You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where are you watching the final?

Sugar Ape

20 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Watching it at Jurgen's local, The Freshfield, in Formby.

Draw for a signed Thiago shirt on the go there as well.

It's a long time since i was in there , i remember the Pinewoods? I wish i was home for this one but I'll have to make do down here but I'll be with some good lads in 12 hours time. 

All have a great night, Liverpool FC what a club and fans like no other. Christ I'm emotional this early. 

• Upvote 1

In Rafa times I was at the games and surrounded by the loving glow of fellow reds.  

Now with a young family I’m having to watch the Klopp era on TV. And as a result when there is a major final there is nothing worse than being in a Dublin pub and having loads of Man Utd/Arsenal/Leeds/ and recently Man City fans shouting for the other team. So I’ve bought a bunch of beers and will watch it on my own tv at home that I watched us lift number 6 on. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

Askins bar,  Dalyan. Tables reserved. Weather is in the 30's now so draught Efes will glide down.

I will however have Askin by the throat and move elsewhere if we get the buffering we got last week. 

2018-08-31.jpg

With it being free to air on YouTube and presumably little policing of the output, I hope there will be fewer issues for streams etc.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, sir roger said:

With it being free to air on YouTube and presumably little policing of the output, I hope there will be fewer issues for streams etc.

Good call, never thought of that but still relies on a good signal and I think he may have reduced his WiFi package. His throat will tell the story.

Afternoon at the local cricket club then the working mens club round the corner for the game. 

There’ll be a smattering of reds in there but the overwhelming majority will want Real Madrid to win. If Liverpool win they will all pretend not to care, if Madrid win they’ll be dancing on the tables.

Such is the life of an out of town Liverpool supporter. 

• Upvote 1

I'll be watching it with a few mates in a pub near Liverpool St in London, not far from where I live. Never been in there before, although I'm reliably informed that it's an 'old school boozer', which is no bad thing considering how poncey or generic most of the bars in Shoreditch/the City are these days.

It was the only place online I could book a place within the vicinity when I Googled 'pubs to watch Liverpool in' or similar. Only after I booked did I figure that result only came up because it's near Liverpool St, and fuck all to do with a sizeable red fanbase. 

A bit perturbed that I could actually book a place there (think of the B&B in the Jolly Boys Outing), but they sell beer and food and have big screens, so all's good.

53 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Afternoon at the local cricket club then the working mens club round the corner for the game. 

There’ll be a smattering of reds in there but the overwhelming majority will want Real Madrid to win. If Liverpool win they will all pretend not to care, if Madrid win they’ll be dancing on the tables.

Such is the life of an out of town Liverpool supporter. 

It's the same living in Liverpool mate. If we win it will be "Lad you only had to beat Benfica and Villareal" "You weren't even champions" If it wasn't for Heysel it would have been us" "It's corrupt anyway" "City won the one you wanted the most" 

If we lose you may as well be in Madrid they way they will go on. 

• Upvote 1