You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lesser-known, older or unappreciated kids movies

• 1 year later...

I’ve used the ideas in this thread a fair bit. Just read it through again now and realised there’s loads that we’ve watched and still plenty that we haven’t. 

Bumping it now to recommend a film. Turdsette likes something called Teen Titans Go. It’s from DC comics and it’s a good little cartoon. They’ve just put ‘Teen Titans Go - The Movie’ on Netflix. It’s the number one watched thing on the kids section today and we’ve just finished watching it. 

It’s great fun. We laughed most of the way through. Loads of other characters from the DC Universe if your little ones are into that, plus a little cameo from a surprise guest. Get on it. 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve used the ideas in this thread a fair bit. Just read it through again now and realised there’s loads that we’ve watched and still plenty that we haven’t. 

Bumping it now to recommend a film. Turdsette likes something called Teen Titans Go. It’s from DC comics and it’s a good little cartoon. They’ve just put ‘Teen Titans Go - The Movie’ on Netflix. It’s the number one watched thing on the kids section today and we’ve just finished watching it. 

It’s great fun. We laughed most of the way through. Loads of other characters from the DC Universe if your little ones are into that, plus a little cameo from a surprise guest. Get on it. 

Have you seen The Wolf Walker mate? Cracking.

7 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

My lad loves these. I've never thought of watching it with him though. Might give it a shot.

6 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Tarka the Otter 1978 film. 

Blast from the past, that.

10 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Tarka the Otter 1978 film. 

You had me worried I was going addled there , easy.

I have been telling people for years that I watched Tarka the Otter on a cine reel at All Saints primary for our end of term treat , but I left that school in 1971. Checked your dates and realised they were right but luckily after investigation it appears the film I saw was Ring of Bright Water which is also otter-based and from 1969.

• Upvote 1

Not a film but a TV series, Avatar: The Last Airbender. 

It's so fucking good, like way way better than it has any right to be. I'm still suffering from a bit of Post-series depression knowing I can never watch it for the first time again. 2020 was shit but binge watching Avatar with my 6 year old son is something I'll remember forever. 

It honestly has more depth and character progression than most grown-up I've seen. the world is full of personality, even side characters are fleshed out, some hilarious parts, some that almost made me cry. 

Dave Filoni directed a load of the first series before moving on to Star Wars. It's on Netflix, and possibly Prime aswell. if you have a kid aged 5 or over you need to watch it

25 minutes ago, sir roger said:

You had me worried I was going addled there , easy.

I have been telling people for years that I watched Tarka the Otter on a cine reel at All Saints primary for our end of term treat , but I left that school in 1971. Checked your dates and realised they were right but luckily after investigation it appears the film I saw was Ring of Bright Water which is also otter-based and from 1969.

I watched that a while ago , still quite good. 

Didn't he get a train ticket for him and the Otter? 

• Upvote 1

It took me years to find out the name of a film that scared the shit out of me when I was a kid  I watched it in some butlins type place in Wales when my mum went out and left us kids to babysit ourselves. The watcher in the woods, no idea if it was good or not but at the time it made me sleep with my quilt over my head with a little breathing hole. It was a disney film so probably not scary at all.

11 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I see  your Tarka The Otter and raise you a Ricky Tiki Tarvy.

I had to google that, I'd heard of it, a story of the beliefs of good and bad it seems, of that time. 

In the Tarka one there's very good wildlife shots, it's a well watchable film to enjoy the countryside scenes, I wonder if kids would enjoy it today, it would be good to think they would. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I watched that a while ago , still quite good. 

Didn't he get a train ticket for him and the Otter? 

Yes , what I remember most even all these years later is the reaction to a random guy killing the otter , some of the girls ( and probably some boys too ) were sobbing their hearts out and a couple ran out of the hall.

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Yes , what I remember most even all these years later is the reaction to a random guy killing the otter , some of the girls ( and probably some boys too ) were sobbing their hearts out and a couple ran out of the hall.

I put it to you, did you're bottom lip tremble? 

They'd probably say what a cunt these days.