You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

American Politics

Boss

47 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

The problem is of course, that if he does become elected, there's very little chance that the rest of the establishment would go along with him.  The senate or house could be Republican controlled, states can block things and the full power of the corporate lobby sector in whichever particular field he's interested in taking on will be unleashed in the media and courts.

If supporters think Bernie is going to change things, they may end up very disappointed in him when only little changes are made.

Yes, better things are not possible. We’ve heard it all a million times 

3 minutes ago, moof said:

Yes, better things are not possible. We’ve heard it all a million times 

That's not what I'm saying.

What I'm saying is that a fair number of voters on the left have in the past had their hopes raised by candidates promoting real change, and when only incremental change happens they then turn against said candidate. 

Look at how some on the left see Obama these days for example.

So Bernie needs to tread a fine line of keeping the hope whilst also being a bit clear on what he can deliver, or he could find himself in the trash. 

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

He has said that the entire time he has been in office. Check his record on delivery.

I know, I first started liking him years back (before he last ran for president.) Can't remember how I found out about him, it was maybe one of his speeches in the house that was passed around on twitter or something. I didn't say he's going to be able to deliver on all of that too, or that he has a perfect record or that I fully agree with him on everything.

Was mainly saying that his supporters believe he's more likely to try taking those groups on than any of the other candidates. I don't think he'll manage to take them on all and win if he's elected, partly due to the corruption of the Rep and Dem house and senate members, but I think he'll have a good go at most of them.

Industry and media makes it seem less deliberate. A slow destruction. The internet has scared the masked shadows. So now they have denied to just go blatant in our faces. "come at us" "we tried but you shot us down and allowed maniacs into power" "yes, that was always the masterplan" 

And decent people who want a happy humanity are labelled and scared to speak. 

"Let us all live along, aside, but when we can't decide why then, if you are told not to be decent ask why, and don't be scared to defy the answer when its wrong. Any child born deserves the same chance as anyone. If you are a dictator that says lets send troops in then yes , as long as you lead the line. If a country can't have oil then the man who decides that has to say why. If you try and take people by arms then expect your fellow human beings to say no why me why not you why are you doing this. Life is simple if the majority weren't cunts. And it is no coincidence that the majority of self-serving evil people, are rich" 

Ooooh it makes you wonder. 

b3f14a14988e0c826ba56c0f9d3e8e4d.jpg565bbc2d5bd35524c94c39a7a77d590d1aff218e

image.jpg

I will support the oppressed until my "dying breath". 

This isn't some coincidence this Russia crap. It's the establishment basically saying, "yes, we're doing it right before Nevada because we're fucking with your campaign. We'll never openly admit it, but you know, and so do many of your supporters. And we don't give a shit."

It's like we're grasping on to the last bits of democracy at this point, in the US and UK. Fucking shambles.

Just now, Scooby Dudek said:

Every Democratic candidate, apart from Bernie, has stated at the debate that they will happily bypass the democratic voters and steal the nomination from the person who gets the most votes/delegates, but it is the Russians who are trying to steal the election. 

Just shows how sneaky Sanders is

44 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Every Democratic candidate, apart from Bernie, has stated at the debate that they will happily bypass the democratic voters and steal the nomination from the person who gets the most votes/delegates, but it is the Russians who are trying to steal the election. 

Probably best if you don’t spout bullshit like this if you don’t want to be seen as stupid or a hypocrite.

13 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Probably best if you don’t spout bullshit like this if you don’t want to be seen as stupid or a hypocrite.

I watched the debate, every candidate apart from sanders said they didn’t think the person with the most votes/delegates should win the nomination. 

1 hour ago, moof said:

I watched the debate, every candidate apart from sanders said they didn’t think the person with the most votes/delegates should win the nomination. 

The Guardian live coverage of the debate left that question and answers out too, just pretended it didn't happen. I think the Independent did exactly the same, and NBC released coverage with that part edited out.

We've got to watch out for those fake news outlets though.