She was sent to deliver a gym bag to Biden when he allegedly, without any exchange of words, simply began kissing her. 

“We were alone, and it was the strangest thing. There was no, like, exchange really, he just had me up against the wall,” she recalled. “His hands were on me and underneath my clothes.” 

Reade proceeded to describe other more graphic actions Biden allegedly engaged in. We have no desire to enter into those details. 
When the assault was over, she claims Biden said, “C’mon man, I heard you liked me.” 

Reade claims that after the assault, Biden dismissed her rather angrily saying, “You’re nothing to me!” 

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/biden-accused-of-sexual-assault-by-former-assistant/

“For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts, whether or not it’s been made worse or better over time.”  

--Joe Biden (on Brett Kavanaugh allegations) 

https://www.mrctv.org/blog/biden-who-advocated-believing-all-women-now-stands-accused-sexually-assaulting-former-staffer

oooof

• 2 weeks later...