You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

American Politics

Boss

40 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I just always thought you were British.

US politics has pretty clear and obvious implications for the rest of the world and particularly the UK, don’t you agree? We need political coordination on an international scale if we want to have a chance at ensuring the survival of our species. 

20 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

If the Republicans still control the Senate then it’s got no chance, has it? Doesn’t matter who the president is. 

I watched John Oliver this week. I know about these things. 

If he announces himself as Führer for life on day 1 I don’t see what they can do to oppose him, tbh. He will be free to enact all the communist policies 

1 hour ago, moof said:

US politics has pretty clear and obvious implications for the rest of the world and particularly the UK, don’t you agree? We need political coordination on an international scale if we want to have a chance at ensuring the survival of our species. 

I agree... I was just reading the discussion and was for a moment surprised by your phrasing... obvious global implications of US politics notwithstanding, at this stage I'd say it's still up to actual Democrats to decide who they want / would be best to go against Trump. Don't think we are quite at the species survival stage yet with the Democratic primaries. 

Yang has a big idea -- giving every American $1,000 per month -- and a devoted online following that calls itself the "Yang Gang."
But he hasn't made a mark in Democratic debates so far.
Will that change? Well, his campaign manager made an ominous promise. The Daily Beast's Sam Stein tweeted: "Andrew Yang's campaign manager just called to tell me that at tomorrow night's debate, Yang will be doing "something no presidential candidate has ever done before in history." He declined to go further than that."

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:
Yang has a big idea -- giving every American $1,000 per month -- and a devoted online following that calls itself the "Yang Gang."
Will that change? Well, his campaign manager made an ominous promise. The Daily Beast's Sam Stein tweeted: "Andrew Yang's campaign manager just called to tell me that at tomorrow night's debate, Yang will be doing "something no presidential candidate has ever done before in history." He declined to go further than that."

Someone needs to give him a quick ying and see if he is means it

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SasaS said:

. Don't think we are quite at the species survival stage yet with the Democratic primaries. 

I disagree. We’re at a quite critical point in terms of the environment - we’re already far behind where we need to be. Change can’t come quickly enough 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He’s gonna come out with some steveweisers and smash everyone with a steel chair. The gimmick candidate

12 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

The Wu Yang Clan?