You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where are you watching the final?

Sugar Ape

At a children's hospital just outside Melbourne for one of my twin boys who has been in here getting treatment for leukemia for 7 months as of yesterday. He's had a few bumps along the way, but until this point he's doing very well. The reds having the brilliant season they are having has made it a little easier to get through some long weeks in here, yet conversely, reality has been there to snap me out of a mood following a bad result. Yin and yang. 

I'd have loved to get to the LFC supporters pub in the city which will be absolutely heaving early Sunday morning, but the situation doesn't really allow it! As it turns out, a charity has organized for my near 4yo lad to accompany the Aussie Rules players onto the MCG as a mascot on Sunday afternoon. It's such a great opportunity for him, so perhaps not being half bladdered after the CL final will be a good thing this time. 

With the subscription shite for footy in this country meaning no free-to-air coverage of the final for the first time in years, I need to work out where I can hook up my newly-acquired Google Chrome (I've got a subscription to only watch on my phone) to a tv in the share house we're living in for the duration of his treatment. 

And to @Jarvinja Ilnow, that's so fucking good to hear mate. All the best to you in your recovery. 

Come on reds, fucking do this. 

• Upvote 25

3 minutes ago, A_S said:

At a children's hospital just outside Melbourne for one of my twin boys who has been in here getting treatment for leukemia for 7 months as of yesterday. He's had a few bumps along the way, but until this point he's doing very well. The reds having the brilliant season they are having has made it a little easier to get through some long weeks in here, yet conversely, reality has been there to snap me out of a mood following a bad result. Yin and yang. 

I'd have loved to get to the LFC supporters pub in the city which will be absolutely heaving early Sunday morning, but the situation doesn't really allow it! As it turns out, a charity has organized for my near 4yo lad to accompany the Aussie Rules players onto the MCG as a mascot on Sunday afternoon. It's such a great opportunity for him, so perhaps not being half bladdered after the CL final will be a good thing this time. 

With the subscription shite for footy in this country meaning no free-to-air coverage of the final for the first time in years, I need to work out where I can hook up my newly-acquired Google Chrome (I've got a subscription to only watch on my phone) to a tv in the share house we're living in for the duration of his treatment. 

And to @Jarvinja Ilnow, that's so fucking good to hear mate. All the best to you in your recovery. 

Puts it all into prospective. My nephew spent 6 months in hospital last year getting stretched to get a rod put in his back. Losing last year's final set him back loads, he still hasn't got over it. All the best for your lads full recovery.

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, A_S said:

Great to hear he's doing well, and wishing you the best of luck to you all going on from here. Also hoping Sunday is a great experience, and that you basking in the afterglow of a Reds win makes it an even better one!

• Upvote 1

I’ve just put together the shopping list for the bbq, made plans for when people are arriving (and more importantly, when the children are being sent packing) and mowed the lawn this morning before work, so my shithole of a back garden looks half presentable to people.

will hand the banner up in the morning.

finally starting to feel excited.

• Upvote 1

Watching it at home with my youngest daughter and my eldest daughter's older daughter ( her dad's a Gooner so she likes to watch football at Grandads for the atmosphere ! )

Pizza on the BBQ with some sausages and a few beers all afternoon, with a nice bottle of Shiraz reserved for the game. Will leave the tv off as long as possible to avoid those BT Sport beauts...................

• Upvote 1

Change of plan for me; I'm now going to the Whitworth in Phibsborough. My record of watching sport in there:

- Beating Watford 5 -0 

- Ireland winning the Grand Slam in     Twickenham (both on the same day)

- Ireland beating the All Blacks at home   for the first time.

- The Origi goal derby

All hail the power of the Whitworth.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

I’m at a wedding in Sofia KO is at 10pm here so I might go in full kit wanker dress in protest at their inconsiderate scheduling.

last year I was on holiday in Costa Rica so basically if I book a holiday we’re getting to the final. I’ll take thanks in the form of cheques.

• Upvote 1

On 25/05/2019 at 15:54, Redder Lurtz said:

I reckon that's me sorted then. 

Not sure what time you are heading up but planning to be a there for 5 so if you are later I'll give you an heads up on how busy it is.

Hopefully we will get a table outside if so you are welcome to join us out with 2 Leeds fans but they aren't your usual lot they wanting Liverpool to win mainly because they will have to deal with me for the next 3  months if they dont

• Upvote 2

Hearing news that the PS4 is getting a or has got a BT Sport app. Just in time to watch the final on your PlayStation.

Huge if true.

I'm at a mate's wedding.  Was originally going to be for the evening, which would have been tough as I'd be turning up at kick off.  Instead they've asked me along for the day after someone dropped out, which means I'll feel a lot less guilty for slinking off and watching on my phone.

Actually, there better be fucking signal...

34 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I'm at a mate's wedding.  Was originally going to be for the evening, which would have been tough as I'd be turning up at kick off.  Instead they've asked me along for the day after someone dropped out, which means I'll feel a lot less guilty for slinking off and watching on my phone.

Actually, there better be fucking signal...

I watched last years at a wedding.

went to slam dunk festival in the day and got wonderfully drunk in the sunshine watching ace bands and having a laugh.

left about teatime, was hungover by the time I got to the hotel, my mate dragged his heels so much the game had started by the time we got in the cab to the wedding.

got the driver to put it on the radio and arrived just after hearing salah go down injured, but didn’t know it was bad.

got in to find the screen showing the match of been promised was a bullshit lie.

watched the rest of the match on YouTube on my phone, with some of the worst buffering ever known.

utterly dreadful experience.

dont do that. Don’t do any of that.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I watched last years at a wedding.

went to slam dunk festival in the day and got wonderfully drunk in the sunshine watching ace bands and having a laugh.

left about teatime, was hungover by the time I got to the hotel, my mate dragged his heels so much the game had started by the time we got in the cab to the wedding.

got the driver to put it on the radio and arrived just after hearing salah go down injured, but didn’t know it was bad.

got in to find the screen showing the match of been promised was a bullshit lie.

watched the rest of the match on YouTube on my phone, with some of the worst buffering ever known.

utterly dreadful experience.

dont do that. Don’t do any of that.

Haha, was at Slam Dunk last weekend actually. Actually turned down a ticket to the Echo today because I'd already RSVPd.  One of my mates in particular is going to be in my ear regardless so there's no way I can try and watch it after.

At least it'll be a memory. In 2005 I missed ET because I was on a bus into town after being (literally) dragged out for a mate's birthday.  Listening to the radio on the coach, hearing the hammering we were getting and waiting for what felt inevitable, it was hell.  Barging into a crowded pub to catch shots of Carra hobbling and Dudek's double save, and then watching the shootout before heading over to the club. Potentially putting myself through all that again.

Friends that hate football... or just my own stupidity, not sure.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Think were doing the William Gladstone in town now. Off there shortly to get a spec. Thankfully I can kind of handle my ale. 

Hell of a session that, I'd be fucking ruined by tea time.

On holiday in Cornwall, my brother (also a red) came down to stay with us for a couple days yesterday with his partner and my neice.

Just been to a duck race for the kids, about to head to the beach before coming back for a BBQ and watch the build up before the game, whilst getting stuck into the beers.

Absolutely Ace

Each time we've watched a final together we've won so you can all thank us both later.

• Upvote 1