You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where are you watching the final?

Sugar Ape

2 hours ago, Juniper said:

On holiday in Cornwall, my brother (also a red) came down to stay with us for a couple days yesterday with his partner and my neice.

Just been to a duck race for the kids, about to head to the beach before coming back for a BBQ and watch the build up before the game, whilst getting stuck into the beers.

Absolutely Ace

Each time we've watched a final together we've won so you can all thank us both later.

05 - Watched the final in town with my brother.

07 - Watched the final at home.

18 - Watched the final at home.

19 - Watching the final in town with my brother. 

• Upvote 1

What a fantastic day.

great fun all day with the barbecue, playing in the pool, singing and talking shit.

kids left at 6:45, time for a football quiz, get set for the match.

just going to bed now, absolutely smashed. Sat out by the fire for the last hour chatting bollocks and listening to music,

great day. Up the reds.

On 25/05/2019 at 11:55, joeyk said:

There’s quite a few outdoor venues in Dublin that’ll be good. DTwo and The  Living Room have massive outdoor screens. I was indoors at Sinnotts for the Barca match. The place went mental. It’s managed by Liverpool fans I believe. 

My lad and his two mates were at The Living Room and the stream went down for the second goal and the had to watch livescores to see we'd scored. Tony Moanero heaven.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

My lad and his two mates were at The Living Room and the stream went down for the second goal and the had to watch livescores to see we'd scored. Tony Moanero heaven.

The Living Room is absolutely shite. Went there once when we played Sunderland at home a few years ago and I couldn't get out of there quick enough.

On 31/05/2019 at 17:48, Em City said:

Change of plan for me; I'm now going to the Whitworth in Phibsborough. My record of watching sport in there:

- Johnny Sexton nailing a last minute 40 yard drop goal to beat France in Paris after 42 phases.

- Beating Watford 5 -0 

- Ireland winning the Grand Slam in     Twickenham (both on the same day)

- Ireland beating the All Blacks at home for the first time.

- The Origi goal derby

- The Mighty Reds winning number six in Madrid.

All hail the power of the Whitworth.

By way of update...

The Streak Continues.

15 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Nightmare! The hotel I was at in Belfast was showing it on the YouTube stream. It kept lagging and all sorts. I said to the missus beforehand I couldn’t give a shite where we watch it as long as we win ! 

I watched it in some bar on Seel St. was fuckin rammed like I’ve never seen the city centre before. Got my haircut in town about 11am on bold st and there must have been a few hundred people in concert sq already!

After the game we stood in concert sq for about 3 hours singing then moved down onto church street. I’ll never forget it. I was literally in tears. Such an incredible experience. 

Got back from Madrid yesterday afternoon. First things first, it is a bloody long way if you're driving. 51 hours in the car round trip!! Having said that, Madrid is an ace city and it was well worth the trip. The fan zone was absolutely mental. The last time I went to a final was in 05 and Taksim Square was nothing like this, Madrid didn't know what hit them. There were probably twice as many fans without tickets as with, and I think every pub/shop/supermarket within a 2 mile radius was drunk dry.

Ended up watching the match in The Dubliner bar in Puerto Del Sol and then spilling out into the square to meet up with the lads who had gone to the game. There wasn't even the merest hint of trouble that I saw and we got talking to loads of local Real & Atletico supporters who had come down to join in. Was an absolutely fantastic day and night, the release of tension when Origo scored is something I'll never forget.

• Upvote 2

• 2 years later...

3 years ago I watched the Hendo Shuffle in a Ronald McDonald House during my lad's treatment. Now he's pinging around the house with his twin making a fucking racket. Hopefully they sleep until at least 7am tomorrow! 

Watxhing at home, nursing a hangover. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

I’m at a mates having a mini version of what we had at mine for 2019.

I’ve watched each of 05, 07, 18 and 19 with some combination of these lads so I can’t pick out any patterns that are possible omens, even if I gave credence to such things.

had a similar watered down version for the cup final earlier this month too.

7 hours ago, A_S said:

3 years ago I watched the Hendo Shuffle in a Ronald McDonald House during my lad's treatment. Now he's pinging around the house with his twin making a fucking racket. Hopefully they sleep until at least 7am tomorrow! 

Watxhing at home, nursing a hangover. 

Yep, my son and I are still trying to work out how we can avoid waking up the ladies of the house at 5am. 

Setting off for Speke in a couple of hours where I can leave my car. Meeting my uncles and heading somewhere with outdoor screens, where my cousins are both working and can provide us with free ale all night. Gonna be absolutely heaving there and I’m taking Turdsette and the boy for the atmosphere, staying up there again tomorrow for the parade. 

I say free ale, they weren’t able to secure me a free table so that’s cost us £100, but that comes with beers and scran which will get demolished before we start “ordering”

I was at the same place for the Fury vs Whyte fight and it was great, albeit with about a third of the amount of people that’ll be there tonight.